St Mirren v Rangers

The Old Tolbooth

Smith's 1 up front policy is ridiculous against some of the smaller teams. No shock they're leading so early with 2 up top and that it's Boyd that's got the goal.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they get them

Fingers and toes crossed. :)

Rangers FC still have a nightmare final game though. Even although the cod heads are rank rotten they will do everything they can to thwart Rangers FC.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Would be a bit ironic - St Mirren getting thumped so Celtic LOSE the league.

I really hope they go down next year.

The Old Tolbooth

Rangers FC still have a nightmare final game though. Even although the cod heads are rank rotten they will do everything they can to thwart Rangers FC.

Whilst Celtic have an easy game against Dundee Utd's under 12's ;)

PresidentRomanov

Fingers and toes crossed indeed :)

This is setting itself up nicely for another disastrous final day for the vhermin :)

I didn't think hooves and toes went together;)

Whilst Celtic have an easy game against Dundee Utd's under 12's ;)

I can't see that happening John. Dungdeh Hibs will have to play their strongest team - injuries permitting - or the doo doo will really hit the fan. Whether the players try a leg or not is something that's much more difficult to judge.

St Midden are easily bribed by either half of the inbreds. Can see them win this by about 4 or 5 which will still make it very difficult unless Utd take a point off Celtic.

If Rangers FC keep scoring at this rate then it'll be all to play for in the final game. :)

If Rangers FC keep scoring at this rate then it'll be all to play for in the final game. :)

Hopefully St. Mirren FC can score then. The sooner this title race is over the better. Sick of hearing about it.

I hate St Mirren, ever since Fitzpatrick and McGarvey ponced about the pitch in 86.

Its been a long time baby

Since it is now two leagues in one, should the game not have been played b4 the spilt? St M have nothing to play for now but before they would have wanted the points more so to stay in the spl

PresidentRomanov
Since it is now two leagues in one, should the game not have been played b4 the spilt? St M have nothing to play for now but before they would have wanted the points more so to stay in the spl

St Mirren have played about a dozen games since they needed the points to stay up :)

If that bust up had involved Hearts players I bet it wouldn't have been yellow dished out.

Any more details - I'm relying on BBC text coverage and all it said was 4 bookings for unsporting behaviour...

The Old Tolbooth
I can't see that happening John. Dungdeh Hibs will have to play their strongest team - injuries permitting - or the doo doo will really hit the fan. Whether the players try a leg or not is something that's much more difficult to judge.

Not so I don't think, I'm sure that Levein can play whatever team he wants to play, as long as the players are registered to United.

Celtic and Rangers have both been guilty of playing weakened teams on the last day of the season in the past when nothing is at stake and quite rightly so IMO, and the SFA said nothing about it, one of the games affected Hearts IIRC when Celtic played a weakened side at Killie.

alwaysthereinspirit
Any more details - I'm relying on BBC text coverage and all it said was 4 bookings for unsporting behaviour...

Sounds like another cowardly SFA employee taking the easy road. Virtually impossible for a scrimage described to not have at least one red. Oh well at least we dont need to worry about our refs in Scotland having an agenda.

Thompson kicked the ball at a Saints player lying on the ground. He reacted and several other players piled in, including Whittaker. Lots of pushing and shoving with too many trying to get involved rather than calm it down.

Bookings were probably right but I've seen many Hearts players sent off for less.

PresidentRomanov
one of the games affected Hearts IIRC when Celtic played a weakened side at Killie.

That's correct John, yet most posters on here want Rangers FC to lose the title to Celtic :confused:

Hearts have some strange supporters :wacko:

If that bust up had involved Hearts players I bet it wouldn't have been yellow dished out.

Agree.

Did Glen, Stewart, Kurskis, Zaliukas do any worse than what went on there? Yet our men see straight reds, kop suspensions and we maybe kop a ?40k fine, yet Rangers players for the umpteenth time this season get away with putting their hands around an opponents neck and get away with a yellow (St Mirren were also guilty).

Did we not get Maybury sent off for blasting a ball (in play) at an opponents chest?

ps For what its worth, that is how i would like to see a referee deal with those situations, pity we can't get the same deal.

Virtually impossible for a scrimage described to not have at least one red.

Er, it's soccer we're talking about, not football. :rolleyes:

Agree.

Did Glen, Stewart, Kurskis, Zaliukas do any worse than what went on there? Yet our men see straight reds, kop suspensions and we maybe kop a ?40k fine, yet Rangers players for the umpteenth time this season get away with putting their hands around an opponents neck and get away with a yellow (St Mirren were also guilty).

Did we not get Maybury sent off for blasting a ball (in play) at an opponents chest?

ps For what its worth, that is how i would like to see a referee deal with those situations, pity we can't get the same deal.

Have to say that I thought the behaviour of the Rangers players in particular was just plain stupid. 2-0 up and needing to score more goals why get involved like that at all, unless you know you won't get sent off of course:confused:

alwaysthereinspirit
The fix is in.

Penalty in my eyes.

A fix in Scotland. No way. We're above that or at least that's what Gordon Smith told us. Why would the man lie?

Its been a long time baby
St Mirren have played about a dozen games since they needed the points to stay up :)

The main point i was making is that they are in two different leagues and now are playing each other. I know they were safe but it is a league and other teams suffer from other teams results, like maybe tonight

Rick Grimes
That's correct John, yet most posters on here want Rangers FC to lose the title to Celtic :confused:

including some who appear to actively support Rangers rather than just prefer them to Celtic....

PresidentRomanov
including some who appear to actively support Rangers rather than just prefer them to Celtic....

I have never actively supported any other team except Heart of Midlothian :)

Dirk Diggler
I have never actively supported any other team except Heart of Midlothian :)

Bigot.

;)

From the comfort of my living room, I hope Rangers score eight tonight.

Mon the sheep then :P

Ibrahim Tall

How the **** have they just got a free kick for Broadfoot tripping over his own feet and then fouling Miranda?

Kirk Broadfoot must have some Brazilian blood in him.

Why the feck is he having a go at the Saints player when he tripped himself up.

PresidentRomanov
Bigot.

;)

From the comfort of my living room, I hope Rangers score eight tonight.

Same here ;)

Dirk Diggler

The dirty, cheating, lay down smelly, Paisley ba&tard should be off the park for that outrageous assault on Broadfoot.

IMO.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Agree.

Was it not last season (06/07) when Goncalves was given a straight red at Tynie for what appeared to be running towards something?

There was a bit of handbags in fornt of the dugout, Jose sprinted towards it and.....well that was all really. He then gets sent off. Was quite bizarre, and never really got cleared up.

The Old Tolbooth

To be honest, I don't blame Celtic for doing that, they had nothing left to play for, and if we were good enough then we wouldn't be relying on other teams to help us out.

I honestly believe that a manager should be able to field whatever team he likes if the match is meaningless for his own side, sod everyone else mate, if I was a manager, I would blood the youngsters.

Ivan Drago

i was starting to want Rangers to lose the league but then i was peaking to my celtic supporting friend earlier who started saying Dunfermline laid down to Rangers a few seasons ago and now i firmly want Celtic to bottle it spectacularly.

'mon the arabs

chester copperpot
I hate St Mirren, ever since Fitzpatrick and McGarvey ponced about the pitch in 86.

Ditto.

Wont call them Rangers FC, but hope they get another few. Would like the SPL to go to the wire on Thursday.

To be honest, I don't blame Celtic for doing that, they had nothing left to play for

Can't agree with you on that one John. The season lasts for 38 games. Clubs are under an obligation to play their strongest side in all of them irrespective of whether the game is at the start or end of the season. Having said that, I admit that managers should have the flexibility to blood youngsters and new players, but not to a stupid extent.

Ibrahim Tall

Why when it's clear high balls in to the box aren't working, is Thomson doing it everytime the ball comes near him. :confused:

Other than the last free kick its been won by a St Mirren player every single time.

chester copperpot

**** the Tims, hoops, Cellick, whatever you call them. Had a run in with a Cellick (and he is an IRA, Provo w@nk) colleague at work today, and accused Hearts of lieing down the Rangers when we got beat 4-0.

Come on the Gers.

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal :)

Well done Mr T.

Dirk Diggler
**** the Tims, hoops, Cellick, whatever you call them. Had a run in with a Cellick (and he is an IRA, Provo w@nk) colleague at work today, and accused Hearts of lieing down the Rangers when we got beat 4-0.

Come on the Gers.

:)

That's a boy.

Did you get my response to your post on Sat night about meeting for a beer next season?

I missed it on Sat night but responded on Sun morn.

Don't want you to think i'm an ignorant swine before you even get the chance to share a beer with me.

:laugh:

Archived