Orange Parade in Gorgie tomorrow

Nucky Thompson

I'm getting plenty of used out this picture this week

esajuryq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you have to remember mate is that these people also pay the same kinds of taxes as everybody else.

By the nick of the most of them, they'd be better paying their dental bills.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

By the nick of the most of them, they'd be better paying their dental bills.

No way. If they had human teeth, their Lego budget would vanish, and their sphincters and nostrils would be nearly as vacant as their faces.

Nucky Thompson

There's a difference between a licensed premises and a street. Perhaps arseholes wouldn't appreciate that technicality.

The authorities have closed off the street. It would work the same way if someone darted across Princes street between a float when the festival parade is taking place

I am confused. With all the anti-Orange Order comments on here I thought I was on hubs.net. :)

For the record, I know a lot of OO members, even among my own family, but I have never ridden that particular goat. (Or to borrow the title of Derek Dougan's autobiography, that is "The Sash I Never Wore".

Please don't link Heart of Midlothian Football Club with the Orange Order. It's not a good fit.

punkrockcroc

Please don't link Heart of Midlothian Football Club with the Orange Order. It's not a good fit.

The football club has no links to the Orange Order, there are many organisations who all fly under the banner Heart of Midlothian from a pigeon club to a swimming club and loads more.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Me? No Pete, I am not doing that. I was merely saying that hubs.net is a place we all know will have remarks of that kind.

It was a joke. I guess some people did not get my sense of humour.

Looks like I'm Waist Deep In The Big Muddy.

Probably best I rethink the plans to take my show to next year's Fringe... ;)

The authorities have closed off the street. It would work the same way if someone darted across Princes street between a float when the festival parade is taking place

The street was not closed off when I tried to cross.

A wee heads up to people travelling into Gorgie early for the football tomorrow. There might be a wee bit of a disruption with road closures etc. An Orange parade leaves Dalry at 11.30am heading along Gorgie and down Westfield road, it then goes along to Saughton Park where it finishes.

:glorious:

Will be there with my "YES" t-shirt on,

Star_of_Edina

Larkhall

I stay in Larkhall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duckandcover

Not having a go but why would they be muppets?

A few extremely narrow minded posts on this thread.

upgotheheads

It's the Heart of Midlothian Flute Band 75th anniversary march. Muppets.

Details here:

http://www.edinburgh..._30_august_2014

Thank goodness it isn't the Heart of Midlothian Supporters Flute Band, or the Heart of Midlothian FC flute Band. It could give some people the idea that our club is somehow associated with religious bigots and other assorted morons.

Thank goodness it isn't the Heart of Midlothian Supporters Flute Band, or the Heart of Midlothian FC flute Band. It could give some people the idea that our club is somehow associated with religious bigots and other assorted morons.

:spoton:

Erses

No it's not

Apologies, I just re-read the document I linked to.

Would I be correct in saying that it's the L.O.L 94 celebrating their 75th anniversary, and the band in attendance is the Heart of Midlothian flute band?

Not a fan of what it all stands for, but the tunes fair get the feet tapping.

Hate to agree but I do. The last time I came across one on Lothian Road I phoned my Irish mate so he could have a listen. Terrible language came out my phone in reply.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hate to agree but I do. The last time I came across one on Lothian Road I phoned my Irish mate so he could have a listen. Terrible language came out my phone in reply.

To be fair, it's your own stupid fault for befriending Irish people. :(

To be fair, it's your own stupid fault for befriending Irish people. :(

It's even worse. I think he might be a catholic.

Think that guy front middle 5 mins into this video was posted on that Drum thread last week. I think he might be the one that stole Annan's flag.

A bunch of knuckle dragging inbreds. Who gives permission for these obscene marches which promote discrimination and inequality?

Not having a go but why would they be muppets?

A few extremely narrow minded posts on this thread.

A: He was referring to kickback members as muppets, not the Oranges.

B: The Oranges would be muppets because they are racist bigots.

A: He was referring to kickback members as muppets, not the Oranges.

B: The Oranges would be muppets because they are racist bigots.

A. Nope, I was referring to oranges as muppets.

B. Correct, see A.

A. Nope, I was referring to oranges as muppets.

B. Correct, see A.

Ah, apologies.

Glad we agree!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can those calling for this parade to be banned provide a list of parades that should not be banned?

Creepy Lurker

One of my favourite threads on here ever!

The one where some nugget was stalking 'Snakey Phhhhresssleyyy' his wife and bairns through the Gyle shopping centre. Absolute gold.

up there with 'smacking her to the floor like the pathetic bitch she was'

Kickback was great in those days :lol:

U wot m8?

Can those calling for this parade to be banned provide a list of parades that should not be banned?

The scud book.

You'd get my vote to be on the KB parades commission Geoff.

I doubt the Botswana state acrobats would try and batter you for doing so.

Tazio said:

- and the problem with Catholics is:??................ ???

????? ?

Tazio said:

- and the problem with Catholics is:??................ ???

????? ?

That they just don't get irony.

Indeed Geoff. Remarkable that those on the thread that are stating the OO as being intolerant, are somewhat showing their own intolerance. Irony defined!

I was in Dublin last weekend with a group of mates and there happened to be a Gay Pride march on. We had a bit of a laugh with the marchers and held some banners, before moving onto the Temple Bar for some more pints of Guinness. I wonder if the same people on here wanting the OO banned would have wanted the same for this event had it been in Edinburgh?

Luckily we live in a country where freedom of speech is a basic right. If you don't like it, move to Iran.

Apparently I won't be free to walk along Gorgie Road for a period on Saturday without having to deal with bigots in fancy dress.

Deal with them? You could always do what I do and just ignore them and carry on with your business.

Deal with them? You could always do what I do and just ignore them and carry on with your business.

Best post so far on this thread.

Gala Days are shite. I reckon paraders should have to justify the need for a parade. Why not Hibs fans vs Petrie through Gorgie Road?

All parades should be banned unless there is a demonstrable reason why they should take place. They cause mayhem for ordinary citizens. Parades which should not be banned? Well, if the the homosexuals in Whitburn decide to parade....fair enough. If the transgender people of Whitburn see the need for a parade....fair enough. If the Jedi's of Whitburn want a parade, I'm calling an end to the parading arseholes. Like the Orange Order.

Gala Days are shite. I reckon paraders should have to justify the need for a parade. Why not Hibs fans vs Petrie through Gorgie Road?

All parades should be banned unless there is a demonstrable reason why they should take place. They cause mayhem for ordinary citizens. Parades which should not be banned? Well, if the the homosexuals in Whitburn decide to parade....fair enough. If the transgender people of Whitburn see the need for a parade....fair enough. If the Jedi's of Whitburn want a parade, I'm calling an end to the parading arseholes. Like the Orange Order.

LOL, you don't like Whitburn do you?

Indeed Geoff. Remarkable that those on the thread that are stating the OO as being intolerant, are somewhat showing their own intolerance. Irony defined!

I was in Dublin last weekend with a group of mates and there happened to be a Gay Pride march on. We had a bit of a laugh with the marchers and held some banners, before moving onto the Temple Bar for some more pints of Guinness. I wonder if the same people on here wanting the OO banned would have wanted the same for this event had it been in Edinburgh?

Luckily we live in a country where freedom of speech is a basic right. If you don't like it, move to Iran.

Yeah, that's the same thing.

Yeah, that's the same thing.

And in that one sentence you have defined your ignorance. My whole point is that you can't be tolerant of one thing and not the other, regardless of the spectrum. Either you're a tolerant person or not. You cannot be selective!

I'm not a fan of parades in general, not really sure what they achieve. However I will defend to the hilt people's right to march for whatever it is they believe in. That is tolerance.

ToadKiller Dog

What is true is that the wearing of a uniform in a public place or public meeting signifying support for any political group or cause is commiting an offence .

So it could be argued that this march certainly shouldn't be allowed .

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2014/08/orange-blackout/

Not wanting to go far from the subject but watched that parade as long as I could, I definitely withdrew when I saw the Drum Major for one band wearing what was as close as possible, in fact was a Scots Guards ceremonial scarlet tunic. I would have thought it was illegal to wear an actual Regimental uniform including bearskin bonnet without consent, which I am sure would not be given.

I was also impressed that the ladies complete with their sashes were dutifully carrying their bags of messages.

I love it when people trot out the 'intolerance' line to describe those who are openly against sectarian and racist scumbags. Always makes me smile.

Whoever said that they've never met a normal, intelligent person who is into this embarrassing shite was spot on. It's a chance for the dregs of society to vent their bitterness and hatred in public places and nothing more.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I love it when people trot out the 'intolerance' line to describe those who are openly against sectarian and racist scumbags. Always makes me smile.

Whoever said that they've never met a normal, intelligent person who is into this embarrassing shite was spot on. It's a chance for the dregs of society to vent their bitterness and hatred in public places and nothing more.

That may be true. They have rights too though.

I just don't want them clogging up my roads.

The only parade on Gorgie Rd should be a cup winning parade, although if Gorgie Farm wanted to show off a prize cow or some shite, i'd be willing to give them a 10 min road closure.

Things always get interesting when someone drops the 'perhaps it is you who is truly the bigot' line.

Personally I say give them enough rope to hang themselves. Every time they host one of these parades they hammer another nail into the coffin of their irrelevance.

Seymour M Hersh

Well as Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote;

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've had time to self analyse, and I actually now feel a wee bit ashamed of myself. I am a bigot, and my intolerance for blue polyester is holding me back from being a decent well rounded person.

Archived