What a bunch of moaning minnies..what will some be like when we lose a league match

CJGJ

I bet hibs and the Rangers would rather we had played our first team and still be in the cup.

I don't like to lecture on here as it can make me appear a trifle arrogant but will you all please get this right. The Petrified Cup is no place for Heart of Midlothian. AB was raging when we were still in it after the 1st round and she said to Robbie "get us oot 'o here"

It's that simple. If these youngsters had won they would never have kicked another ball for us.

The Petrified Cup is the new Intertoto.

We have now been in it for the first and last time.

Bazzas right boot

Kind of agree with the OP, however I was expecting to watch Hearts first team and made the effort to watch the first team, not the U21 team.

There is a few negatives,

Any fans returning after a long absence ( My Dad was at his first game in over 10 years) won't be going back in a hurry.

We are not good enough to make that many changes against a team in the same division and expect to win the game.

Getting hammered in front of over 3k Hearst fans and the general rumblings from the crowd won't give any young player confidence.

Nothing would have been learnt that could not have been learnt on the training ground.

We got beat 4-1 of Livingston in a competitive cup game. What's that all about?

We are out of a win-able cup

To make so many changes against a team in the same league could be viewed as disrespectful.

We have given another team in the league confidence

In a time where we are relying on dd's and ticket sales, some fans might have felt duped into going to the game as it was, in effect a u21 side.

Positive's,

Sow and Walker served one game of their suspension

Smith, Oliver and Keating got game time

We can comfort ourselves that they never actually beat our strongest team

If we beat Raith, then it will have all made sense.

Bazzas right boot

Incredible reaction from some.

IMO we should do exactly the same in the League Cup.

Are we Hearts or Barcelona?

We have no chance of winning the Premier prize in Scotland.

We should aim to win everything else, and are in no position to disregard any cup wins, I waited over 30 years to watch Hearts win a cup and would have loved a league cup win at any time to end that earlier than we did.

The Challenge cup is not 1st priority, but I feel we should have made a bit more of an effort.

I can see both sides of this, but would have liked to seen a slightly stronger Hearts team. We missed mchattie i'd like to have seen wilson or ozturk, one of holt,gomez or prince , and either billy or sam. I suppose we have to lose sometime, so rather it be in this cup. Hopefully we will have a stronger team out for Stenhousemuir in LC and and keep things going against Raith with the usual team.

I agree with your sentiment, but if we'd played Gomis for instance, and he ended up picking up an injury that would keep him out for 2-3 months, would that have been worth making progress in the Petrofac cup?

Lavrentiy Beria

The league is what its all about , The Scottish cup as always has a romantic attraction . Outwith that couldn't give a shit

We've not got the squad to go for long runs in these sort of tournaments.

Yes I'd have loved us to go on and win it but look at the bigger picture.

We're in the 2nd tier and want to go up at the 1st attempt.

A cup like the Petrofac would hinder our chances.

Our youngsters got a run out and that can only hold us in good stead.

We have no chance of winning the Premier prize in Scotland.

I've cherry picked your post.

The premier prize we have available to us this season is to win the league. That is more important than the three cups we will participate in.

See this chat of folk and their hard earned money, a ticket was ?12. I've spent more than that on a Saturday afternoon in the boozer.

It'd be different if it was expensive. I spent about ?20 on that game, travel included.

Francis Albert

I actually have no interest in winning the "premier trophy" available to us this season (if that means the second tier league title) except to the extent it means a guarantee of getting out of the second tier.

I actually have no interest in winning the "premier trophy" available to us this season (if that means the second tier league title) except to the extent it means a guarantee of getting out of the second tier.

So you're not bothered about winning the division we're currently in?

That's an extremely bizarre attitude to have.

Mind getting beat 5-0 off of celtic just before the Scottish cup final v hibs?

I didn't give a **** about that result. We had bigger fish to fry. Same rules apply to the petrofac training cup.

Robbie was justified today. Walker and Sow have served their suspensions and we are top of the league.

Good management.

Sometimes (not too often) but sometimes , reading posts like many tonight does make you want to scream in frustration at the thought process some must be using prior to posting.

The complaints about a weakened team when it was well known in advance that there would be substantial changes to the side....you only had to read the press and listen to the club representatives to know this.

You pay to watch the team representing the club not individual players so stop going on about paying for a very cheap ticket.. you got your loyalty points.

The lack of thought about the experience this will give those making their debut or very near to that....a defeat can help them develop just as many of their slightly more senior colleagues sufferred last season.

They can curl up and cry or train harder both physically and in skill terms to make sure it does not happen again.

Players lacking game time now have that at a competitive level.

We got to see one of the teams in our division and what they had to offer....are we intimidated by them ?

Not only good things can come out of this type of match.....some players even at this stage will know they have to pull their socks up and the management should even now be looking at the future for them with our club.

I would love a cup run or two but promotion is the aim........that is the be all and end all this season and if playing weakened sides for good reasons in the cup helps in that aim then I'm all for it.

I Agree. That could be our most important result

Guest oldcastlerock2012

The league is what its all about , The Scottish cup as always has a romantic attraction . Outwith that couldn't give a shit

Agreed although think the SC is more than a romantic tournament. It's a great end to the season if you're still in it at the semis stage.

I also like the league cup and get annoyed when we don't take it seriously.

Petrofac is the new intertattie as someone said - more trouble than it could ever be worth. Well played Robbie.

Archived