What a bunch of moaning minnies..what will some be like when we lose a league match

CJGJ

Sometimes (not too often) but sometimes , reading posts like many tonight does make you want to scream in frustration at the thought process some must be using prior to posting.

The complaints about a weakened team when it was well known in advance that there would be substantial changes to the side....you only had to read the press and listen to the club representatives to know this.

You pay to watch the team representing the club not individual players so stop going on about paying for a very cheap ticket.. you got your loyalty points.

The lack of thought about the experience this will give those making their debut or very near to that....a defeat can help them develop just as many of their slightly more senior colleagues sufferred last season.

They can curl up and cry or train harder both physically and in skill terms to make sure it does not happen again.

Players lacking game time now have that at a competitive level.

We got to see one of the teams in our division and what they had to offer....are we intimidated by them ?

Not only good things can come out of this type of match.....some players even at this stage will know they have to pull their socks up and the management should even now be looking at the future for them with our club.

I would love a cup run or two but promotion is the aim........that is the be all and end all this season and if playing weakened sides for good reasons in the cup helps in that aim then I'm all for it.

kingantti1874

Incredible reaction from some.

IMO we should do exactly the same in the League Cup.

Na - a run in the league cup could be worth 400/500k to the club

Unknown user

Aye I agree, although it?s easy to agree from a living room in Holland, i understand it might feel different if you?ve shelled out your hard earned money to support the club.

I think I read somewhere that the prize money for winning the famous Petrofac Training Cup is about 15 grand, it?s really not worth risking players for IMO

Jambof3tornado

Aye I agree, although it?s easy to agree from a living room in Holland, i understand it might feel different if you?ve shelled out your hard earned money to support the club.

I think I read somewhere that the prize money for winning the famous Petrofac Training Cup is about 15 grand, it?s really not worth risking players for IMO

Prize money isnt everything, there is the prestige of it all.

Oh and ticket sales from future rounds/finals etc.

Unknown user

Of course, but that has to be balanced against the danger of injuries to a squad that isn't the strongest in the world as we saw last night.

Compared to that, I personally don't think the Prestige associated with winning the Petrofac Training Cup is actually THAT valuable.

I'm sure the club will be happy to avoid the prospect of an extra half dozen games which could mess up our chances of promotion.

The "prestige" of winning the Petrofac Training Cup?

Nah, I'll go for the league, myself.

Another thread having a pop at fans with the temerity to be annoyed at a capitulation? Magic. Thankfully there's not at least two more on the go! What joy do you get out of coming on here and telling fans who actually supported the team that their thought process is flawed because they didn't like losing the way we did?

Looking back on last night, only the last 15mins annoyed me. Their second goal was a breakaway and was simply due to lack of pace or tiredness on the part of Liam Henderson (I think). If it had been 1-1 after 75mins I don't think Livingston could have complained as their second came when it looked more likely Hearts would equalise, but I think capitulation is the correct word for the last 15.

I (and I'll bet this entered the thought process of most, if not all who were there) went along fully expecting a weakened team and entirely comfortable with the fact we might go out. I don't expect an apology from Robbie or believe he should apologise. However, I don't expect to have my intelligence questioned by people who use the word OF instead of HAVE (not on this thread but one of the others) just because I went to a match and didn't like what I saw.

Scott_HMFC1874

Folk are obviously going to be annoyed at any Hearts defeat. But a bit of perspective is required

We already have a small squad, add in injuries and suspensions, it's going to be a tough season as it is. If we'd played Gomis, Nicholson, McHattie etc last night, won but one of them got a serious injury like Paterson, folk would still be questioning Neilsons decision. It's not worth potentially sacrificing league points, which we all know is our main aim, for a wee run in the challenge cup.

What it does show is that some of these young lads aren't ready to step up yet, but like last year, as has been said, a defeat will show them a lot more, in terms of improving themselves, than a win would have.

So people paid their money and went along to an away match to watch a Hearts 11 who by all accounts were not good at all. They are a bit hacked off & they shouldnt be is that right?

So its OK to cough up the cash & the time then accept a poor performance is it? NEVER! I wasnt at the game but I hope every player on the park got pelters! We are Hearts and should NEVER accept watching a half hearted performance. Getting beat is only ever OK if our team gave 100%.

Jambof3tornado

So people paid their money and went along to an away match to watch a Hearts 11 who by all accounts were not good at all. They are a bit hacked off & they shouldnt be is that right?

So its OK to cough up the cash & the time then accept a poor performance is it? NEVER! I wasnt at the game but I hope every player on the park got pelters! We are Hearts and should NEVER accept watching a half hearted performance. Getting beat is only ever OK if our team gave 100%.

It wasnt a half hearted performance, the boys simply weren't ready and players like Keatings and Robinson were left to look a bit shite in amongst young lads.

Pants Shaton

Incredible reaction from some.

IMO we should do exactly the same in the League Cup.

If Craig and Robbie think it will increase our chances of winning the league, they must do the same. That's all that matters.

Still fancy us to win another Scottish Cup though.

Tynie-Tempah

Was there and I don't think it was down to the players not giving 100%. They all tried, some were just clearly 'out there depth' and then as a team we were too, I think them all being in at the same time didn't help that either.

However, I can only assume Robbie was told not to care about this cup otherwise it would not have been that squad - im confident of that.

The money we get from each round if progress is probably less than it costs just to take the team through on a coach etc!! lol. The prize money at end is brutal and the risk of players picking up injuries etc is probably just not worth it. We have bigger things to focus on this season with league and other cup runs. we DO NOT have a squad deep enough and with enough quality to compete on all fronts.

A couple of wins and everyone thinks were the HMFC of old again. calm down. We are still in the VERY early stages of re-building. Still have a lot of young lads and still have a long way to go!! Some shouts last night and posts on here have been nothing short of pathetic. If anyone is to apologise its those people!!

Sometimes (not too often) but sometimes , reading posts like many tonight does make you want to scream in frustration at the thought process some must be using prior to posting.

The complaints about a weakened team when it was well known in advance that there would be substantial changes to the side....you only had to read the press and listen to the club representatives to know this.

You pay to watch the team representing the club not individual players so stop going on about paying for a very cheap ticket.. you got your loyalty points.

The lack of thought about the experience this will give those making their debut or very near to that....a defeat can help them develop just as many of their slightly more senior colleagues sufferred last season.

They can curl up and cry or train harder both physically and in skill terms to make sure it does not happen again.

Players lacking game time now have that at a competitive level.

We got to see one of the teams in our division and what they had to offer....are we intimidated by them ?

Not only good things can come out of this type of match.....some players even at this stage will know they have to pull their socks up and the management should even now be looking at the future for them with our club.

I would love a cup run or two but promotion is the aim........that is the be all and end all this season and if playing weakened sides for good reasons in the cup helps in that aim then I'm all for it.

I 100% agree! Playing full side teams in this cup is asking for injuries etc! Most of the team was very young and fresh, especially the defence! Some bright passages from last night but overall a good lesson from the young lads. A full side would've reversed that scoreline. I've every confidence we will perform against Raith!

I'm not going to be buying tickets for cup games after that. I'll go to league games on my season. If others also do that it is going to harm our financial recovery. I pay to watch my club represented by the best we have doing the best they can. Anything less is unacceptable. This has done damage.

gorgie rd eh11

I'm not going to be buying tickets for cup games after that. I'll go to league games on my season. If others also do that it is going to harm our financial recovery. I pay to watch my club represented by the best we have doing the best they can. Anything less is unacceptable. This has done damage.

Pathetic.

It could have been worse, we might have won and had to play in another round of this cup.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I expected us to go all season undefeated, to say I'm inconsolable is an understatement. Ull no be back !

Private Womble

:cornette: x10000

You do seem damaged.

whitedevries

I don't think we can expect to make money on a game that costs ?12 for adults admission. I fail to see how this competition can possibly be seen as a money earner! This was the correct selection given the small squad we have and the mounting injury crisis, never mind the suspension issues. The game was 20 mins from Edinburgh and was cheap to get in. I was not expecting much more, though was a tad disappointed at the collapse at the end. I presume the happy clappers from last season now want victory every week. What was worrying is the lack of pace (Keatings excepted) which was on display last night. No matter what age group - this was very sad to see.

They probably did give 100%. So that makes it acceptable.

The Old Tolbooth

The prestige of the Petrofac Cup?

Not going back to another cup game?

Oh ma feckin diddy cup sides!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

My drama queen alert sensors are on overdrive today :rofl:

To play the under 20s in that cup was 100% the correct thing to do. Shan wee cup. Good experience for the younger lads.

The point is not knowing what you are getting for your money. If they'd been up front - no problem. Then we can make choices.

I can see both sides of this, but would have liked to seen a slightly stronger Hearts team. We missed mchattie i'd like to have seen wilson or ozturk, one of holt,gomez or prince , and either billy or sam. I suppose we have to lose sometime, so rather it be in this cup. Hopefully we will have a stronger team out for Stenhousemuir in LC and and keep things going against Raith with the usual team.

Jambof3tornado

I can see both sides of this, but would have liked to seen a slightly stronger Hearts team. We missed mchattie i'd like to have seen wilson or ozturk, one of holt,gomez or prince , and either billy or sam. I suppose we have to lose sometime, so rather it be in this cup. Hopefully we will have a stronger team out for Stenhousemuir in LC and and keep things going against Raith with the usual team.

Very level headed.

Hagar the Horrible

WE seriously cant afford more bookings and any injuries, this is a long season ahead, we have 34 more league game that are Priority 1, cup runs etc are good for generating money but it would cost a lot more, I could see the point if we were happy to be at the level we are at, but we don't have a massive squad as so long as these youths learn from the experience? however having said that I am surprised we don't get the book thrown at us for fielding our under 12s

Agree with the majority here. We have a real good opportunity to win this division and the last thing we need is two games a week more often than not. We don't have the squad for it.

League is more important, but I wish we had given the cup more of ago.

This whole finance v prestige debate is an odd one. If big people don't take the competitions seriously then both prestige and money goes.

When we lose a league game? A volcano of slavers, snotters and 57 varieties of shite.

I'm glad we're out. I wanted us to get beaten. In the immediate aftermath of the Hibs match and press headlines it was exactly the right thing to do protect the first team squad from further strife.

If you want to be guaranteed to see twelve quid's worth of first team fitba.... go and watch Hibs.

rossthejambo

Tell me someone hasn't used the word prestige to describe the Petrofac Training Cup :lol:

To the people who went it will be raw and in today`s society its norm to sit at a pc and rant so maybe we should cut them some slack...just a bit though....for a start NO DAMAGE long/short term has been done, it was the 4th thing in order this season and letting young guys play is no bad thing despite the score.

RN & CL will have seen and learned things and its obvious where they placed this....shame for those who travelled I admit but hey.....if we lose at RR with a full team then ok rant....we will lose games this season so we have to be pre paired.

In days never mind weeks will this game be etched on everyone`s mind, I don`t think so.

Jambof3tornado

Tell me someone hasn't used the word prestige to describe the Petrofac Training Cup :lol:

I may have used the prestige word as a dangly worm.

No excuses for any tired looking players in Kirkcaldy though or my spleen shall be vented!

Any update on Oliver?

Personally I'll give Hearts a pass on this one but I hope from now on it's our strongest side available in league or cup matches.

Seems this could be a big arguing point throughout the season though if we remain well in the title hunt.

Dallas Green

Some people have fragile little souls.

Get over it. We played basically an entire changed team. We can't afford suspensions or injuries for the league. I prefer we look to the league and not the cups this year.

It's the fecking diddy of diddy cups. I would still have loved to win it but a bit of perspective people please.

I expected us to go all season undefeated, to say I'm inconsolable is an understatement. Ull no be back !

I've no been back since Aberdeen beat us in the final of the Tennents Sixes in 1987. Still raging that Andy Watson played for three and a half minutes while Gary Mackay had a rest. Never forgiven Doddie for that, totally unacceptable. Think of the prestige.

I think the OP is missing the point here.

People are not upset at getting beat its paying good money to watch a reserve/youth team that has angered folk.

I can see why Robbie would put out a rookie side though. We really can not afford any more injuries and suspensions.

I think people should bear this in mind when purchasing tickets for Stenhousemuir. Any more bookings and injuries on Saturday and Robbie may be forced to do similar for the LC tie. It could be another bad night if that happens because Stenny will be well up for this tie.

Nothing should be allowed to interfere with our promotion target though so we will just have to grin and bear it.

Shanks said no

I agree with luckdug

I get Robbies logic and with hindsight now question why we didn't see it coming. Probably because we played a strong team against Annan we thought this would be the norm. But that game was a glorified warm up game for the season ahead. I would probably have still gone last night but would not have taken my nephews who were desperate to see Hearts and left disappointed having seen a kids team.

As for the LC game, yes again I have tickets but will certainly not be buying more for other family members. The league is clearly our only priority and we have no strength in depth and cannot afford injuries or suspensions to our first team squad.

18Jambo_dave74

Seems to be a bunch of drama queens on both sides of the argument to be honest.

I have very little time for this competition and wasn't overly bothered by the result last night. Happy enough to be out and therefore allow us to concentrate on the league campaign. Surprised at the people totally losing the place about it.

At the same time, I was far from pleased at what I watched last night and had expected a couple more first teamer's involved, even if on the bench. So can totally understand why folk that went feel a bit annoyed at paying to watch that. If I'd known that was going to be our squad for the game then I wouldn't have bothered going. My own fault really.

Not going to get too worked up about it despite the evening being a waste of time and money. I'm sure we are all agreed that the Raith game is more important.

When we lose a league game? A volcano of slavers, snotters and 57 varieties of shite.

I'm glad we're out. I wanted us to get beaten. In the immediate aftermath of the Hibs match and press headlines it was exactly the right thing to do protect the first team squad from further strife.

If you want to be guaranteed to see twelve quid's worth of first team fitba.... go and watch Hibs.

You wanted us to get beaten?

I want Hearts to win every game and competition they are entered into.. Hopefully we will never be back in this competition again but it would be nice to have won it the only time we entered..

Let me ask you. Are there any other games you want us to get beat in?

Ok, having woken up this morning to the bitter disappointment(!) of being knocked out of the Petrofac Training Cup I've had a wee think about my view on last night.

I spent ?45 on tickets, travel, food etc going through to Livi last night and I was fully aware that Robbie would be putting out a much-changed and youthful side. I was a little disappointed that he didn't supplement some of the younger and inexperienced players with a couple of senior pros, not just to increase our chances of winning but to aid some of the young lads development. At times I thought some of them looked hopelessly out of their depth and needed a bit more support (poor Liam Goron in particular), but perhaps that's just part of the learning curve.

However, Robbie is clearly picking the team on priorities and how he sees fit, I can understand that. I think we all would've been very disappointed if say Danny Wilson had played last night and suffered an injury. There is a long season ahead but I think a happy medium was maybe in order last night. Bring in 7 or 8 of the younger guys to the squad and have 6 or 7 more experienced players in there too.

I won't lose any sleep over it and I hope that Robbie is proved right with a victory at Stark's Park on Sat. Onwards and upwards. HHGH.

Seems to be a bunch of drama queens on both sides of the argument to be honest.

I have very little time for this competition and wasn't overly bothered by the result last night. Happy enough to be out and therefore allow us to concentrate on the league campaign. Surprised at the people totally losing the place about it.

At the same time, I was far from pleased at what I watched last night and had expected a couple more first teamer's involved, even if on the bench. So can totally understand why folk that went feel a bit annoyed at paying to watch that. If I'd known that was going to be our squad for the game then I wouldn't have bothered going. My own fault really.

Not going to get too worked up about it despite the evening being a waste of time and money. I'm sure we are all agreed that the Raith game is more important.

Pretty much exactly where I'm at!

FarmerTweedy

The point is not knowing what you are getting for your money. If they'd been up front - no problem. Then we can make choices.

There are tins of tuna in my kitchen cupboards that knew we'd be fielding a reserve team last night.

There are tins of tuna in my kitchen cupboards that knew we'd be fielding a reserve team last night.

You may refer to them as tins of tuna, i call it a genocide.

Last night our young boys picked up a great deal of experience which no doubt some of them will put to great use in their future careers. Playing in front of a very good away support for the 1st time ever would've had some nerves kicking in for sure and it showed on the night. It was also so very obvious that some/most/all of the newer boys are not ready for 1st team football against seasoned pro's like the Livi side we faced last night. You only need to cast your mind back to last season when during many many fixtures we were out muscled and out fought by tougher opponents. This did not mean we were not trying, it just highlighted the fact that McHattie, King, Carrick etc were not quite ready at the time and needed built up physically and mentally to be able to compete. It didn't do any of these boy's any harm in the long run, making them stronger and hungrier and wi?l definately contribute to allow them to become better footballers in the future.

Some of the posts kickback and verbal volleys at the game last night are way over the top and some Hearts fans obviously have very short memories. The simple facts from last night are that the boy's did try to win the match as did last season's team at the time but on the night they just weren't ready to take on physically and mentally stronger opponents.

I was there last night and wante? to see my team win, I left disappointed with the result but not with the players as their time will come. I will be there at Raith in the league when it really matters and will also make my way to Stenhousemuir hoping to win both games like all other Hearts fans. Robbie Neilson and Craig Levein will also be wanting to win both games but must prioritise accordingly so please lay off and get behind the team and management and all will end well come the end of the season. We have a great fan base but this will only be beneficial to the team If we give our team maximum support with a little understanding and patience on the long journey back to where we belong.

I can understand why people who went are a bit miffed. That's understandable, although there was a story in the paper yesterday essentially confirming the fact we'd play a team of bairns - a lot of folk had already bought tickets and made the decision to go by then.

To expect any sort of apology or label it a disgrace or whatever other words have been banded about is a bit silly though. The decision taken is ultimately whats best for the club moving forward.

Totally agree that last night may well have a knock on effect for ticket sales for LC fixtures given that there's now a big question mark over whether we really want to be in it or not.

I'd still rather see us only take a handful of supporters to a league cup match and have as strong a team as possible available for every single league match.

Both sides to this have merit - but as is the norm, the folk taking their reactions to the extremes (on both sides I might add) are the ones making the whole thing seem pretty ridiculous. Total storm in a tea cup.

There are only two things I've seen that I blatantly point blank disagree with, and those are 1) the suggestion that some folk actively WANTED us to LOSE a match and 2) the suggestion I noticed elsewhere that Robbie et al will be looking back on last night and laughing about the outcome.

Archived