Bye Bye Gretna

Munch

Was this any great surprise?

How can a team with 2,000 fans possibly survive outwith the bottom two divisions?

It was a ludicrous descision to even let them into the SPHell.

Poor bloody Falkirk were denied entry on so many occasions despite having a large fanbase and a perfectly good (3 sided) stadium.

Gretna were rushed through the system by people caught up in their romantic story. And now they're fecked.

Bye bye. Lesson learned.

Puts everything into perspective.

R.I.P.

;)

Thoughts to their friends and family

Argh. Not pleasant at all. Mistakes were made (rather a few by the sound of things) and it probably was a daft idea in the first place to let them into the SPL, but the demise of a club is sad news. Their wee group of supporters will be gutted and I feel for them.

Hopefully they'll come and make up the numbers at Tynie instead...the marketing dept could send their supporters group rep some freebies for our first game next season. Good opportunity to recruit some new Jambos and do something nice at the same time. :)

Argh. Not pleasant at all. Mistakes were made (rather a few by the sound of things) and it probably was a daft idea in the first place to let them into the SPL, but the demise of a club is sad news. Their wee group of supporters will be gutted and I feel for them.

Hopefully they'll come and make up the numbers at Tynie instead...the marketing dept could send their supporters group rep some freebies for our first game next season. Good opportunity to recruit some new Jambos and do something nice at the same time. :)

It would be a shame for them to see two teams they supported go bust. :sad:

Anyway would this not make them glory hunters? the ones so despised by some on here who would rather watch Hearts at Saughton?

John Findlay

Brookes Mileson is very culpable in all this. Despite his illness he should not be getting off as lightly as he is.

As a football supporter I dont like seeing any club going to the wall unless that club is Celtic or Rangers.

John

It would be a shame for them to see two teams they supported go bust. :sad:

Anyway would this not make them glory hunters? the ones so despised by some on here who would rather watch Hearts at Saughton?

I think the criteria for identification of glory hunters includes a loophole for those who have a bonafide reason to switch allegiances. And really, after that season we just had...they wouldn't be expecting much in the way of glory from us anyway...

Ivan Drago
Brookes Mileson is very culpable in all this. Despite his illness he should not be getting off as lightly as he is.

As a football supporter I dont like seeing any club going to the wall unless that club is Celtic or Rangers.

John

It's an absolute disgrace what's happened to their, however i dont really have any sympathy for a lot of the guys who went to Gretna purely for the money.

Lots of the guys who signed for them when they were in the lower divisions could have stayed at a higher level but chose to chase the money instead.

Archived