Eilidh child and kickback

sinbad

The poster named after the wee Argentinian dude in your avatar will moan at me (again) but it's always a greet at Back From The Brink.

Ha! Wrong thread, ol' Musemic.

Rudolf's Mate
How is she an Unofficial ambassador' for hearts. She just wears a maroon wristband ffs.

congratulations on her achievement last night but the 5-1 is embarrassing.

Someone in the crowd signalled 5-1 which she duly returned.

She wears a wristband in support of her team, nothing more. She's been hugely successful for her country and has been regarded as a poster girl.

With success comes attention and interest. She's not running up to the cameras doing 5-1, she's being asked about her interests and the relevance of the wristband etc amongst other things.

Personally I think she's done it with grace and come over really well. Would you rather she didn't wear the wristband and dodge any questions about her personal interests?

William H. Bonney

I just thought as an athlete representing Scotland she should have been more professional. I understand her unquestionable passion for hearts but perhaps not all of her supporters share her passion. My point being there is a time and place for doing the 5-1 and i don't believe that was it.

i await more personal abuse.

Rudolf's Mate

No abuse from me mate.

My guess is if you'd originally responded with the above comment then people might have been more understanding, possibly some in agreement.

whitleybayhearts

I just thought as an athlete representing Scotland she should have been more professional. I understand her unquestionable passion for hearts but perhaps not all of her supporters share her passion. My point being there is a time and place for doing the 5-1 and i don't believe that was it.

Maybe to you there is a time and a place ^^^ but for most of us it was a joy to behold :tiny:

Rudolf's Mate
A fair comment and observation Rudolf

Had she done it going over the line then I'd have been in agreement with you. I actually feared she might however I think she is actually too good a professional to do that.

Any action that pushes the 19th of May to prominence deserves to be applauded by all right minded Hearts fans.

maroonlegions

Any action that pushes the 19th of May to prominence deserves to be applauded by all right minded Hearts fans.

This, only true Hertz men understand the significance of Eilidh doing the 5-1, in fact the term "never let them forget" is the motto of true Hertz men, oh and its a YES from me.

maroonlegions

Of course all true Hertz men will remember this picture of Eilidh below from a while back.

1488140_920989784594259_7866599944668020269_n.jpg?oh=f540d496cb4331a20077b5d5c82fa2df&oe=5452E855&__gda__=1414214248_3132f39dd7f16d30c9e9fe092e7dec32

So a young laddie (who apparently was Ann Budge's first (youth) player signing at Hearts) asked her to do the 5.1, and for a moment she obliged. It wasn't even the main cameras that caught her but his dad's photo that went viral, and she's now unprofessional.

It's not as if she jumped over every hurdle doing the 5.1 which denied her the chance of beating the world number 1 hurdler.

And if gets Claire Balding in on the act, then that's good enough for me. :)

Archived