Paterson Injury

jambogjh

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Step forward Robbie Neilson .. Player/coach

Only joking by the way !!

He was gonna throw his name in to the hat, but, true to form, he threw it too far.

paterson's injury is a bit of karma for that crazy 'paterson weak link' thread from last week!

I was looking forward to seeing that habitually negative poster having to eat his words this season.

Sadly just have to wait a bit longer now.

Can I move my ST seat a few rows back.....

Jambo 4 Ever

Would this not be quite sensible? just until Paterson is back (if he is out for while)

Fort Vallance

They were bringing in another defender anyway.

Depending on how long Paterson is out for, I wonder if they might look at a loan deal for a natural RB with a bit experience as well.

Doesn't gel with what Neilson said. That they had enough back up not to have to bring anyone in.

Rudolf's Mate

Still holding out hope for CP as it's totally the norm for scans to be delayed due to swelling. A few years back they'd scan, make a statement and then scan again stating it wasn't as first feared.

I was looking forward to seeing that habitually negative poster having to eat his words this season.

Sadly just have to wait a bit longer now.

Is it me?

paterson's injury is a bit of karma for that crazy 'paterson weak link' thread from last week!

How ridiculous! Well seen it's the school holidays.

ArcticJambo

Yep. We also have a young lad waiting for a chance. What's to say he doesn't come in and make a Patersonesque impact himself.

Hey, can you PM me, your inbox is full. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hey, can you PM me, your inbox is full. :thumbsup:

No bother mate. Give me a minute or two to have a clear out. :)

Swelling doesn't indicate it's any worse or that it's a cruciate. I tore my medial ligament last year and it swelled up massively but that was only 8-10 weeks out.

loveofthegame

Not a huge problem. Slot McGhee in and make sure that Bauben/Gomis give him a bit of support on that side. If this is a dilemma then god knows what we'd be doing/saying if this was last season.

Last season we'd have accepted that we couldn't sign anybody and that a kid had to replace the injured CP.

This isn't last season, and if CP is out for the season, and if we have the budget available, then we should bring in a more experience player who is a natural full back.

Doesn't gel with what Neilson said. That they had enough back up not to have to bring anyone in.

Levein tweeted before the match that they were looking for one more defender. Patterson's injury only makes it more likely.

Callum Paterson has just retweeted a pic of a 4 leaf clover and says bring me luck today - scan must be today. Fingers and toes crossed!

Callum Paterson has just retweeted a pic of a 4 leaf clover and says bring me luck today - scan must be today. Fingers and toes crossed!

This!!! Hope for good news

All the best to the young lad today. It's not looking good though, the medical staff at Hearts are pretty sure it's his ACL which would effectively rule him out for the season. Hope they are wrong and got my fingers crossed for him.

Medical at Parkhead?

:arry:

Just joking...

What's his twitter name mate? Can't find him anywhere!

RustyRightPeg

Spoke to his cousin the other day. He said that Calum felt something in his knee pop out and looked at it then just popped it back into place. Hoping it's just a dislocation rather than the serious damage to ligaments etc.

kingantti1874

Spoke to his cousin the other day. He said that Calum felt something in his knee pop out and looked at it then just popped it back into place. Hoping it's just a dislocation rather than the serious damage to ligaments etc.

Sounds like it, generally ligament damage also occurs though ...

What's his twitter name mate? Can't find him anywhere!

something like Dr funk I think.

I wonder what boots he was wearing and if they might have contributed to his injury? A few players that have boots with blades rather than traditional studs have had similar typed of injuries.

I wonder what boots he was wearing and if they might have contributed to his injury? A few players that have boots with blades rather than traditional studs have had similar typed of injuries.

Looked to me like he got kicked in the knee so I don't think teh boots mattered

Seymour M Hersh

Looked to me like he got kicked in the knee so I don't think teh boots mattered

Don't think so. Didn't think there was anyone that close to him and he either came down badly from jumping or got his studs caught in the turf. Definitely don't recall being outraged by an horrific tackle by an Annan player.

Rudolf's Mate

Sounds like it, generally ligament damage also occurs though ...

Sadly this is bang on the money.

If he's saying something has popped out and went back in then my guess is that he felt what would be like a dislocation of the knee with it going back in. Reality is that it's the shin losing stability due to ACL damage and popped out just under the knee (feels like your knee when occurs) which can be popped back in. Mine occurred with a 50% tear to the ACL!

I'd never felt pain like it in my life and I thought I was going to pass out!

Hopefully it isn't that!

Sounds similar to myself when when I done my knee. It turned out to be a broken cartilage which popped up to the surface of my knee then went back in. My knee went up like a balloon and was extremely painful. Hope this isn't the case.

Very lucky to get him back before December by the sounds of it but hopefully its not as bad as it sounds.

hmfc_liam06

Knee cap possibly? Mate if mine dislocated his turning at 5s. Was out a while.

Mate of mine has done this as well - 3 times actually. Each time he has been injured for ages,

Could be patellar dislocation but we'd likely know if that had been the case as it would have been obvious to Paterson.

Hate to say it but it sounds most like ligamentary damage. Which ligament and if it's a strain or complete rupture are anyone's guess.

Just have to hope for the best.

Jambof3tornado

This is precisely the situation that warrants bringing in player on loan.

Without wishing Paterson anything but the best of luck with his injury a loanee could work out well especially if we find the right kind of player.

I wouldnt mind bringing in a loan player as a backup or rotation option. What I don't want is us to loan another teams player and progress the player for them when we could be progressing our own, i.e Mcghee.

I wouldnt mind bringing in a loan player as a backup or rotation option. What I don't want is us to loan another teams player and progress the player for them when we could be progressing our own, i.e Mcghee.

McGhee isn't a right back. He has never looked particularly confident or comfortable playing there.

I'd rather have someone there who knows the position if Calum is out for a long time.

McGhee isn't a right back. He has never looked particularly confident or comfortable playing there.

I'd rather have someone there who knows the position if Calum is out for a long time.

On the contrary I think McGhee looked good at RB last year when he came in and he did well second half against Annan.

Didn't agent Maybury find a club?

He's no agent, he can do one! Anyhow, he is now assistant player/manager at Falkirk if I am not mistaken.

On the contrary I think McGhee looked good at RB last year when he came in and he did well second half against Annan.

he looked alright against Annan but he had no defending to do and was up against very poor opposition.

Last season he got caught out of position a number of times at right back.

he looked alright against Annan but he had no defending to do and was up against very poor opposition.

Last season he got caught out of position a number of times at right back.

So did all our full backs, probably due to lack of coaching or defensive tactics more than individual ability.

Jambof3tornado

Take it there's still no word on Callum? :(

No news is good news. I'm assuming his leg has fallen off below the knee, anything less is a bonus.

No news is good news. I'm assuming his leg has fallen off below the knee, anything less is a bonus.

That's true! Hopefully it looks worse than it is!

indianajones

Im assuming Callum has had his scan, how long does he have to wait for the scan results?

Wondering that myself. Doctors probably having a lengthy look and discussion to see what the problem is.

Archived