Soufian El Hassanoui

jamboinglasgow

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I have wondered about Sow. We unveil Soufian and Keatings, both are injured then we get a striker on trial that we sign. Had Keatings and Soufian been fit, would we have got Sow?

A similar thing crossed my mind. I also wonder if Sow was a direct result of fantastic season ticket sales giving us more to play with.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Benoit

I think so. El Hassnaoui and Sow seem quite different, with El Hassnaoui spending a lot of time outside the box and Sow running in behind. I think Keatings will be used in games where we're struggling to break a team down.

Here's what Neilson had to say about the strikers:

?It?s important we have different options we can play in different games,? he told the Evening News. ?There will be certain games this season when we will need different things. Some teams will sit in against us, some teams will press against us, some will play with a high defensive line and others will use a deep line. I?m trying to get a variety of strikers who can do different things.

?Dale Carrick is quick, makes runs in behind and closes people down. Gary Oliver drops in and plays more in the No.?10 role. Soufian El Hassnaoui is more of an all-round guy who can do just about anything for us. He?s a clever player who can bring people into play. James Keatings is a penalty-box player. If teams are sitting in, he?s got clever movement to get himself on the ball. Sow has real blistering pace, so there?s lots of variety.?

Not one mention of being good in the air or bullying defenders. How refreshing.

A similar thing crossed my mind. I also wonder if Sow was a direct result of fantastic season ticket sales giving us more to play with.

I hadn't considered that, but now you mention it, it seems very plausible.

I hadn't considered that, but now you mention it, it seems very plausible.

It may also have been similar to what he said about the defence. ie we are ok for players in that area but if someone exceptional becomes available we'll try and get them in.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

El H could be the joker in the pack. If he takes a free role he could create masses of space, which Sow will exploit. Looks promising. I don't see Keatings getting anything but a super sub role when required

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I think so. El Hassnaoui and Sow seem quite different, with El Hassnaoui spending a lot of time outside the box and Sow running in behind. I think Keatings will be used in games where we're struggling to break a team down.

Here's what Neilson had to say about the strikers:

?It?s important we have different options we can play in different games,? he told the Evening News. ?There will be certain games this season when we will need different things. Some teams will sit in against us, some teams will press against us, some will play with a high defensive line and others will use a deep line. I?m trying to get a variety of strikers who can do different things.

?Dale Carrick is quick, makes runs in behind and closes people down. Gary Oliver drops in and plays more in the No.?10 role. Soufian El Hassnaoui is more of an all-round guy who can do just about anything for us. He?s a clever player who can bring people into play. James Keatings is a penalty-box player. If teams are sitting in, he?s got clever movement to get himself on the ball. Sow has real blistering pace, so there?s lots of variety.?

Robbie certainly saying things that make me think he'll have a different plan for each game we play. Refreshing to hear.

Really looking forward to this season.

Clerry Jambo

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/soufian-el-hassnaoui-to-begin-full-training-with-hearts-1-3498254

Soufian El Hassnaoui will begin full training with Hearts next week but will not play in any of the opening two league matches against Rangers and Hibs.

The Moroccan striker is back running and is scheduled to join Robbie Neilson?s squad for training a week tomorrow after a summer groin operation.

Hearts had hoped to have El Hassnaoui fit for the Edinburgh derby on Sunday, August 17, after signing him on a three-year contract in June. However, that game will come too early, as does this weekend?s opening Championship encounter at Ibrox. Neilson explained today that the 24-year-old remains three to four weeks away from playing and will not be rushed into an early debut.

Snake Plissken

Not one mention of being good in the air or bullying defenders. How refreshing.

It's a beautiful thing.

I'm not one for sacrificing results for the sake of playing style, but the days of lumping it to a big striker belong in the past. I was encouraged by the variety we showed in our goals the other day, particularly by the patience in the build-up to the second.

Sow will be lethal in the Championship if he stays fit.

Chris Benoit

It's a beautiful thing.

I'm not one for sacrificing results for the sake of playing style, but the days of lumping it to a big striker belong in the past. I was encouraged by the variety we showed in our goals the other day, particularly by the patience in the build-up to the second.

Sow will be lethal in the Championship if he stays fit.

:spoton:

Thing is lumping it up the park is bread and butter for most defenders at any level in Scotland so why play to their strengths? There will be occasions this season where teams will be hard to break down and we'll be better placed to create chances retaining possession and keeping them pressed back than blasting it up the park and hoping for a break of the ball.

Work with a guy who's a season ticket holder at Ibrox and he was saying that's all they did last season which will work against part timers as they get tired but this season against full time, fitter and better organised teams I think they'll struggle. He thinks the same.

El H could be the joker in the pack. If he takes a free role he could create masses of space, which Sow will exploit. Looks promising. I don't see Keatings getting anything but a super sub role when required

Please reserve judgement on Keats until he's had a chance to bed in with the others. I'm sure he will bang in a few before too long.

Great now that we have choices though isn't it !!!!!!!!!

jamboinglasgow

Craig Levein @CraigWLevein · 6h

Great to see Soufian training today. Looking forward to seeing him pulling on the Maroon jersey and running out onto the pitch at Tynie

Good to hear he is in full training, obviously needs some games under his belt. Wonder if it means he will be in the squad for the Under 20 game midweek v Dunfermline (as you are allowed 3 overage players)

• 3 weeks later...
jamboinglasgow

As he is the unknown quanity that fascinates me (especially as the management seem to rate him very highly,) had a look for some more videos of him, found some videos of goals he scored in Holland.

The first 2 goals are quality. Looking forward to seeing him.

The third also, lays it off in his own half then bursts a gut to get on end of cross.

The first 2 goals are quality. Looking forward to seeing him.

I thought the third was just as good as the fourth one! :)

Some very good goals and all different kinds of goal. Can't wait to see him in action hopefully get a wee runout this weekend.

Thought he might have come on on Tuesday for 20 minutes but with the way the early sub's went and that Stenny got pretty physical in 2nd half, guess Robbie deemed to hold off his debut. They say all good things come to those who wait!

I suspect we might see a wee cameo on Saturday then they'll have him in over the international break to sort out his fitness issues. A mini-preseason if you will...

I thought the third was just as good as the fourth one! :)

The manager will be raging that defense let 2 similar goals in! :jj:

The third also, lays it off in his own half then bursts a gut to get on end of cross.

Great run and finish. We have been short of players who were willing to lay the ball off then burst in to the box for the return.

Sorry, ive not been keeping up yo date these days...

was El Has on the bench against Stenny? And is he expected to be on the bench (or start) against Falkirk?

Hilary Briss

Cant wait to see this guy play.........the word from the camp is that he is expected to be the pick of the bunch........exciting times !!!

Sorry, ive not been keeping up yo date these days...

was El Has on the bench against Stenny? And is he expected to be on the bench (or start) against Falkirk?

Was on the bench v Stenny and not being consulted by Robbie on team selections can not answer your second point. I would hope so though

Jambof3tornado

I think he will be on the bench v Falkirk. Not sure he will look anywhere near sharp but his match fitness will improve fastest through game time.

Looking forward to seeing him. Looked ok in the stenny warm up.

Jambof3tornado

I think he will be on the bench v Falkirk. Not sure he will look anywhere near sharp but his match fitness will improve fastest through game time.

Looking forward to seeing him. Looked ok in the stenny warm up.

pettigrewsstylist

I dont think he will get game time till games are pretty much won ( ie late on at 2-0, or earlier at 3-0) The obvious exception is perhaps an injury to someone like Holt etc.

Purely to ween him in gently and not too intensley to begin with

I dont think he will get game time till games are pretty much won ( ie late on at 2-0, or earlier at 3-0) The obvious exception is perhaps an injury to someone like Holt etc.

Purely to ween him in gently and not too intensley to begin with

I agree. 15-20 mins on Saturday.

They are trying to arrange a bounce game over the international break to get him some minutes under his belt. I must say the boy looks awesome in training, his finishing is frightening :thumbsup:

best in the land

how long did he sign for? cant remember.

really looking forward to seeing what he can do.

hopefully not another pinilla or beslija type situation with injurys

how long did he sign for? cant remember.

really looking forward to seeing what he can do.

hopefully not another pinilla or beslija type situation with injurys

3 years

Francis Albert

Let's see him play before we go overboard. we were told Calum Elliot did amazing things in training.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Please reserve judgement on Keats until he's had a chance to bed in with the others. I'm sure he will bang in a few before too long.

Great now that we have choices though isn't it !!!!!!!!!

Good shout. Still think he may have to play second or even third fiddle. Squad looks good complete

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They are trying to arrange a bounce game over the international break to get him some minutes under his belt. I must say the boy looks awesome in training, his finishing is frightening :thumbsup:

And there was the mistake chucking the Livi game

Takeshi's Tynecastle

Let's see him play before we go overboard. we were told Calum Elliot did amazing things in training.

Kevin Thomas was always brilliant in pre-match warm ups, scoring overhead kicks and ripping shots into the top corner from 20 yards!

Archived