Kevin Kyle (merged threads)

arfurdaley

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
letsalllaughathobos

I think big kk would be a excellent coach i am surprised nobody has picked him up.

Plenty experience

Wonder why he left Ayr. He was doing well for them. Hopefully goes part time with Stranraer and gets his coaching badges.

See this is the sort of crap that makes me detest Scottish life. Small minded and petty.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ex footballer finds different employment SHOCK.

I wouldn't even wipe my arse with that rag.

letsalldothebeattie

Good on Kev getting a job and making a living away from Football. Don't see why it's a front page or even any kind of news story for a paper but nothing surprises me about the Daily Ranger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could understand it being newsworthy if he was a former Ballon D'or winner or had won the Champions League or World Cup.

But this is Kevin ******* Kyle. A man who's career highlights are a Championship title in England and ONE goal for his country.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Hope the bug guy pocketed a few quid for allowing them to run with the article.

Saying that, he says his best career moment was at Killie, so he can GTF.

Hope the bug guy pocketed a few quid for allowing them to run with the article.

Saying that, he says his best career moment was at Killie, so he can GTF.

Aye, he said that in 2010!

I read the record online before popping onto JKB. Needless to say my comments i put on the DR are similiar to posters on this thread.

Sad excuse for an article.....

What does that paper actually think happens when pro footballers give up playing? Must have been a very quiet day to have run with that. Bizarre article from a worthless rag.

tartofmidlothian

Does it say something like "Kyle, who just 18 months ago enjoyed the ADULATION of TENS OF THOUSANDS playing for title-winning RANGERS at IBROX"?

Or it highlights and publicises the need for footballers to look after their money and think about life after football. Hopefully young players take note and don't fritter their money down the bookies or pish it up a wall.

RustyRightPeg

Find it disgraceful that this even makes the tabloids. Admittedly, I don't feel sorry for him as he p**sed his wages away gambling and could've potentially been sorted for life otherwise but jesus, give the guy a break.

tartofmidlothian

Saw the story online, what a hatchet job on a guy who by all accounts is pretty down to earth and doesn't play the big time Charlie. Well done to him, I say. FFS they speak as if stacking boxes is something to be ashamed of.

Akthough fair enough, there's a cautionary tale in there about not gambling. Even playing up to that in the story would have been harsh though.

Maybe he should have bought a skanky boozer down Easter Road then.....

Always came across well when he got a punditry gig, I'd imagine once the season starts he could get back into it.

Sodexo have the offshore contract on loads of oil rigs so it may open doors for him out there. The stewards wages will piss all over Daily Record journo salaries so **** knows why they appear to be belittling his job.

Crikey - just read that and notice he's on one of the accommodation ships for the oily workers.

Could do a job for our Hearts fans v Hibs fans charity game :D

Jambo_Jarman

Wonder why he left Ayr. He was doing well for them. Hopefully goes part time with Stranraer and gets his coaching badges.

The Ayr fans I spoke to would very much disagree with that.

tartofmidlothian

Sodexo have the offshore contract on loads of oil rigs so it may open doors for him out there. The stewards wages will piss all over Daily Record journo salaries so **** knows why they appear to be belittling his job.

:spoton:

Although I hear these overnighters to Shetland are full of sleazy oilman harassing everyine, especially young women. Hopefully Kev sorts them out.

Also notice a "fellow pro" told him about the wages at Rangers. Wonder who that could have been? :whistling:

Could do a joab

So he is ::troll:::'>

Jamboscanbevicius

Strange piece. Kev talks as if it is unwanted attention, but I am betting the Record did not get those quotes or photos undercover. He has always played the media well and is farily friendly with a number of journos. Fair play to him for earning a crust, but this strikes me as an orchestrated piece to get him a gig coaching or somewhere back in the game...

How on earth it made a front page of a national paper is beyond me though. God help us if there's a Yes vote if this is the level of Scottish "news" and debate!

TheMaganator

Good on KK doing what he has to in order to support his family.

I cannot believe that the DR are running this piece.

ford donald

They should be publicising all the scroungers out there,plenty of them.KK is doing a honest days work,whats the problem.

Photo's look as though one of his co-workers have taken them on the sly.

IIRC did he not say or was quoted as saying he was retiring or 'giving up' playing because he was fed up of constantly being pulled up for fouls when he was in fact being fouled

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Reading the Daily Record is like going down to the local bingo club. Loads of gossip, **** all of any importance.

upgotheheads

I saw him a couple of times last season but his injuries had obviously caught up with him. He was still good at holding the ball but wasn't able to turn or get away from a defender. He was popular with the fans though, good luck to him.

KK seems like a really decent guy. The record is a vile newspaper, KK doesnt want pity or attention so they attempt to manufacture a carcass so they can try and pick at it.

Dear Lord, they've cobbled together an article based on, what, 2 recent quotes (small ones at that, and sounding like an f-off, I don't want to talk about it) from kev, a couple of old quotes from as far back as 2010, some pieces from fellow crew members who seem happy to spout pish about anything to get in the papers and what looks like a couple of dodgy camera phone pictures. And that's seen as front page news! **** me, I thought the standard of journalism was bad but that's horrific!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Dear Lord, they've cobbled together an article based on, what, 2 recent quotes (small ones at that, and sounding like an f-off, I don't want to talk about it) from kev, a couple of old quotes from as far back as 2010, some pieces from fellow crew members who seem happy to spout pish about anything to get in the papers and what looks like a couple of dodgy camera phone pictures. And that's seen as front page news! **** me, I thought the standard of journalism was bad but that's horrific!

Just for a moment picture the "journos" at the Daily Record trying to uncover the phone-hacking scandal or some such meaningful story.

Just for a moment picture the "journos" at the Daily Record trying to uncover the phone-hacking scandal or some such meaningful story.

Monkeys, sticks and rocks spring to mind.

The Scotsman have a story on it as well! Unbelievable!

Just proves how far their standards have fallen in the last few years.

Steven.Hodge

Always liked KK from the very first minute he put on a jersey. He is exactly the type of player we could do with now. I was in Inverness wtching that game on the telly with another couple of jambos and a hibby. I'll never forget the look on said hibby's face when that went, priceless.

Would love to see him at Hearts in some sort of capacity but I think that's a pipe dream.

Story in the paper today - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ex-premier-league-star-swaps-10k-a-week-3871719

Ex-Premier League star swaps ?10K-a-week career for stacking boxes and cleaning toilets on ships

Kevin Kyle, who used to play for Sunderland, now earns just ?800-a-fortnight

Kevin-Kylejpeg.jpg Ship's hand: Kevin Kyle

These grainy images reveal the amazing descent of former Premier League star Kevin Kyle from international football ace to ship's cleaner.

Reformed gambler Kyle has traded a lavish ?10,000-a-week career with Sunderland and Rangers for stacking boxes and cleaning toilets.

The 33-year-old now earns just ?800-a-fortnight - a fraction of his former paypacket - working on board a fleet of ships in the Shetland Islands designed to cater for offshore workers

And sources claim managers on board the 300-capacity ship have warned his new workmates not to discuss the goalscorer?s former life as a footballer.

When the Daily Record contacted Kyle, who once admitted blowing ?7000 a week on a gambling addiction, he blasted: ?I?m trying to provide for my family.?

Collect PictureKevin-Kyle.jpg Storeman: Kyle

Stranraer-born Kyle works on the Regina Baltic ship in Lerwick?s remote Mairs Quay - a 16-hour, 400-mile trip from his former home at Ibrox.

Our amazing images show Kyle working a 12-hour shift for employers Sodexo, stacking boxes and chatting with friends over a tea-break in the communal room.

A source said: ?Kevin started work on the ship earlier this month. It?s sad really to see someone who was obviously well-loved by the fans seemingly ending his career relatively early.

Internet IknowKevin-Kyle.jpg The MS Regina Baltica

?He?s a good lad and everyone gets on with him but he now has to work gruelling shifts and cater for other people - it must be quite a turnaround from his previous life.

?He doesn?t want to talk about his career as a footballer. His managers told people not to mention it.?

Kyle - whose contract with League One minnows Ayr United is thought to have been scrapped earlier this year - began working on the ship on July 8.

GettyKevin-Kyle.jpg Sunderland star: Kyle

The former goalscorer?s duties include cleaning floors, making beds and stocking up supplies on the ship. Kyle said: ?I?m trying to provide for my family. Many footballers pick up jobs after football but I don?t see stories about them in the newspapers.

?I don?t really want to publicise my lifestyle in the newspapers about whether I have a job or don?t have a job. I have to work at some point to put food on the table and to provide for my family.?

Dad-of-three Kyle began his career as a youth at Ayr United before joining Sunderland in 1998, but he was initially unable to force his way into the first team.

In 2006 he made a ?600,000 transfer to Coventry and went on to play for Kilmarnock, Hearts, Rangers and Ayr United. Over an eight-year period, he made 10 appearances for Scotland, scoring once.

But last night a source at his new place of employment said: ?He?s just like any of the other member of staff. He works hard and he doesn?t speak about his previous life as a footballer. He just gets on with it.?

Earlier this yeah Kyle revealed his former team-mates at Rangers couldn?t believe how much they earn, claiming the club was paying players far more than most of them could ever hope to make elsewhere.

Kyle, who signed for the Ibrox team in August 2012, said: ?There are guys at Rangers who can?t believe their luck at what they earn.

?I remember a fellow pro phoning me in the summer and, because I had read about it in a paper, I asked him: ?Did Rangers really offer you that amount??

?And he said to me: ?You know what? I think I could actually get even more off them.?

?You are thinking to yourself: ?Third division football and they are going to be earning ?350,000 or ?400,000 a year? And they would go higher still???

In an injury-ravaged season with Rangers, Kyle made eight appearances and scored three goals.

He previously revealed how he ?p***ed his wages up the wall gambling? during a spell at Coventry City.

In a 2010 newspaper interview he said: ?Sometimes in life money is not everything. I know a lot of people disagree with that but I had all the money years ago when I played with Sunderland and Coventry and I p***** it up a wall gambling.

?So money doesn?t always make you happy. The happiest I have been was the first year at Kilmarnock, playing football and knowing what my wage was.?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ex-premier-league-star-swaps-10k-a-week-3871719#ixzz37j61uwZC

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Absolute rag! Fair play to the big man! How this is news says everything about this nations media!

Can't believe he is on the ship that I am staying on! as previously mentioned, He will most probably be on an offshore rate which is not bad!

Most stewards get paid around ?36,000 a year and only work half the year, although it's not the best job to do if you have a gambling addiction.

Will try to get a 5-1 photo with him tonight!!

heartsfc_fan

Good on him.

He'll be earning more than what he was on at Ayr aswell.

Archived