Who's your worst Hearts team?

jambonian

We all talk about fans favourite players but it got me thinking.... Who's your worst team? 1- Craig Nelson, 2- Fabian LeClerq, 3- David Winnie, 4- Jim Weir, 5- Gordan Petric, 6- Ally Mauchlen, 7-Kevin Twaddle, 8- Andy Watson, 9- Justin Fashanu, 10-Hans Eskilsson, 11-Lineas Pilibaitis SUBS- (GK)Eduardas Kurskis, Andrius Klimek, Nerjus Barasa, David Kirkwood, Stewart McLaren, Ramon Perrera and Brian Hamilton Worst manager- Tommy McLean.

1 Kurskis

2 Leclercq

4 Petric

6 James

3 Jose

7 Jenkinson

5 Zal

8 No28

11 Pillowbiter

9 Klimek

10 Holmes

There are worse player i could pick but I am trying to play everyone in positions they have played,not all though.

Another list of useless can-ts,

Benniuseless,Twaddle,Barassa,Simpson,Beckford,Nelson,Berthe,B Hamilton,Eskilson,Husref,A Watson,Oueifio,McAnespie,Cramb to name but a few.

Drylaw Hearts

Kurkis

Le Clerq

Petric

Van Der Ven

Winnie

Twaddle

No28

The Pillow

Jenkinson

Klimeck

Benny

Subs :

Nelson

Stracheny

Goss

Cramb

Eskillson

Makela

Berthe

Francis Albert

The one that was relegated the third time with a points total not much different from Gretna's this season (ignoring the points deduction).

By some margin the worst.

ring-of-fire
1 Kurskis

2 Leclercq

4 Petric

6 James

3 Jose

7 Jenkinson

5 Zal

8 No28

11 Pillowbiter

9 Klimek

10 Holmes

There are worse player i could pick but I am trying to play everyone in positions they have played,not all though.

Another list of useless can-ts,

Benniuseless,Twaddle,Barassa,Simpson,Beckford,Nelson,Berthe,B Hamilton,Eskilson,Husref,A Watson,Oueifio,McAnespie,Cramb to name but a few.

he was truly awful! and wore an especially bad hat/doo-rag during games if i remember rightly!

Nicky Walker

Straceny (was he a RB? - he is in this team!)

Jim Weir

James

Winnie

Berthe

McKinnon

Simpson

Jenkinson

Bennius

Clum

Francis Albert
The one that was relegated the third time with a points total not much different from Gretna's this season (ignoring the points deduction).

By some margin the worst.

I've checked and that was unfair to Gretna who would have got 23 points from 38 games, statistically better than than our 18 from 36. And I read some posts saying we lost last week to the "worst ever team in the Premier League". So does that Hearts team actually hold that record?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

The Yo-Yo years of relegation featured such dross that I do not want to even mention some of them. The Club was in terrible decline. However, they were always able to come straight back up, unlike clubs like Dundee, Dunfermline and St Johnstone. So when guys state how awful it was then, at least these players got our club back up again. The 1981 failure was a blessing in disguise as it led to changes at the club and secured the future.

It is all relative, but the last two season has featured maybe not the worst players ever seen for years but certainly some of the most disinterested. I cannot ever remember matches being capitulated so easily at Tynecastle. Going a goal down and being unable to show any fight is an absolute disgrace. Played in front of full houses as well. And people try and blame the fans for the atmosphere not being conducive to helping the team. Christ, they should have been around in the late 70's.

I suppose I could name players like:

Kurskis - The worst ever keeper I have seen but I totally felt sorry for this poor guy.

Zaliukas - an absolute charlatan

Petric - a true wage thief

Leclerq - utterly dire

Jose Goncalves - another charlatan

Pilibitas - a complete non event

Ivankeviius - another I feel sorry for. Just not up to it.

Mikoliunas - More trouble than he has ever been worth.

Ksanavicius - provided absolutely nothing to the team.

Nade - a panic buy and boy does it show.

Elliott - Brings nothing to the team either

Nicky Walker

Straceny (was he a RB? - he is in this team!)

Jim Weir

James

Winnie

Berthe

McKinnon

Simpson

Jenkinson

Bennius

Clum

Is that Rab McKinnon? I thought he was decent. Also don't really get the number of votes for Jim Weir.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Is that Rab McKinnon? I thought he was decent. Also don't really get the number of votes for Jim Weir.

I am surprised at that also. Mckinnon was a pretty good player for us.

Jim Weir had a falling out with the manager at the time did he not? I also did not think he was that bad and could have developed into a decent player with us with proper guidance.

Dirk Diggler

Agree with you re McKinnon, Jim Weir however, was chronic.

No, it's Dave McKinnon. A midfielder we signed when the front door of Ibrox seemed to revolve into the foyer at Tynecastle when players left... I thought he was poor.

Weir was pretty limited iirc. He promisd quite a bit from St Jonhstone but never quite made it at Tynie. Petric was a better player (just!) imho.

I'm sure if asked tomorrow some of the names may change!

EDIT: SORRY!!!! Meant Davie Kirkwood!!!! Apologies.

Drylaw Hearts
I've checked and that was unfair to Gretna who would have got 23 points from 38 games, statistically better than than our 18 from 36. And I read some posts saying we lost last week to the "worst ever team in the Premier League". So does that Hearts team actually hold that record?

Remember it was only 2 points for a win back then.

rudi must stay

Kurskis

McCann

Petric

Zaliukas

Stracency

Twaddle

Simpson

Ivaskevicius

Sloan

Klimek

Pereira

Kurskis

McCann

Petric

Zaliukas

Stracency

Twaddle

Simpson

Ivaskevicius

Sloan

Klimek

Pereira

Didn't think Pereira was that bad for us?

Always remember when he came on against Hibs and set up Sloan to score straight away.. think we won 2-1 in the end?

rudi must stay
Didn't think Pereira was that bad for us?

Always remember when he came on against Hibs and set up Sloan to score straight away.. think we won 2-1 in the end?

aye i put him in more for his attitude which was a disgrace. After the first couple of months he just disappeared, not even due to injury, he just couldn't be arsed

Bit young to remember but how was Fitzroy Simpson such a flop at Hearts? He seemed to do ok in the English First Division (Championship) with Portsmouth then only played a handful of games for us?

He now plays in the Conference South for Eastleigh if anyone's interested. :P

Drylaw Hearts
Bit young to remember but how was Fitzroy Simpson such a flop at Hearts? He seemed to do ok in the English First Division (Championship) with Portsmouth then only played a handful of games for us?

Simpson had one decent 45 minutes v Celtic.

The rest of the time he was utter guff.

rudi must stay

aye, mainly cos we weren't really paying money for players at that time but we did for him IIRC, and he didn't do anything to merit it.

Kurskis

McManus (at right back, not the worst centre half)

Petric

J. Weir

James

Winnie

Twaddle

Smith

Mauchlen

Jenkinson

Cramb

Rank team deserves a rank formation. Manager Tommy McLean.

Kurskis

McManus (at right back, not the worst centre half)

Petric

J. Weir

James

Winnie

Twaddle

Smith

Mauchlen

Jenkinson

Cramb

Rank team deserves a rank formation. Manager Tommy McLean.

Twaddle never lost a game vs hibs im pretty sure that means he cant be in a worst ever hearts team:jambobanana:

Manager : Stephen Frail

Kurskis

Neilson

Karipidis

Berra

Jose

Ches

Eggert

Ruben (great player but i have to include the entire current squad)

Miko

Nada sorry I mean Nade

Elliot

The entire squad infact

Henry Smith

LeClerque

Petric

Gregor Stevens

Mahe

Twaddle

Darren Jackson

Brian Hamilton

Jenkinson

Hans Eskilsson

Pat McShane

Henry Smith

LeClerque

Petric

Gregor Stevens

Mahe

Twaddle

Darren Jackson

Brian Hamilton

Jenkinson

Hans Eskilsson

Pat McShane

No Steven Pressley? ;)

I thought Mahe was good for us as well..

buca junior

1. Kurskis

2. Le Clerq

3. Weir

4. Petric

5. James

7. Twaddle

6. Berthe

8. Pilibitas

11. Jenkinson

9. Klimek

10. Benius

Subs.

13. Nelson

14. Wishart

15. Hamilton

16. Beckford

17. Eskillson

Henry Smith

LeClerque

Petric

Gregor Stevens

Mahe

Twaddle

Darren Jackson

Brian Hamilton

Jenkinson

Hans Eskilsson

Pat McShane

Henry smith!!!!

surely not

Henry smith!!!!

surely not

Can never forgive him for his gaffes against ra sellik in the Cup semi-final. If only he had spent more time concentrating on the game instead of blowing out his cheeks and playing to the crowd. A great shot stopper who let us down in big games. :sad:

Can never forgive him for his gaffes against ra sellik in the Cup semi-final. If only he had spent more time concentrating on the game instead of blowing out his cheeks and playing to the crowd. A great shot stopper who let us down in big games. :sad:

But streets ahead of Nicky Walker.

St Johnstone at home in the League Cup. Far more embarrassing than 1989. I also thought big "H" was fouled on the second so really onmly the first was his fault.

Won us more points than we lost imho.

He was a great servant tho

i wish even a handful of the current wage thieving crop had his pasion, commitment and desire

David Hagen - hun reject, gash, punted to falkirk

Paul Smith - centre mid, signed from pars, good jambo but rubbish

Stephanne Paille - good player on his day but too fond of the ganja

Jam Tarts 1874

There have been a number of worse performances. Ironically the worst was from the first premier league in 75/76:

St. Johnstone 3 wins 5 draws = 11pts

Others of note. hibs 79/80 18pts, their away record was 2 draws and 16 loses.

Morton in 87/88 got 16pts in a 44 game league, their goal difference was -73 which is the worst I can find.

St Johnstone at home in the League Cup. Far more embarrassing than 1989.

Diddy Cup so nowhere near as bad.

David Hagen - hun reject, gash, punted to falkirk

Paul Smith - centre mid, signed from pars, good jambo but rubbish

Stephanne Paille - good player on his day but too fond of the ganja

I still think that this one goes down as the most unbelievable Hearts transfer ever.

We got the wonderful Stevie Baggio in a player swap for David Hagen. Absolute daylight robbery by JJ.

I think that Baggio signed on the same day as Dissa Pointon. I remember seeing the players pictured together and wondering if JJ had lost his marbles ...

Kurskis

Barasa Zaliukas James McCann

Ivaskev Tomaschek Simpson Ksana

Beniusis Pereira

Brian Wilson

Stuart gauld

Jim Denny

Crawford Boyd

Gordan Petric

John Craig

Mo Berthe

Joe Hammil

alex hammil

Pat McShane

Gary Liddel

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Brian Wilson

Stuart gauld

Jim Denny

Crawford Boyd

Gordan Petric

John Craig

Mo Berthe

Joe Hammil

alex hammil

Pat McShane

Gary Liddel

Christ that "team" is so bad....Horrible.

Kurskis

Barasa Zaliukas James McCann

Ivaskev Tomaschek Simpson Ksana

Beniusis Pereira

I don't think this team could win a point all season :P

frankblack

As opposed to Kurskis who threw one into the net against your heroes at Ibrox and had two or three further nightmare appearances.

I guess for you the players that lose to Celtic are always worse than the ones that lose to Rangers. Who did you cheer in the semi at Hampden this year?

frankblack
But streets ahead of Nicky Walker.

St Johnstone at home in the League Cup. Far more embarrassing than 1989. I also thought big "H" was fouled on the second so really onmly the first was his fault.

Won us more points than we lost imho.

Stevie Frail punched one over the bar and got sent off when we were 1-0 up and coasting. We then fell apart and lost 4-1.

Jam Tarts 1874
As opposed to Kurskis who threw one into the net against your heroes at Ibrox and had two or three further nightmare appearances.

I guess for you the players that lose to Celtic are always worse than the ones that lose to Rangers. Who did you cheer in the semi at Hampden this year?

Frank the plank - how are Rangers' anything to do with Hearts? You weegie ****! Leave us out of your pathetic little world.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

The worst Hearts team ever were the 11 p*shed arseholes who turned up on New Year's Day 1973 and brought everlasting shame on our club and gave those mingin' Leith ****'s their best result against us since 1875.:sad:

Mind you, that's all they have.:107years:

frankblack

Kurskis

Fitzroy Simpson

James

Petric

McCann

No 28

Mo Berthe

Ksanivacius

Jenkinson

Colin Cramb

Clum

John Findlay

The players responsible for seeing us relegated three times between 1977 and 1981.

John

frankblack
Frank the plank - how are Rangers' anything to do with Hearts? You weegie ****! Leave us out of your pathetic little world.

Tut tut, is that the best you can come up with?

How do reach the conclusion I a weegie? Never been to a game there unless it was Hearts of Scotland, and have seen more Hearts games than you ever will.

I hate both sides of the old firm with a passion but hate bigoted Hearts fans that disgrace the club even more. Obviously you fall into that category judging by the lack of intelligence shown by your reply.

Brian Wilson

Crawford Boyd

Gordan Petric

Paul Rodger

David Winnie

Archie White

Brian McNeill

John Craig

Alex Hamill

Pat McShane

Gary Liddell

Manager: Tony Ford.

McNeill mostly lined up (the word played is too generous) in the back 4 but he had the versatility to be hopeless anywhere on the park.

Archived