Osman Sow on trial (merged threads)

Never Let Them Forget

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pressgang22

I was up at Riccarton this morning and he was training. Him and Alim we're having a few tussles. Both looked pretty strong and keen to impress.

That is certainly good news that he's still training with us. Hopefully we can sign Sow and Buaben before the game on Friday.

Unlikely that he would end up at Blackpool.

Over on their forum, the fans are unsure if their manager is still there. Things seem a bit messy down there.

He was only appointed at the beginning of June but has apparently had a disagreement with the chairman Karl Oyston.

Oyston is a bit of an idiot by the looks of it.

Apparently only 8 players currently left on their books, and no goalie. Their line up would be even crazier then any of Craig Levein's - 0-4-3-1 perhaps? or maybe just 0-8-0-0 :)

If the choice for Sow is between Hearts and Hibs and he chooses Hibs, we will have had a very lucky escape. Anyone with such poor judgement would be a liability.

Wouldn't mind though if Hibs did talk to him and he asked to see the state of the art training facilities. That would certainly secure his signature for us.

Kalamazoo Jambo

If the choice for Sow is between Hearts and Hibs and he chooses Hibs, we will have had a very lucky escape. Anyone with such poor judgement would be a liability.

Wouldn't mind though if Hibs did talk to him and he asked to see the state of the art training facilities. That would certainly secure his signature for us.

Also, Hearts having a striker on trial means something very different to Hibs having a striker on trial. For a start, Hibs players have to wear suits.

Not news but extra info..

Hearts are running the rule over the former Ajax academy striker Rafael Uiterloo as they continue to hunt for attacking reinforcements.

The 23-year-Dutchman played a bounce game against Stenhousemuir on Sunday, with a Hearts XI running out 3-1 winners.

It is understood Hearts are keen to pursue a deal for their other trialist striker, Osman Sow, with discussions ongoing involving the Swedish player's agent following an impressive display against East Fife, recently. However, should that move fall through, Uiterloo, who had a trial with Atletico Madrid in 2012, and has played in the Dutch third tier and in the United Arab Emirates, could prove a viable alternative

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/dutchman-on-trial-as-hearts-strive-to-strengthen-their-strike-force.24769650

My gut feeling is that with the Swedish agent involved he might just hunt for more than we can offer. Hope I am wrong as he looks a great player. Despite being 6'4" Hearts kept it on the ground and he fitted well into our style. Would be absolutely delighted if we could announce Sow and Prince Buaben signings before friday

gashauskis9

My gut feeling is that with the Swedish agent involved he might just hunt for more than we can offer. Hope I am wrong as he looks a great player. Despite being 6'4" Hearts kept it on the ground and he fitted well into our style. Would be absolutely delighted if we could announce Sow and Prince Buaben signings before friday

Huns to nick both off us at the last minute with over inflated wage offers. NAP

I am a little surprised by the delay in the signing of Buaben, but not surprised about the delay of Sow, Sow's agent as others have hinted at will be looking to squeeze more out of us than Buaben.

I am a little surprised by the delay in the signing of Buaben, but not surprised about the delay of Sow, Sow's agent as others have hinted at will be looking to squeeze more out of us than Buaben.

I just hope we don't end up signing a pig in a poke.

Jamboscanbevicius

I expect we will sign sow but not Uterloo.

I hope so, though I fear we may lose out on Sow, and then be scrambling around for an alternative. Thankfully CL and RN have already shown with Lee Currie that they won't offer deals for the sake of it to fill the squad. Fingers are crossed... sealing the Buaben and Sow deals would mean we are nearly there with rebuilding the squad!

RenfrewHearts

I hope so, though I fear we may lose out on Sow, and then be scrambling around for an alternative. Thankfully CL and RN have already shown with Lee Currie that they won't offer deals for the sake of it to fill the squad. Fingers are crossed... sealing the Buaben and Sow deals would mean we are nearly there with rebuilding the squad!

Robbie was quoted as saying he wanted a Keeper a Central defender, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers when he took charge. So if we get Sow thats one extra from what we were looking for. If it doesn't come off then I don't thing we will panic at all.

ford donald

Sow could be a real steal for us.Hopefully he wants to be with Hearts,you reap what you sow!

Isaac Merritt Singer

Nah, that was the sew ing machine not the sow ing machine.

You nearly had me in stitches.

Dr. Bapswent

I was hoping to pull the wool over your eyes.

Reading what Robbie said about him I really how we do sign him, it was two words, only two, but words that I have longed to hear about a Hearts forward for years........Electric pace

Electric pace, after Tullberg, Made and Sutton who all looked like they were towing caravans I would love a forward with real pace

Electric pace, after Tullberg, Made and Sutton who all looked like they were towing caravans I would love a forward with real pace

TULLBERG!!!! He arrived injured. He left injured. Played only 1 game after that, in 2010 for some outfit in the lower German leagues and then retired.

In 6 seasons he only managed a total of 13 starts. Electric pace? How would anyone know. Now Beslija, he had electric pace - like a bullet he was.

""I?m happy with [the squad] we?ve got. There are one or two [positions to strengthen] but there?s no rush for us to do it.

"If anyone comes up who I think can add to the squad and who is good value for money then we will look at him."

:pleasing:

TULLBERG!!!! He arrived injured. He left injured. Played only 1 game after that, in 2010 for some outfit in the lower German leagues and then retired.

In 6 seasons he only managed a total of 13 starts. Electric pace? How would anyone know. Now Beslija, he had electric pace - like a bullet he was.

That cross :clumshot:

colinmaroon

I've just cottoned on to what this is all about.

Robbie is being very open and transparent about interest in players "apparently" before they are tied up.

I am not sure if this make me nervous or not. I think it does.

Thoughts?

(ps mind you I am made up that Sow apparently is saying he wants to join us - this could be a signing and a half for us....)

I've just cottoned on to what this is all about.

It can be hard to follow a thread at times!

For some reason, I'm really excited about Sow, I think he could be fantastic for us. Fingers crossed he signs.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I was hoping to pull the wool over your eyes.

...bit of needle creeping in?

MrWinningSmith

Seams like they are looking to get Sows contract all buttoned up ASAP.

Dr. Bapswent

I'm beginning to sense a pattern here...

Really? ive lost the thread of this conversation....

It's a bit of a tapestry putting together a good team, thankfully this doesn't look like some patch work effort.

Plenty random foreign players with a decent pedegree have pitched up in the scottish lower leagues and went on to greater things - bamba, latepy, agathe... No reason why we can't get someone like that in if they want to use us as a stepping stone. Thats basically our signing policy now

Outting yourself...

Any reason you chose 3 ex hibs players?

Tommy Wiseau

Chronic stuff again.

Every third fecking thread (LOLZ SEWING PUN LOLOLOLOL) . Absolutely unreadable.

Dr. Bapswent

Every third fecking thread (LOLZ SEWING PUN LOLOLOLOL) . Absolutely unreadable.

You sound like a crochety old man

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Outting yourself...

Any reason you chose 3 ex hibs players?

I didn't. I chose 3 who started in the scottish lower leagues as a stepping stone to bigger things in england or with the OF.

Aye cause the chat on the hangover and Sunday night threads is hilarious

The man's got a point dammit.

Although at least that's contained to those threads and only the folk that want to go on those threads can choose to, shite pun-ageddon infects threads that are actually about hearts current affairs and therefore affect everyone.

Personally i love a shite pun, but only in moderation.

It was Ian Anderson that invented the sowing machine. He used to stay next door to my grand parents at 62 Cumberland Street..

upgotheheads

The man's got a point dammit.

Although at least that's contained to those threads and only the folk that want to go on those threads can choose to, shite pun-ageddon infects threads that are actually about hearts current affairs and therefore affect everyone.

Personally i love a shite pun, but only in moderation.

Zip it for Ch****s sake

Apparently only 8 players currently left on their books, and no goalie. Their line up would be even crazier then any of Craig Levein's - 0-4-3-1 perhaps? or maybe just 0-8-0-0 :)

They have cancelled their summer tour so the new manager can concentrate on getting in new players.

Archived