Hampden

Guest gorgie kev

it all boils down to the weegie mafia.

they wanted a neutral ground for the old firm,and because of politics and jealousy,they turned a blind eye to the best stadium in the country which also happens to be in the capital.

the easy answer was, just tart up hampden.

That is it in a nutshell JS

Egotistical plonkers making short sighted decisions.

Mind you, the SRU probably made a similar mistake .........although they've at least ended up with a superbly crafted white elephant while ours appears to be only half finished !

Not sure what we had in the way of National government back then but ideally the Scottish office should have got the SFA and the SRU, along with Sport Scotland ( what the feck do they do ? ) and the rest and banged some heads together to get a decent ALL purpose stadium built somewhere sensible.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
What happens for OF Cup finals?

Toss a coin, whatever. Can we really justify a multi-million pound stadium solely for the occasional times that both ugly sisters get to the cup final?

It must have been one huge interest rate then. The stadium only cost ?126m with around 1/3 coming from a lottery grant. Lets not forget anything into double figure debt is crippling for rugby union (and dare I say as football union too).

I agree with taking games around the country. Many other countries do it such as Italy and Spain so I dont see why we cant do it here. Its not particularly fair on those not from the central belt having to travel to the Weeg for games against San Marino and the like.

With a bit of thought ( who am I kidding :rolleyes: ) that would be the fairest way to do it, although doubtless there are many who enjoy the day out to the Weege for Scotland matches. You have to remember though, the top brass who we are dealing with here knocked back a good TV deal to eventually sign

a 'great deal' .............for eh .....less money :wacko:

Yeh that was the SPL but you get my point :sad:

Toss a coin, whatever. Can we really justify a multi-million pound stadium solely for the occasional times that both ugly sisters get to the cup final?

Thats a tad unfair.............the refs are trying their level best :rolleyes:

Hampden is a pathetic stadium from the fans point of view. If your not in one of the more expensive seating areas there is no point in turning up, your view will be horrendous.

Archived