Welcome Morgaro Gomis (merged threads)

hughesie27

Very pleased with our first signing, think he will improve our side by quite a bit and Levein and Neilson will know exactly what he will bring to the table. Onwards and upwards !

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian

The last time I said Gomis was when the h1b5 players were stepping up to take the pens against Hamilton. :builder2:

:yas:

This post has gone shamefully unnoticed.

Is Hemmings not under contract?

No he was out of contract with Cowdenbeath end of the season.

Alan Johnson
The last time I said Gomis was when the h1b5 players were stepping up to take the pens against Hamilton. :builder2:

:yas:

This post has gone shamefully unnoticed.

Naw it hasn't, the S is silent FFS :muggy:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Arthur Morgan

Delighted with this signing. I think he would do a job for us in the Premiership too. I dunno why but I get the feeling he will turn out to be a cult hero for us.

tartofmidlothian

yas!.gif

Hold it. What? :blink:

heartsfc_fan

Definitely better than Hamill. Always very impressed with him at United.

Alan Johnson

yas!.gif

Hold it. What? :blink:

It's basically pronounced go-mee. Same as the ex (I think) Lyon striker.

Nah sounds weird, calling him gomez

glastonbury jambo

Seriously? Delighted about the 3 year deal. He's at an age where we could still get a decent transfer fee.

aye fair play ...i hope it works out, hopefully he can set the bar high for the young lads.

Centre mid, he works hard, gets the tackles in and covers the pitch well

He also has a pretty good shot on him iirc

invernessjt

whats MG's best position and how does he shape into our midfield?

Goalkeeper, hopefully.

Basically he does hamills job but with more composure and less manager barging

Very happy with this signing. Always liked him and Buaben at United. Would be happy if Buaben joined too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur Morgan

Gomis is still at Lyon, but it seems not for much longer as a few EPL clubs are interested.

I believe its more of a defensive midfield position. I fully expect him to be controlling the deeper portion of midfield and letting robinson and holt to have more freedom going forward. He should be the perfect signing to let them be more creative and play there game.

Guest C00l K1d

How does he react to players around him?

I think it'll be good if the shouting is left to Wilson next season.

Hamill did far too much berating IMO

How does he react to players around him?

I think it'll be good if the shouting is left to Wilson next season.

Hamill did far too much berating IMO

I've got a feeling we will name a new captain- one of the signings. Don't know who yet obviously.

I've got a feeling we will name a new captain- one of the signings. Don't know who yet obviously.

Craig Gordon IF he signs. :thumbsup:

tartofmidlothian

Craig Gordon IF he signs. :thumbsup:

This.

Wouldn't say no to Wilson continuing mind you. Berra and Zal both got it prematurely and did well.

Guest GhostHunter

Wait - what's this ?

We've signed Gomis ?? On a 3 Yr deal ??

I missed that...

Up to my knees in SQL Code all day and night.

:facepalm:

His name is
Wait - what's this ?

I missed that...

I'm just back on, cheers

Neilson's Shank

This sets the standard, my next request is for a no nonsense CB in the Roddie McDonald mould to partner DW and to bring young Brad on, who despite some early brain farts will go on to be a competent Premier League player.

This sets the standard, my next request is for a no nonsense CB in the Roddie McDonald mould to partner DW and to bring young Brad on, who despite some early brain farts will go on to be a competent Premier League player.

This is also what I would like to see, someone in the mould of Roddy, don't think we need a Pascali type centre half. Another striker or two would be good too.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wait - what's this ?

I missed that...

Dry your eyes!

::troll:::'>

I believe its more of a defensive midfield position. I fully expect him to be controlling the deeper portion of midfield and letting robinson and holt to have more freedom going forward. He should be the perfect signing to let them be more creative and play there game.

Gomis is still at Lyon, but it seems not for much longer as a few EPL clubs are interested.

Thanks for that. Clears up a puzzle. Told my Newcastle mate today that we had signed a guy called Gomis. He said that Newcastle were after him too.

Clearly a case of a brace of Gomises and good thing too because they only sign crap players.

This.

Wouldn't say no to Wilson continuing mind you. Berra and Zal both got it prematurely and did well.

Disagree about Zal, he should have got it earlier in my book. MS was never a Captain.

RustyRightPeg

Seen him playing for Utd last season a few times last year, he was filling in at left back and left mid at times and looked very comfortable there. Good mobile player with versatility, just what we need.

Buffalo Bill

Welcome to Hearts. Delighted. Can anyone provide a clip of his goal at Tynecastle in 2010?

jamtartan74

Is it just me or does making our 1st proper signing for donkeys just make u feel so proud to be a jambo??? Plenty hard times have been and gone but it's onwards and upwards now, another watch of 190512 is on the cards, jambos.... I fricking love u all :)

Very happy with our first signing. Be good if we can get two or three more done in the next week or so. Get them all done before pre season training starts so we can hit the gound running!

jamtartan74

3 year contract yeah that's right hobos a 3 year contract, admin no more , vlad no more u19s no more, are u scared yet??? U fecking should be vermin lol, ohhhh the hibees are....????

All roads lead to Gorgie

Never heard the Arabs pronouncing it Gomi but maybe that's a Dundonian thing.

Hagar the Horrible

It is all about horses for courses and this is the right signing at the right time, a good solid reliable pro, What a great start?

Always rated Gomis when he played for DU at Tynie.

Good signing.

we need our midfielders to start chipping in with a lot more goals but they wont come from Gomis so need the other ones to gives us more,hope he does really well for us though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjLcyjP1qlQ

We should change their song to:

We have a guy in centre mid, Gomis Gomis,

He hates the hibs he loves the shed, Gomis Gomis,

He came along with Craig levein and now he plays for the big team,

Jimmy Gomis ******* hates the hibs

(repeat)

Think he will be a good player for us!

I hope Gomis does well. At the back of my mind I can't help but feel that much of the anticipation from many on here is based solely on first spell at Utd. Can we overlook the fact that he was largely overlooked by McNamara in favour of John Rankin - a player I wouldn't entertain tbh. Hopefully a good addition but I for one feel he has much to prove in terms of being the player we recall of 2/3 years ago.

I hope Gomis does well. At the back of my mind I can't help but feel that much of the anticipation from many on here is based solely on first spell at Utd. Can we overlook the fact that he was largely overlooked by McNamara in favour of John Rankin - a player I wouldn't entertain tbh. Hopefully a good addition but I for one feel he has much to prove in terms of being the player we recall of 2/3 years ago.

Most united fans seem to think gomis should have been playing ahead of paton last season, more a case of mcnamara prefering his partick thistle mate than any indication of ability, gomis would fit our style really well imo, works like a trojan and has that bit of composure hamill lacked

Archived