Frail fights backs against critics of his time as Hearts boss

Sherlock

bigbryanthejambo
Ah, I see.

haha! Hope you've got a sense of humour chief. I don't think you'll need 3 guesses as to which poster may or may not have alerted me to the fact that the word "photies" may resonate with you! :)

Ye make a valid point on the Vlad/Frail thing. IMo though Frail doesn't have a leg to stand on, and certainly doesnt deserve any defending from us the fans.

Clerry Jambo
Frail did an awful job but the GTF stuff is harsh, there is only one man who has totally and utterly destroyed our club and that is Vlad, our worst league position in 27 years and our worst financial position in 124 years, Vlad deserves all the abuse we can muster!

Great points and Facts!:mad:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm sure F®ail did his best. It simply wasn't good enough. He doesn't fulfil the stated criteria of a "manager" for that reason and that reason alone.

FORTHCLYDE

Sit Down Man Your a Bloody Tragedy. I can't remember who coined the phrase but please go Frail today if you can.

I don't think that Frail is good enough for the top job - not just at Hearts but anywhere. This isn't to say he couldn't learn from an ecperienced man and become a top manager at some point in the future. He's not there yet - actually falls way short in my opinion.

However, I don't quite understand how that's me somehow being played like a fiddle ??!!

Your assessment is no doubt accurate

Who has allowed him to manage us for 5 months? Who gave this no fit for purpose man full control?

Why is it Frails fault the job is too big for him?

Thig Ar Latha
Think maybe there are 2 sides to this argument.

1. Should SF GTF as they say

2. Should he stay but not in a management capacity

Personally, I have some sympathy with him as he's in a psoition not of his own making.

However, he clearly showed with results/tactics/formation against falkirk and Killie - pre split when it did matter - that he isn't up to the job of manager. Not a criticism, simply a fact.

I would happily keep him on the coaching staff but a manager is what's required and unless that is resolved, I can't see anything changing.

I agree with you here. Frail was put into a job he is not qualified to do and far to inexperienced. He should be used as an example of why unqualified people should not be put in such responsible positions for any length of time. Put him back into coaching the Youths or Reserves and give him a chance to gain the experience and Coaching badges he needs. Then I will judge him on whether he can be a good Manager or not. He deserves that chance IMO.

I agree with you here. Frail was put into a job he is not qualified to do and far to inexperienced. He should be used as an example of why unqualified people should not be put in such responsible positions for any length of time. Put him back into coaching the Youths or Reserves and give him a chance to gain the experience and Coaching badges he needs. Then I will judge him on whether he can be a good Manager or not. He deserves that chance IMO.

The problem is he will become another example of what happens if you shut you mouth, tow the party line, and dont command high wages

You become Hearts head coach no matter the lack of experience, qualifications, form to back up the appointment

I fully expect, as has happened every other time we have had an interim head coach since Rix that a competent induction period as interim will lead to his "permanent" appointment. He'll be out by January though.

There is nothing at all to suggest this time will be any different.

I do believe he is trying his best but i also believe he is out of his depth.

Nobody can deny Romanov is the root of the problem but Frail has contributed to it - both by his participation in this sad farce, and also with his incompetent boobery, refusal to drop Elliot and so on.

The difference between Romanov and Frail is Romanov intentionally goes out his way to ***** things up for Hearts. Frail is just incompetent - his tactics in particular for our "must win games" have been pathetic.

I don't like to get at him too much as I genuinely believe he is a Hearts man and a good man but as long as he remains part of the axis-of-pish managerial setup he genuinely will be damaging the club everyday.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Anybody who is critising frail should take a long, long look at there self. Frail came into the job with unrelistic expectaitons of a top 6 finish and he almost pulled off a miracle. He has a bunch of players who aren't up to spl level, kingston who is our best player has been out of the team most of the season so to nearly get into the top six must be achievement enough.

The games in the bottom six had no real meaning so frail decided to play youngster which in my mind was good idea. But he loses a couple of games and gets slated for it.

People get grip. Let frail take charge next year, let him pick his own players, let him buy his own player then judge the man.

The games in the bottom six had no real meaning so frail decided to play youngster which in my mind was good idea. But he loses a couple of games and gets slated for it.

People get grip. Let frail take charge next year, let him pick his own players, let him buy his own player then judge the man.

No he didnt. He played maybe 2? He bottled playing them IMO. And played people who had wasted their chances all season.

Hilary Briss
Think maybe there are 2 sides to this argument.

1. Should SF GTF as they say

2. Should he stay but not in a management capacity

Personally, I have some sympathy with him as he's in a psoition not of his own making.

However, he clearly showed with results/tactics/formation against falkirk and Killie - pre split when it did matter - that he isn't up to the job of manager. Not a criticism, simply a fact.

I would happily keep him on the coaching staff but a manager is what's required and unless that is resolved, I can't see anything changing.

I agree mate, he was thrown in at the deep end and did the best he could.

He seems like a decent lad and loves the club, he just aint no manager. I would like him to go back to taking under 19's or reserves when/if we get the new man in.

Given that Frail has said that it was his team I would like to hear him explain why

- he retained the 4-5-1 formation that has not worked all year long, particularly in 'must win' games and for the Falkirk home game after finally playing better with 2 forwards against Caley and St Mirren

- why after saying that Wallace would keep the left back jersey after good performances, that Goncalves came back into the side

- why Ivaskevicius and Screpis started in the 'must win' game against Kilmarnock

- why did the club appeal Zaliukas' sending off

- after the Kingston histrionics after being taken off why did he start the next game at St Mirren

- why did he bring Beniusis on rather than Glen when 3 nil up against Inverness

- why there was no 'cavalry charge' in the last few minutes of any game to get something out of any games we were losing under his management

- why did he drop Basso after MoM performance against Kilmarnock

- why bring Zaliukas back in for the last few games rather than McGowan

- if the discipline is always bad why not sort it out?

etc etc etc

Though the central issue is the crazy running of the club under VR there is plenty to criticise Frail about - and his reaction to the fans' rightful criticism does not show him up in a good light.

No he didnt. He played maybe 2? He bottled playing them IMO. And played people who had wasted their chances all season.

Exactly..and why did he do that... to enhance his chances of getting the gig fulltime next season. treturous little man!

Gorgie Boy II
"...a section of the support" !! :eek:

What, like 98% of us ?

Maybe it's time he just shut his fecking gob.

This forum is nothing short of disgraceful. I very rarely post on KB but read it every day and Dexter that was totally out of order.

If anybody should be getting told to "shut his fecking gob" shouldn't it be the mad man who owns the club, and his son....? But perhaps Dexter you don't want to go down that road - you might not get invites to meet the puppet that is CM.

Anger is getting directed at the wrong person. SF did his best - okay, it might not have been good enough but if he wasn't at the club - what or who would have been in charge of training/taking the reserves/sorting out pre-season etc..........?

Get off Shaggy's back FFS.

Exactly..and why did he do that... to enhance his chances of getting the gig fulltime next season. treturous little man!

Or maybe he was placating our mad owner so that he could continue trying to have a positive effect in other areas of the team? Both these options are conjecture but I see nothing to suggest that he is a treturous (sic) little man.

He is obviously not good enough to manage us and certainly not single handedly (ignoring Vlad's influence). As others have said above, Frail has tried his hardest with (IMO) the best interests of hearts in mind and attacks on him are deflecting from the real issue which continues to be the lack of a decent management structure. That issue is all Vlad's fault.

Drew Busby !

The "Frail as manager" poll is about 4 pages back.

860 say NO (92%)

74 say YES (8%)

I guess not all the 74 were hobos as there are a few Jambos on this thread who it seems are still not averse to him getting the gig for next season.

Well done Shaggy,I used to repect you but now ,not a fecking chance.

Just like your pay master you blame everyone ,including the fans, about the predicament we are in, and try and justify what a great job you are doing.

Take a long hard look at yourself Shaggy,did you really have full contole of the team,did you really have the backing of all the players.

I think the answer to the two questions is NO.

Who decided to start playing Jose,who decided to bring No28 back into the squad,who decided that Tall,Basso,McCann,Makela coudn't get a game,then we have,Why was almost every player that can actually play footballl playing well below par almost every game.why couldn't we even muster a wee fight against Killie when we really needed to fight,why has the team played,and I thought this was impossible,the worst football ever seen when you had "full controle".

Ask yourself that Shaggy,then get back to us.

Guest GhostHunter
This forum is nothing short of disgraceful. I very rarely post on KB but read it every day and Dexter that was totally out of order.

If anybody should be getting told to "shut his fecking gob" shouldn't it be the mad man who owns the club, and his son....? But perhaps Dexter you don't want to go down that road - you might not get invites to meet the puppet that is CM.

Anger is getting directed at the wrong person. SF did his best - okay, it might not have been good enough but if he wasn't at the club - what or who would have been in charge of training/taking the reserves/sorting out pre-season etc..........?

Get off Shaggy's back FFS.

Hi Stevie.

:rolleyes:

Last time I looked, I was allowed to vent my frustrations, and moreover, do it on a public forum.

Gorgie Boy II

Stevie.......???

Vent your frustrations at Vlad. Shaggy is an easy target. But if you don't want to rock the boat, thats fine. Just think your bang out of order.

Guest GhostHunter
Stevie.......???

Vent your frustrations at Vlad. Shaggy is an easy target. But if you don't want to rock the boat, thats fine. Just think your bang out of order.

Rock the boat ?

F®ail puts himself in the spotlight with ridiculous interviews, then I'm PERFECTLY entitled to voice what I think about them.

Gorgie Boy II

He's an easy target for you though, why can't you see that?

Vlad has pretty much destroyed our club - rant about him, not the man who has tried to pick up the pieces. What has Shaggy done that is so terribly wrong? We were a shambles before he was given his caretaker role, and we're still a shambles. Hardly justification to tell somebody to shut his fecking mouth. Disgraceful.

He's an easy target for you though, why can't you see that?

Vlad has pretty much destroyed our club - rant about him, not the man who has tried to pick up the pieces. What has Shaggy done that is so terribly wrong? We were a shambles before he was given his caretaker role, and we're still a shambles. Hardly justification to tell somebody to shut his fecking mouth. Disgraceful.

HOBO!!!!;)

Guest JamboRobbo

Bottom line for me. Frail should not be the scapegoat for the problems caused by Vladimir Romanov.

It is impossible to judge what Frail might or might not be capable of doing, given he's working with both hands tied behind his back and a blindfold on, and just for good measure, any decision he makes can be overruled at any point by a mad man who doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

Vlad is the problem, not Frail. Frail is just an easy target for some people it seems.

Gorgie Boy II
Bottom line for me. Frail should not be the scapegoat for the problems caused by Vladimir Romanov.

It is impossible to judge what Frail might or might not be capable of doing, given he's working with both hands tied behind his back and a blindfold on, and just for good measure, any decision he makes can be overruled at any point by a mad man who doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

Vlad is the problem, not Frail. Frail is just an easy target for some people it seems.

WELL SAID THAT MAN.

Frail's hopeless though! His staunch defence of "the best young prospect in Scotland" a case in point, people say he hasn't been allowed to stamp his own authority on the team and sign players, heavens above can you imagine who he would sign if Clum is the benchmark for what makes a player.

I think even though Vlad has his say Frail could have done things alot better. At times the players should have been read the riot act but Frail has gone for the softly softly approach and failed imserably. I am not blaming him for the situation, just saying he is a crap manager.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Fedotovas has already confirmed he's not getting the job.

Give it a rest, Frail.

bobsajambo1

Frail, if you had any balls you would have left by now, but you will be probably be kepted on (who would want you), not as a manager I hope, cause I would think you are kidding yourself on if this was offered to you and you tookit , cause in a nutshell, YOU CAN'T MANAGED YOURSELF NEVER ALONE THE TEAM, WITH SOME OF THE COMMENTS YOU HAVE COME OUT WITH, SO LISTEN TO THE FAN's ?

Ray Winstone

If this is what Shaggy can do with the "full respect" of the players and full control of the team then it shows that he is definitely not the man for the job.

I wish he would stop whining about it and quit.

superhearts51
Some people who take out their frustartions on Frail really need to take alook at themselves.

Small minded, ungrateful children the lot of them.

100% agree mate, The personal abuse he is taking when he is working tirelessly for our club is disgusting.

No Nonsense
Rock the boat ?

F®ail puts himself in the spotlight with ridiculous interviews, then I'm PERFECTLY entitled to voice what I think about them.[/QUOTE]

That is the issue here for me in a nutshell. Since SF took over his handling of the media and the way he talks to them has seriously gotten on my nerves. From the famous "the next 5 games are all must wins" to "i'm not leaving, I have a mortgage to pay" to "Elliots one of the great young Scottish talents" to "i've got results". Some statements were just plain rubbish, others were uncalled for and, others seemed to stem from a personal agenda, which is highly unproffesional when managing a football club. Whilst I do have symapthy for SF, I do not think he has done himself any favours in the past few months.

Frail did his best; he was hampered by a mad owner and a bunch of players who let him down badly on the pitch. Some of them should be taking a long hard look at themselves; especially Kingston and Stewart.

I remember Frail as a great player who never shirked it on the pitch. Not many of the current Hearts team can say the same.

Agreed Frail is short of what we need but he is not alone in that.

Colonel Kurtz

this is another case of selective memories

Frail was never a great player with us,he wasnt there long enough,and indeed would have ben sold to Man City if he hadnt been injured.

He is a nice guy,who cares about the club,and was promoted way above his capabilities/level of experience on the whim of a nutcase owner.

I hope he gets kept on,in some capacity by the club next season.

Given that Frail has said that it was his team I would like to hear him explain why

- he retained the 4-5-1 formation that has not worked all year long, particularly in 'must win' games and for the Falkirk home game after finally playing better with 2 forwards against Caley and St Mirren

Nade and Elliot were unavailable, we only had 2 strikers - Mole and Glen, neither were in the Hearts first team at the start of the season

- why after saying that Wallace would keep the left back jersey after good performances, that Goncalves came back into the side

Frail did think Wallace played well but Mr. Romanov invited a scout to watch Jose play so Wallace had to be dropped to the bench, I'm not saying this is right but next season unless we sign a decent left back, the position is Lee's.

- why Ivaskevicius and Screpis started in the 'must win' game against Kilmarnock

Driver was out, Ksanavicius isn't good enough, McCann was out, Cesnauskis was out, we were very low on wide players, Kingston played in the middle so Miko and Kes played wide, Palazuelos started as he deserves to and Screpis started over Stewart who had been out for a while - correct decision IMO

- why did the club appeal Zaliukas' sending off

They obviously thought they had a case.

- after the Kingston histrionics after being taken off why did he start the next game at St Mirren

He shows he cares by doing so, he then backed Frail and said he wanted to stay at Hearts for the long run didn't he, no surprise there.

- why did he bring Beniusis on rather than Glen when 3 nil up against Inverness

That is just a matter of opinion, Frail must have wanted to see Beniusis in action, you obviosly wanted to see Glen, if Frail was thinking Glen will get much more chances than Beniusis then I can see why he though give him an opportunity to see what he can do.

- why there was no 'cavalry charge' in the last few minutes of any game to get something out of any games we were losing under his management

Not every manager does this, if whatever manager it is thinks his team are winning certain battles on the pitch and are getting chances, why change that and possibly concede 1 or 2 more goals?

- why did he drop Basso after MoM performance against Kilmarnock

Because he didn't sign the contract extension he was offered, pledging no commitment whatsoever to the club.

- why bring Zaliukas back in for the last few games rather than McGowan

McGowan was complaining of an injury/strain, why risk him for next season if he damages himself even more?

- if the discipline is always bad why not sort it out?

When Frail first came in he said he wanted to sort out the disiplinary record, in the 2 games after he was in charge, we got 4 players sent off. Since then, the only red card has been Glen's against Gretna, 4 months since our last red card.

etc etc etc

Though the central issue is the crazy running of the club under VR there is plenty to criticise Frail about - and his reaction to the fans' rightful criticism does not show him up in a good light.

this is another case of selective memories

Frail was never a great player with us,

Aye your memory, Frail was one of the best full backs around in Scotland with Dundee and then with us, albeit for a short time. Then I suppose you'll know better.

That wasn't the main point I was making anyway but then that will be your selective reading of my post I suppose!! :)

Only a Game
Some people who take out their frustartions on Frail really need to take alook at themselves.

Small minded, ungrateful children the lot of them.

He did his best. I dont see anyone, including you, saying otherwise.

It wasnt anything like good enough, I dont see anyone, including you, saying othwerwise.

He is not suitable or qualified to be the manager of Hearts. I dont see anyone, including you, is saying otherwise.

He is angling for a job he didnt do well last season and wont be able to do well next season. He seems to think he did well and has the respect of the players. He didnt do well (over the course of the season) and he's attracting criticism for saying that he did.

I dont see what the problem is ?

Dr. Bapswent
He did his best. I dont see anyone, including you, saying otherwise.

It wasnt anything like good enough, I dont see anyone, including you, saying othwerwise.

He is not suitable or qualified to be the manager of Hearts. I dont see anyone, including you, is saying otherwise.

He is angling for a job he didnt do well last season and wont be able to do well next season. He seems to think he did well and has the respect of the players. He didnt do well (over the course of the season) and he's attracting criticism for saying that he did.

I dont see what the problem is ?

Your right.

i dont say otherwise.

Why would I, thats what I think he did?

I think the abuse he gets is unfair. Thats what i AM saying.

Nookie Bear
I do believe he is trying his best but i also believe he is out of his depth.

Nobody can deny Romanov is the root of the problem but Frail has contributed to it - both by his participation in this sad farce, and also with his incompetent boobery, (1)refusal to drop Elliot and so on.

The difference between Romanov and Frail is (2)Romanov intentionally goes out his way to ***** things up for Hearts. Frail is just incompetent - his tactics in particular for our "must win games" have been pathetic.

(3)I don't like to get at him too much as I genuinely believe he is a Hearts man and a good man but as long as he remains part of the axis-of-pish managerial setup (3)he genuinely will be damaging the club everyday.

1) I know, and we left Drogba kicking his heels on the bench as well. Would you rather have had Mole, Benny or Makela playing? How about Velicka? Oh right, the madman sold him.

2) Ah, that's alright then - delibarately destroying us is okay then...good to know. Well done Vlad.

3) "I don't like to get at him too much.......damaging the club everyday. ooohhh, the irony.

Good to see you're maintaining your posting standards, HoG

Nookie Bear
Your right.

i dont say otherwise.

Why would I, thats what I think he did?

I think the abuse he gets is unfair. Thats what i AM saying.

Spot on. I don't think he is the man to take us forward to where we want to be but he HAS taken us forward from where we were at New Year.

Of course, Frail is the easy target (like Pressley) and that makes him ideal for Hearts fans who seem incapable of looking at the bigger picture. Calling Frail a puppet? Nobody is getting their strings pulled more by Vlad than folk on here.

Buffalo Bill

Thank you Mr Frail for you effort, dignity and hard work.

But what we need is a real manager. You are not a real manager.

Sorry to say that, as I loved you as a player. And you were a great player.

Buffalo Bill

john brownlee

IMO, SF has tried his best I don't think that there are many people in their chosen profession that don't try their best. Its just a pity that other people don't see it that way,

As I said at the time he was appointed "TEMP" the two outcomes will be that if he's a success he will be hailed as the new messiah, and if he fails it will be the madones@,com.lith fault and VR will be the scapegoat to the usual suspects. As it happens we now have a mixed camp of VR and SF being at fault.

I think in reality we should just forget this season as I've said before this is not a particularly bad season compared with some in the past. We have had far worst managers whether Temp or long term than SF and far worst players than the present team to grace the turf of Tynecastle. so come on you guys lets just look forward to the summer hols and hope that we have something to raise the roof next season.

As you know I have great faith in Mr Romanov and will continue to support him as long as he's at Hearts. Ostrich and sheep and even a hobo I have been called, but it will not change my mind that he is the man to bring us success remember Rome wasn't built in a day one bad season doesn't take away a Scottish cup, days in euro and stuffin it up the squirm and the GFA.

BTW who's got the pic' of the tin hat I may need it

Archived