What chance League reconstruction again

7628mm

I wonder if the SPFL will announce reconstruction of the whole League set up in the next week or so.

For me I would not be at all surprised, with of course The Rangers being invited back to the top table. My reasoning is that the SPFL is not a saleable asset now and with The Rangers about to go pear shaped again the powers that be have the perfect opportunity to save them.

Heres Rixxy

Ehhhh, no.

Firstly how could they justify reconstruction for next season with zero notice and secondly, why would Sevco be included in any expanded top tier? There would be 9 teams ahead of them in the pecking order.

The Premier League teams will be cutting their budgets as we speak

2 of the biggest clubs take a step down added to the 'Rangers' scenario.

frankblack

There won't be anything this coming season, but if Sevco don't go up, they Doncaster will definitely push through reconstruction.

Tommy Wiseau

3 of the 5 biggest teams in Scotland are going to be in the Championship next year :lol:

That is insane.

Dagger Is Back

There won't be anything this coming season, but if Sevco don't go up, they Doncaster will definitely push through reconstruction.

Wouldn't surprise me at all

Seymour M Hersh

Can't see it but at the same time if they did suddenly announce another reconstruction I'd not be surprised such are the idiots who are running the game (into the ground up here).

3fingersreid

Think at the very least it'll be discussed

Think it was craigen on BT that said the relegation of Hearts and hibs will impact on the likes of Ross county st Johnstone killie etc

That said the players now available because of cut backs just got bigger and the wage demands lower

Might increase the chances of stevo staying after all

weve took our medicine for 18 months

with transfer ban ,administration , playing bairns

now dungcaster can take his imo

The Mighty Thor

The Premier League teams will be cutting their budgets as we speak

2 of the biggest clubs take a step down added to the 'Rangers' scenario.

Armageddon!! :lol:

skinnybob72

If we go up with Hibs at the end of next season and The Rangers are left behind you may find league reconstruction suddenly on the cards.

clubs will just have to adapt to not having the Hibs away crowds etc

meantime a revised tv deal for championship was mentioned so if Rangers can give some guarantees might be on

plus it helps championship clubs which may equal things up vs likes of Ross County and St Mirren.

The Treasurer

If we go up with Hibs at the end of next season and The Rangers are left behind you may find league reconstruction suddenly on the cards.

I think you'll find the "authorities" (ie refs etc) will be bending over backwards to ensure sevco finish in the automatic promotion slot

I think it's time the spl had 16 teams. Teams like hearts hibs and rangers should be in the top league

Jambof3tornado

I think it's time the spl had 16 teams. Teams like hearts hibs and rangers should be in the top league

only if they are good enough to be there.

Chris Benoit

only if they are good enough to be there.

Exactly no team should have a divine right to be in the top league. We've taken our punishment now we live with it.

No chance of reconstruction IMO.

TV deal is in place with penalties for lack of viewers - I half expect that a secondary deal will be established which either:

1. Retains the same value, expands to cover Championship games with incentive that any penalties over viewer numbers are removed from the contract.

2. Introduces a 1 season top up for Championship games (guess work but i'd go with 1-2mill) and penalties removed for viewer numbers missing targets.

3. Long term deal tied into the current running deal increasing the overall TV contract value on a yearly basis by around ?2mill a year but covers all leagues.

letsalldothebeattie

No chance.

More chance of sky and bt redoing the deal or getting a whole new one to show the championship too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's interesting though

Championship teams will basically get a bit of a bounty next season. They will be able to invest arguably more than the bottom six SPL clubs.

You'll find that the standard of Champs teams (and I mean outside of hearts and sevco... ;-) ) will be as good if not better than a lot of SPL teams.

If ever a bigger top league was going to happen it would be the season after next...

It's interesting though

Championship teams will basically get a bit of a bounty next season. They will be able to invest arguably more than the bottom six SPL clubs.

Championship teams also know that at least one of Hearts/Rangers/Hibs will be staying around for at least an extra season.

skinnybob72

Championship teams, particularly the smaller teams like Alloa and Cowdenbeath, have effectively got 8 plum cup ties at home - without having to share gate money!

Takeshi's Tynecastle

I don't see how Hibs getting relegated changes anything apart from making the championship even more intriguing and giving everyone a summer of amusement. It doesn't affect the prem one iota.

The only thing that might cause panic is if rangers don't go up next season and their meltdown pt 2 starts to accelerate.

I hope everyone in the championship plays their part in making that happen.

Archived