Since I was young........words please.

sinbad

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like stealing other teams songs, let's leave that to Hibs. We have plenty of our own

How many?

The Hearts song and the European one are both Hearts originals, but how many others are there that were started or are just sung by Hearts fans?

Commentator on BT Sports today said something along the lines of, if you want good football songs Hearts (and Hibs) have plenty.

If you watch the BT Sport recording just after the full time whistle, that end is bouncing, and loud! Isn't that the whole point?

On a separate note, having watched it again, that save!!! Unbelievable!

The Great Khali

Somebody tried to start this is in Middletons

About two folk joined in and it was honkin :lol:

Edit - with Hibs instead of spurs obviously :lol:

Somebody tried to start this is in Middletons

http://youtu.be/GJf3X31ICfE

About two folk joined in and it was honkin :lol:

That is brilliant :lol:

The guy in Middletons should have changed the team to Hibs though. Schoolboy error.

Nucky Thompson

How many?

The Hearts song and the European one are both Hearts originals, but how many others are there that were started or are just sung by Hearts fans?

Commentator on BT Sports today said something along the lines of, if you want good football songs Hearts (and Hibs) have plenty.

By the lights of the silvery moon and we were 100% the 1st team in Britain to sing to the tune of Hey Jude

The Great Khali

That is brilliant :lol:

The guy in Middletons should have changed the team to Hibs though. Schoolboy error.

Meant to add that. Edited now :lol:

mattyw_1874

Nothing wrong with the song. Aye its naff but it has a catchy tune and as others have said you can sing it for ages.

Notorious BIG

Hahahahahaha folk complaining about it, We just beat Hibs and it was rocking at the end, I assume you just stood there and didnt join in? Get a grip

Like the kujabi song - it reminds them of one of their own, the new Roberto Carlos, on that wonderful day. It has a casual mocking feel to it.

Jambof3tornado

Knowing that the hibs players were sat in a dressing room after yet another derby defeat,having to listen to our continual chant of since I was young,made me sing even louder!!

How many?

Gorgie boys are n town. Is that not an original?

By the light?

Absolutely loved the 'Hibees Hibees' at the start of the second half.

that was quality. Hibs players running out to fans singing glory glory to the hibees then realise it was us singing it.

Pants Shaton

Hahahahahaha folk complaining about it, We just beat Hibs and it was rocking at the end, I assume you just stood there and didnt join in? Get a grip

I use kickback what ever makes you think I've been to a Hearts match?

The Kujabi song is funny.

The Danny Wilson song was great - except we had to stop singing it once it was clear Locke was relegating us.

The 'When I was Young' song is chronic.

When people come up with good original songs they aren't used. Bankrobber being one example.

Bankrobber is good. As is this one for Dale Carrick, slowly catching on

Danny Wilson song is shite.

We'll support you evermore is for losers.

I like Since I Was Young.

How is we'll support you ever more for losers that's what supporting a team is all about as we have shown this season

Walter Bishop

The folk complaining about the songs being sung weren't even at the game. NAP!

This. The song was fantastic today at the end of the game, fitting words for a fitting occasion.

Man u sing

Hello! Hello!

We are the busby boys

Hello! Hello!

We are the busby boys

And if you are a City fan surrender or you?ll die,

We all follow United

Sure we can change it to up to our knees in hibee scum but not sure about the end.

Watching a few clips on YouTube when stamp scored and it was amazing.

How is we'll support you ever more for losers that's what supporting a team is all about as we have shown this season

Because it is usually only ever sung when a team is losing or in a shan situation. Like us.

High Roller

it was an amazing,bouncing song.

I loved every second of it and underneath we each in our hearts said

He're i am

He're i stand

HMFC

The team for me !!!!!

Because it is usually only ever sung when a team is losing or in a shan situation. Like us.

Sometimes we are in a shan situation so it makes the song appropriate. It is an anthem of defiance.

Francis Albert

We only need to change one word. How about this.

" up to our knees in Fenlons blood".

What's the thoughts?

The thought is that thought seems to be missing there.

Francis Albert

Sometimes we are in a shan situation so it makes the song appropriate. It is an anthem of defiance.

Defiance and triumph. The song suits both and supporting a football team involves both, more of the former than latter, inevitably. Well except for us in derbies, obviously.

The song added towards one of the best atmospheres in recent years.

Why would anyone even complain? Absolute badword spangles.

What about whooooho Danny Wilson he's our captain he loves the Hearts? That was slated when we sang it at Partick at the start of the season too on here. As long as we sing it loud and proud what does it matter?

Needs to be changed for the Championship. "We're in the Championship, he doesn't give a ****, *something else here*, And the Hearts are going up"

Was brilliant at Raith at the start of the season - non stop for 120 minutes :rofl:

SwindonJambo

I was in the upper tier today, giving it laldy with this number, for 15 mins+ at the end. I agree that it's a bit of a silly song but it somehow worked and was spot on for the occasion. My voicebox is now in shreds and hope it heals on the 400 mile coach journey home tomorrow...

A new song

Good for certain occasions

No other song would have been sung for 20 minutes at full time

No one is saying its going to replace The hearts song but our song book has needed something new for a while and this fits the bill for the time being

People saying its chronic for the sake of it

Aye cause 'make us spew up' is inspired songwriting

BonnyriggSectionG

Problem is we can create a good atmosphere but the. It gets repetitive and dies out. We need some new songs to spice things up a bit.

Some ******* party in the last derby, was quality the first couple of times and then got repetitive and boring by like get the 20th time.

Gregory House M.D.

Gorgie boys are n town. Is that not an original?

By the light?

No, that is also a Dunfermline song. Manchester United also use it for the "Pride of all Europe" song.

By the light I think may be.

My vid from today, a full 5 mins after the final whistle and after every single Hibs fan had left.

Haha! If u were at the game today u would have realised that the 15 mins after full time were superb! And this song was getting belted out by all 3800 of us! The place was bouncing! Better songs, maybe. Pish song, not a chance.

This. Too many WUM's and non-supporters on here sometimes.

Hearts supporters love it. FTH.

Angerfist_Hearts

Surprised not seen any one say this but am pretty sure it says i followed on not hearts

fabienleclerq

Aye it's

Since i was young

I've followed on

Nope.

Anyway what's with this stealing songs chat? Virtually every football song other teams sing, does it matter?

heartsfc_fan

I like it.

Got a video on my phone of the fans at the end signing it. I'll upload later.

It's a Motherwell song.

. Every club has a version.... I can't get the song out my head.

Matthew Le Tissier

This reminds me of the time Posh Spice tryed to sue Peterborough United

Archived