• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The woman in the house across the street….

netflix, 6/10

starts promisingly and sets the scene for why this lady is so broken and destroyed but then rapidly turns into far fetched nonsense. 

Jambo_jim2001
On 07/02/2022 at 18:42, Pans Jambo said:

EDIT: & whilst I am moaning…what about car chase scenes? The pick up truck/van/bus always seems to catch or keep up with the 6ltr Camero/Corvette or whatever! A pick up truck cant go that fast FFS!!!

Why do the tyres squeel on grass or mud,always found that funny...btw reacher enjoyed it👍👍

21 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Why do the tyres squeel on grass or mud,always found that funny...btw reacher enjoyed it👍👍

😂 & at 3mph in a car park. 
👍

I finished " Inventing Anna" on Netflix last night. Its outstanding. Really entertaining , very funny and just gob smacking really. Its about a fraudster young German woman who conned the high society of New York by pretending she was an heiress to a fortune and was due it on her 25th birthday. In the meantime she ripped as many people and hotels as much as possible.

She nearly got a loan of 40 million dollars to start up an art gallery business in NY.  A lot of New Yorks high society were left deeply embarrassed by being conned by her. Its a fascinating series about  the very nature if identity, the influence of social media ( she put loads of updates and pics of her fake lifestyle on her instagram and amassed lots of followers)  and how people can be so easily hood winked.  10/10 from me. 

Really good performances from the leads . Anne Clumsky ( was very funny) as the journalist who exposed the story and Julia Garner as Anna ( she was in Ozark ). And some fine supporting parts too esp from the actress who played Rachel.

Edited by JamesM48

On 22/02/2022 at 17:21, Muppetboy said:

The woman in the house across the street….

netflix, 6/10

starts promisingly and sets the scene for why this lady is so broken and destroyed but then rapidly turns into far fetched nonsense. 

Thanks for the heads up. I hate when  that happens with a show. Starts off really good then rapidly goes down hill.  I cant recall the name of it but Bryan Cranston .. It was similar . Started off brilliant and became rank. 

49 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I hate when  that happens with a show. Starts off really good then rapidly goes down hill.  I cant recall the name of it but Bryan Cranston .. It was similar . Started off brilliant and became rank. 

Your honour

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Stay Close on Netflix. 
absolute garbage. Giving up after 3 episodes. The singing assassins were the final nail. Brutal stuff

I gave up on it when they appeared too.

Not a great adaptation of the book, which I actually quite enjoyed.

The Bannon Flick
On 23/02/2022 at 09:00, JamesM48 said:

I finished " Inventing Anna" on Netflix last night. Its outstanding. Really entertaining , very funny and just gob smacking really. Its about a fraudster young German woman who conned the high society of New York by pretending she was an heiress to a fortune and was due it on her 25th birthday. In the meantime she ripped as many people and hotels as much as possible.

She nearly got a loan of 40 million dollars to start up an art gallery business in NY.  A lot of New Yorks high society were left deeply embarrassed by being conned by her. Its a fascinating series about  the very nature if identity, the influence of social media ( she put loads of updates and pics of her fake lifestyle on her instagram and amassed lots of followers)  and how people can be so easily hood winked.  10/10 from me. 

Really good performances from the leads . Anne Clumsky ( was very funny) as the journalist who exposed the story and Julia Garner as Anna ( she was in Ozark ). And some fine supporting parts too esp from the actress who played Rachel.

Julia Garner was superb in Ozark

The Bannon Flick

Queen of the South is great.

Just watched the first series - quite similar to Narco’s / Breaking Bad if that’s your thing.

Set in Dallas and Mexico.

5 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Julia Garner was superb in Ozark

Yes she’s an excellent actress , i gave up

on ozark but read good reviews on this so might re start it 

The Bannon Flick
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes she’s an excellent actress , i gave up

on ozark but read good reviews on this so might re start it 

Ozark is a funny one. Quite slow and dark at times but gets better each season.

The Ruth character is fantastic 

Started on Viking’s Valhalla on Netflix, the sequel to Vikings set around 100 years after it finished. More of the same really just with different Viking characters and English king. 

Pesky Blinders back on the BBC tonight at 9pm. I’ll probably watch it at some point but not feeling any real excitement about it, and won’t be the same without Polly. 

Raised By Wolves.

Absolutely bonkers sci-fi.

Two androids escaping an Earth left almost uninhabitable by a religious/atheist war try to raise kids on an alien planet.

Treads a fine line between interesting, thought provoking and laughably stupid and crap.

Some great ideas but some poor acting and a mixed bag of GFX (some stupendous, some just stupid).

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Pesky Blinders back on the BBC tonight at 9pm. I’ll probably watch it at some point but not feeling any real excitement about it, and won’t be the same without Polly. 

It can’t be any worse than the last season, which was appalling. 

Disser Pointon
20 hours ago, benny said:

1883 finished season 1 last night.

Brilliant TV.

My missus was bubbling her eyes out! Was much better than the most recent series of Yellowstone.

The Hogfather

Finishing Succession (two episodes to go) and, honestly, don't see the hype. Cast of boring/unlikeable characters and disappointing pay offs. 6/10.

Finished Ozark series 4 part 1. Netflix 

Really good TV. 8/10

Ruth is brilliant especially at the end of episode 7. The son is a dick.

Disser Pointon

Vikings Valhalla on Netflix. Been very good so far, I got bored with Vikings once Ragnar died but this has been decent.

On 02/03/2022 at 13:00, Disser Pointon said:

Vikings Valhalla on Netflix. Been very good so far, I got bored with Vikings once Ragnar died but this has been decent.

Nice spoiler there for anyone who hasn't watched Vikings. :lol: 

Just watched the 3 parter 'Rise of the Nazis'. Pretty brutal at times but very informative. Starts with Hitler's assault on Russia culminating in the defeat at Stalingrad and then his own downfall. 

Also just watched The Rippers secret murders. The total incompetence and arrogance of the police back then is breathtaking. 3 men were jailed for murders committed by Sutcliffe, serving a total of over 70 years for crimes they didn't commit. Absolutely sickening watching the 3 major police chiefs associated with the case laughing and celebrating at the capture of Sutcliffe when in reality it was just a couple of PC's doing their job.

Jambo_jim2001
On 27/02/2022 at 20:50, Cade said:

Raised By Wolves.

Absolutely bonkers sci-fi.

Two androids escaping an Earth left almost uninhabitable by a religious/atheist war try to raise kids on an alien planet.

Treads a fine line between interesting, thought provoking and laughably stupid and crap.

Some great ideas but some poor acting and a mixed bag of GFX (some stupendous, some just stupid).

👍 Started watching thanks 😎😎

Disser Pointon
15 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Nice spoiler there for anyone who hasn't watched Vikings. :lol: 

🤣🤣🤣🙈 Figured it was old enough!! 😜

Fire_At_The_Disco
On 28/02/2022 at 16:08, benny said:

1883 finished season 1 last night.

Brilliant TV.

Where are you watching this? I can’t find it. ☹️ 

Edited by Fire_At_The_Disco

John Findlay

On the BBC I player I am enjoying Michael Portillo's coastal rail journeys.

The first series is all around the coast of Scotland.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Just a pity it has to be with Portillo :lol:

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Yes i enjoy this too. Enjoyed all his rail travels around the world. 

Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The episode in Fife was decent where he visited the guy at the old salt pans (St Monans). 

JudyJudyJudy

" The Promise" which was on BBC4  and i think Iplayer.

6 part crime drama about the hunt for child abductor/ murderer.  

Its a French drama and it was very good. 

7/10 

Watched the holiday with Jill halfshilling on c5, actually started ok and was reasonably tense but when the reveal came it just seemed to not fit with the direction it was going. 5/10

BRAVEHEART1874
On 02/03/2022 at 13:00, Disser Pointon said:

watched ep1 was good . I see the last kingdom has a new season also coming out on netflix also

BRAVEHEART1874

power book IV force - tommy. I like these character stories better than the first couple of power seasons, which centred  on ghost and angela a lot

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Watched the holiday with Jill halfshilling on c5, actually started ok and was reasonably tense but when the reveal came it just seemed to not fit with the direction it was going. 5/10

Please tell me you were serious about the actress' name.

Tommy Brown
23 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

It’s Jill halfpenny really. Sorry to shatter whatever thought u we’re having!

Watching Our House on ITV.

Lead role played by Tuppence Middleton. 🤭

8 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Watching Our House on ITV.

Lead role played by Tuppence Middleton. 🤭

That beats halfpenny definitely 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series