Kingston

Broxburn Jambo

Broxburn Jambo

Is it just me or is there lack of criticism for Kingston. Everyone seems very happy to slate guys who are giving us full effort, eg. Robbie, Stewart, etc. but this over-rated Star???? seems to be left out at most times.

If he was truly the great hope then should he not be leading by example.

Do we forget he is also a Vlad signing failure?

HMFCjamieHMFC
Is it just me or is there lack of criticism for Kingston. Everyone seems very happy to slate guys who are giving us full effort, eg. Robbie, Stewart, etc. but this over-rated Star???? seems to be left out at most times.

there was a thread after the falkirk game and hows he a failure

I honestly would get rid. Someone offers ?2m then grab it.

No question he has ability but I would question his attitude.

Never thought he was anything special. We have sold on or got rid of much better IMO

i think there has been a general lack of application across the board over the last few weeks.

But, earlier in the season Larry was the only bright light amongst the mediocrity, and that was with plenty effort too not just ability.

coppercrutch

Totally agree. Some of us said he was World Class. We were wrong. :rolleyes:

His talent is immense. He can be immense in the right games when he feels like it. Ghana being the best example. He is immense for them against quality players. When it comes to his clubs however he seems to lack desire.

Waste - the guy could be a truly great player if he bothered.

Weren't you the one a while back claiming he was better than Essien?

He's not a bad player but I don't find him very effective in the SPL. He's got no pace and doesn't strike me as a leader on the park.

evidently talented but unquestionably questionable attitude.

crucially however I woud add that he is continually played out of position, which may or may not impinge on attitude.

he is the best we have with the ball at his feet and most likley to create. yet we employ him as a wide man hoping he'll get on the end of Stewarts (usually)aimless punts out wide. put simply THE MAN CANNOT RUN. doesnt take a genius to work this out i know of hibby's who have pointed out this out. why play a lad who cannot run in a role that requires an engine and an athletes legs. give him the central berth where he'd have no option but to be more involved and with a good defending midfielder in beside him i reckon we'd get better value for money out of him.

(appreciate he plays out wide for the national team but there he's along side great players playing a totally different style of football).

Across all our 'highly' paid players, there does seem to be a sense of averageness, under achievement, whichever way you want to look at it.

Most likely to do with the coaching and the way the club is run, but I'm still bitterly dissaapointed in all of them. Not one of them has managed to string a single game for months now showing the right combination of skill or application.

maroonlegions

to me i think certain players just gave up , things stink from top to bottom at hearts just now , there are reasons for the "why bother" attitude", they must find it hard to get motivated knowing there is no European place to fight for , moral down with finishing in the bottom six , no cup finale, i know this is no justification for the "why bother attitude" considering the money some of them are on but a players mental state is just as important as his physical condition , vlad and mr Mann might be trying to hide the lunacy at the club right now but the performances on the pitch this season reflect the lunacy and stupidity at the club and thats something the above too cannae hide.:rolleyes::P

I've said this for the last few weeks, I think he is a luxury player, the kind you can afford to have when you're flying high, but he isn't a grafter.

When we're scraping around at the bottom of the league you need a player that tracks back, works hard and contributes to the team effort. Kingston, for me, doesn't do any of that.

Totally agree. Some of us said he was World Class. We were wrong. :rolleyes:

His talent is immense. He can be immense in the right games when he feels like it. Ghana being the best example. He is immense for them against quality players. When it comes to his clubs however he seems to lack desire.

Waste - the guy could be a truly great player if he bothered.

Yes I remember one poster suggesting the world class line ... can't remember who it was though.

I am sick of seeing him play for Hearts. His time here has been a story of what could have been. Some great goals, a few assists and showboating occasionally. But mostly histrionics, lying on the floor pretending to be injured, not getting onto the field because of 'injuries', calling a referee racist for sending him off, walking back after losing the ball.

I suggest that as said when he first came to Hearts - his extra 'quality' when playing for Ghana rather than the ragbag of clubs he has been at has been about Essien rather than Kingston. Essien is a machine who would make No 28 look good. Well perhaps that is too far.

Kingston - has cost how much? How much of the ?4.8m for his transfer fee? ?5k or ?10k or ?15k per week in wages? Time for him to go.

Kingston has lost interest playing with a bunch of dross around him.

When he plays for Ghana wide right he has Michael Essien in the midfield,

a World Class player

In our midfield he has Michael Stewart ....who is not even SPL class

Sell on Kingston and retain Stewart... relegation looms.

Yes I remember one poster suggesting the world class line ... can't remember who it was though.

Might have been me, I think he is world class. Ghana are a quality outfit and he's a regular in their midfield that includes the likes of Essien, Muntari and Appiah. You don't get regular games in these teams if you're average.

However, I will agree his application sometimes lacks at Hearts. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that under a proper manager *cough* he will flourish a bit more.

And in terms of the original post, I think the reason more talented players get less stick is precisely that. People know they have talent so they get cut more slack. Not saying that's how it should be but that's how it seems.

Might have been me, I think he is world class. Ghana are a quality outfit and he's a regular in their midfield that includes the likes of Essien, Muntari and Appiah. You don't get regular games in these teams if you're average.

However, I will agree his application sometimes lacks at Hearts. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that under a proper manager *cough* he will flourish a bit more.

And in terms of the original post, I think the reason more talented players get less stick is precisely that. People know they have talent so they get cut more slack. Not saying that's how it should be but that's how it seems.

That is not logical. Perhaps he is the only other player available to Ghana. Perhaps their other good players make him look good.

Under a proper manager he would certainly not get away with his awful application on the field. Would be interesting to see him try to get away with walking back up the field if his manager was Alex Ferguson.

That is not logical. Perhaps he is the only other player available to Ghana. Perhaps their other good players make him look good.

Under a proper manager he would certainly not get away with his awful application on the field. Would be interesting to see him try to get away with walking back up the field if his manager was Alex Ferguson.

I'm pretty sure we're all agreed that the coaching and general management of the first team is/has been a total shambles. I believe it demotivates players and it's no wonder some of them look like they couldn't give a toss.

Again, i'm not saying that's how it should be but that is how it appears.

Only a Game
Kingston has lost interest playing with a bunch of dross around him.

When he plays for Ghana wide right he has Michael Essien in the midfield,

a World Class player

In our midfield he has Michael Stewart ....who is not even SPL class

Sell on Kingston and retain Stewart... relegation looms.

Perhaps he'd be a much better player with better players around him. There's not much doubt he threw the towel in (with a few others) quite early on in the season.

Doesnt say much for his attitude but I'd say keep him a while longer and see if his value grows a bit but I think its a must that the squad is revamped and we get a motivational manager who can gee up players like him.

When he first came he looked a ?5million player. We'd be very lucky to get ?2 million just now so for that reason alone, I'd keep him (unless of course some club down south or elsewhere wants to take a big money chance on him)

When he first came he looked a ?5million player.

Is it not a case that he looked a better player than he was due to the ral lack of quality around him?

He is a gifted player, but using him out wide is a waste of his passing ability.

Again, Frails fault.

NEVER a ?5m player though I've got his signed strip so if anyone wants to offer money for that...

Weren't you the one a while back claiming he was better than Essien?

No I didn't.

Get your facts right.

walton1983

Doubt we will get any big club wanting to pay ?2m for him. In the last 5 years he has only played around 90 games in total and has not played for a really big club. He has only scored around 8 goals in these games and can hardly be described as reliable.He will also be 28 this year so any big move would need to happen soon.He is a talented player when applying himself but unfortunately that is not too often.

This is the point that really gets to me, Robbie Neilson is NEVER going to be a great footballer, Laryea Kingston potentially could be, but look who puts the most effort in tries to be the best he can be.

Yep, Kingston had the perfect opportunity to shine in the last 5games but has been a major dissappointment.

Players like Neilson, Zaliukas, Berra, Miko etc maybe(well definately) do not pocess the same skills as him but at least they try.

Yep, Kingston had the perfect opportunity to shine in the last 5games but has been a major dissappointment.

Players like Neilson, Zaliukas, Berra, Miko etc maybe(well definately) do not pocess the same skills as him but at least they try.

Spot on!

I can cope with players who do do not possess great skill, but players who have it and simply don't put the workrate in are frauds.

Give me a team full of Banks, Neilsons, Berra's anyday over Kingstons, Pinilla's etc.

Spot on!

I can cope with players who do do not possess great skill, but players who have it and simply don't put the workrate in are frauds.

Give me a team full of Banks, Neilsons, Berra's anyday over Kingstons, Pinilla's etc.

This is a grey area. In an ideal world you want talented determined players with great workrate.

But one or the other isn`t enough either. Forgive me, but i couldn`t hack a team full of Neilson`s. There comes a time where you have to say "ok, he tries but he`s a sheeite player".

And sheeite players will take you no where no matter how much they try. Ideally, you want a manager who can spot players with a good dose of both talent and workrate and who can inspire the more luxurious of players to put in a harder shift.

To take the club up a level you always need to look to raise the talent level while maintaining a good hard working ethic about the team.

We have fell distinctly short on both this season.

Archived