New Strips

Jabba

I thought I read somewhere that it's the badge of McRaes battalion during the war?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

When did Hearts first have strips with the badge on them? (1970s?)

From where (and when) does the badge on the new strip originate?

I like this strip (and badge) but I also think the current hearts badge is incredible. I realise this is likely to be a one season change but I'd have preferred this tribute badge to have been limited to the away strip. Nonetheless, I'll be buying a large number of these strips.

1874 we had a heart. 1911 we had a heart with a castle in it according to historical football kits.

Brian Badonde

I said at the start of the season I was getting too old for football tops and this season was my last and I would only buy for the wee man. One more year cant hurt?

queensferryjambo

When did Hearts first have strips with the badge on them? (1970s?)

Think the first type of logo design / badge rather than a plain shirt was seen on this shirt -

heart-of-midlothian-home-football-shirt-1972-1973-s_36331_1.jpg

Here is a selection of badges on players shirts from he 1970s to the early 2000s - apart from the badge re-design 98/99 there isn't much of a difference over time.

desktop_zpsbaecfa2a.jpg

Tommy Wiseau

Our current badge is truly bloody glorious, tbf. Just look at the thing.

At least if the strips on the first page are original mock ups we wont have to suffer Adidas's sh1t pre-release build up teaser shots!!!

Unknown user

Our current badge is truly bloody glorious, tbf. Just look at the thing.

It is aye, but we nearly never got that one, mind pieman wanted to update the badge to a circular thing?

Pants Shaton

Could it be the badge the club used in that period?

Presumably that's true, I just wondered if someone could confirm that.

Also pretty sure that, with the exception of the plain white heart on very early Hearts strips, we didn't have badges on our strips until pretty recently.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Presumably that's true, I just wondered if someone could confirm that.

Also pretty sure that, with the exception of the plain white heart on very early Hearts strips, we didn't have badges on our strips until pretty recently.

Thought I'd seen a plain white strip with a maroon heart from the eighteen hundreds?

Bowmans_Boot

I love the Argentina style away top but I wish we had an away strip of red, white and blue as a nod to our tradition and history.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I love the Argentina style away top but I wish we had an away strip of red, white and blue as a nod to our tradition and history.

That's what the white and maroon strip does. The St Andrews Cross in our badge covers that brief period of our clubs history where we swallowed up another team and used their colours for a wee bit.

Gregory House M.D.

Think the first type of logo design / badge rather than a plain shirt was seen on this shirt -

heart-of-midlothian-home-football-shirt-1972-1973-s_36331_1.jpg

Here is a selection of badges on players shirts from he 1970s to the early 2000s - apart from the badge re-design 98/99 there isn't much of a difference over time.

desktop_zpsbaecfa2a.jpg

There was at least 3 different badges before that one and 4 if you include the strip when we bought over St. Andrews. We had the plain heart on our original kits, the aforementioned st. Andrews, the 1911 kit would appear to have a badge of somekind which I am assuming is an early version on the badge Tommy Walker is seen sporting in a photo of him as a player.

In fact, looking it up on HFK, we had a logo/badge on our jerseys for the first 9 years of our existence. After that we never had another badge for 18 years (1911).

I'd be tempted to say that the 1911 kit is wrong however as Tommy Walker is sporting the badge that is on it but none of the strips that run with his playing career have badges on HFK.

The first time we used the HMFC heart according to this was 1977-1982's famous strip.

Gregory House M.D.

Red, white and blue has nothing to do with Hearts' tradition. You already knew that though. :rolleyes:

At what point does 'history' start ?

Clubs evolve and change, we did, clubs like Manchester United did, all sorts have clubs have changed name, colours etc through the ages. There is no fixed point in time after which nothing can change.

Tradition is fantastic but let's not let it blind us from change and innovation. We may love our current crest but it has not been with us since day one for example.

That home shirt is a shirt i would wear to every Hearts game for life. No reason to buy another shirt (other than to give the club more money)

Bowmans_Boot

Red, white and blue has nothing to do with Hearts' tradition. You already knew that though. :rolleyes:

It does. I am all for celebrating tradition and history.

Gregory House M.D.

Badge on the strip appears on a letter in the 1930's. Photo on the website.

0,,10289~3565985,00.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

How many seasons did we use the St Andrews colours? More than the two seasons where we have had the Argentina style strips?

Gregory House M.D.

It does. I am all for celebrating tradition and history.

This argument gets dull and tedious very quickly so I'm not going to bother entering it. You carry on making yourself look ignorant in the name of a troll though.

Gregory House M.D.

How many seasons did we use the St Andrews colours? More than the two seasons where we have had the Argentina style strips?

One season.

Bowmans_Boot

This argument gets dull and tedious very quickly so I'm not going to bother entering it. You carry on making yourself look ignorant in the name of a troll though.

Im not trolling. I believe in celebrating history and tradition. And I am not that interested in debating with a fake Man U fan who clearly knows nothing about our history.

Gregory House M.D.

So it is in fact less of a tradition than the Argentina away strip.

Indeed. In fact, it's as traditional as the white sleeved hibsish floodlight kit from the 50's.

Gregory House M.D.

Im not trolling. I believe in celebrating history and tradition. And I am not that interested in debating with a fake Man U fan who clearly knows nothing about our history.

I'm heartbroken. :sob:

Gregory House M.D.

That's been clear since about 1.43pm to be fair.

Aye, tears and snotters on my good 99 European Cup shirt :sob:

:wiggo:

Aye, tears and snotters on my good 99 European Cup shirt :sob:

:wiggo:

I'm just winding you up Enzo :)

Like the username btw, cant beat some Assassins Creed :thumbsup:

Edit. What does wiggo mean?

Gregory House M.D.

I'm just winding you up Enzo :)

Like the username btw, cant beat some Assassins Creed :thumbsup:

Edit. What does wiggo mean?

It's an old, defunct kickback smiley - sdcuhk.jpg

Arthur Morgan

What a lovely home top that is! Away ain't bad either! :sweeet:

Unfortunately it's a fake though, clearly been photoshopped...:whistling:

The strip in the pic will be a pre production sample. Hence no inside label and poor looking quality.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It is not "cool" "smart" or any other positive adjective. It is a maroon dish towel, the same bloodied turd coloured rag piece of crap that they have always had. Bowfin!!!

:lol:

Great to see that even our new strip brings hurt to them.

I'd be surprised if Adidas are genuinely furious about this leak. It's done them no harm whatsoever, raised interest and anticipation and if we're ripe and ready for a teaser campaign. You'd almost think these things happened on purpose. :ninja::)

Player modelling shots are a wee bit different right enough.

i'm assuming there will be a sponsors logo of some description when we exit administration, are wonga still in the frame?

i'm assuming there will be a sponsors logo of some description when we exit administration, are wonga still in the frame?

As far as I've been made aware there will be no sponsor on the front of the home top

As far as I've been made aware there will be no sponsor on the front of the home top

that will be truly unbelievable if true and obviously not by choice, hopefully when/if we exit admin something will be negotiated quick still.........

that will be truly unbelievable if true and obviously not by choice, hopefully when/if we exit admin something will be negotiated quick still.........

It's not to say there won't be anything on the back of the top,just told wouldn't be sponsor on front

I think it is be choice, as the Away top will have the usual sponsor logo on it.

I think it is be choice, as the Away top will have the usual sponsor logo on it.

That's what I've heard.

Why?

Any word on colour of shorts and socks?

heart_of_midlothian-1912-1919_ak.gif Would love to see socks like this for a season.

As for the away, maroon, white or blue shorts? Socks?

bruno_1685104a.jpg

tynie_legend

Love the strips, will certainly be getting the home top if it looks like this.

Had an estate agent out a few weeks ago from McEwan Fraser and was told that they have been approached to be the shirt sponsor for next season.

Had an estate agent out a few weeks ago from McEwan Fraser and was told that they have been approached to be the shirt sponsor for next season.

Don't want those cowboys anywhere near our strips.

Ha! For anyone who was against Wonga (not me), these guys are worse, by miles.

Gross they use to sponsor Hibs.

McEwan's daughter is a nice lass though

If_you_know_what_I_mean.png

Dallas Green

Don't want second hand hobo sponsors.

Archived