Youth Cup semi final

gordie1968

JamboGraham

City council made a few bob today.

Noticed that....every car on McLeod street with a ticket! Way to ruin the afternoon for a lot of people!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine team performance and many very good individual performances, well done the wee Jambos!

Dallas Green

Noticed that....every car on McLeod street with a ticket! Way to ruin the afternoon for a lot of people!

The funny thing is some of the signs about the parking restrictions have been covered by Hearts stickers :facepalm:

Hungry hippo

Dale Carrick has now scored 9 goals in this season's tournament.

3 v Spartans

2 v Hamilton Accies

2 v Formartine Utd

1 v Queen's Park

1 v Kilmarnock Edit: his 2nd goal has been credited as an own goal to Greg Taylor

:sweeet:

The second was definitely an own goal. Carrick didn't get near it.

JamboGraham

Danny Wilson was also at the game...obviously not our usual steward team on duty today! He had a real "don't you know who I am" moment as he tried to enter the car park at the ticket office...He was not amused to say the least...

Never really troubled by Killie and was as comfortable as scoreline suggests...First team regulars aside i was impressed (again) by Angus Beith. Liam Smith looks another promising lad.

Maroon Sailor

Never really troubled by Killie and was as comfortable as scoreline suggests...First team regulars aside i was impressed (again) by Angus Beith. Liam Smith looks another promising lad.

I was more impressed with Liam Gordon than Liam Smith

The second was definitely an own goal. Carrick didn't get near it.

FFS!

It shoulda been ten, it shoulda been teeeeeen...

anyone there want to pass comment on the ref? decent boy, mate of mine and delighted to see him given a game like this already.

I've seen Evan doing some junior games this season and he's an improvement on some of the s@@te I see,only saw 2nd half and was pretty decent.

I never had one on my car just outside the High School.

Dallas Green

I never had one on my car just outside the High School.

They were on all the ones round the corner past the school. Ticket guy must have had a raging one after seeing them all lined up.

Hungry hippo

I was more impressed with Liam Gordon than Liam Smith

I agree. Gordon was the one that impressed me most out of the non first-teamers.

They were on all the ones round the corner past the school. Ticket guy must have had raging one after seeing them all lined up.

I was parked 100 yards down from the tynie arms on opposite side and 3 other stewards were parked near me as well.

I agree. Gordon was the one that impressed me most out of the non first-teamers.

Very impressed with both performances but as a right bk thought Smith didn't look out of place on the left !!

The Kille report has some wonderful stuff including below...

'The opening stages of the match were fairly open with both sides looking to take full advantage of the wide open spaces that the Tynecastle pitch provides.'

Now I love our ground but one thing I would never associate it with is 'wide open spaces',,,,,,,,they do however report it fairly well

'Killie continued to battle on after losing the third goal and made every effort to hassle the Hearts players in possession but the home side closed out the game with class and could have added a fourth before full time when King set-up Buchanan but his effort was deflected wide.

Hearts deserved their win but the match will have provided a good experience for a young Killie side who have enough talent in their ranks to come back next year and have a real go at reaching the final four for the third season in a row.'

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Clearly a decent coach helps these guys....

;-)

Aye being part of Locke's first team squad week in week out certainly seems to have brought them on. They're definitely above average in their age group now.

Dallas Green

I was parked 100 yards down from the tynie arms on opposite side and 3 other stewards were parked near me as well.

Ok. Not where I described they were though. It was along the bottom of the new high school on the road that runs parallel to Gorgie Road. Not sure why I would lie about it if that is what you are getting at.

Angus Beith stroked a couple of diagonals ala Ian Black (pre July 2012). Looked very comfortable in the middle.

Scott Wilson on form as ever, great crack at the lad with a pineapple on his head.

Private Womble

The Kille report has some wonderful stuff including below...

'The opening stages of the match were fairly open with both sides looking to take full advantage of the wide open spaces that the Tynecastle pitch provides.'

That's alot of openness.

Maroon Sailor

Angus Beith stroked a couple of diagonals ala Ian Black (pre July 2012). Looked very comfortable in the middle.

Scott Wilson on form as ever, great crack at the lad with a pineapple on his head.

" straight from the hairdressers "

Laughed at the linesman running the Wheatfield getting attacked by the inflatable sausage !

Dallas Green

Some of the bits of skill from King and Nicholson were outstanding. Really enjoyed the quick passing football they seemed to want to play.

Some dodgy moment at the back but really good performance overall I thought.

Jingle Bells

anyone there want to pass comment on the ref? decent boy, mate of mine and delighted to see him given a game like this already.

He allowed the game to flow quite well and both my pal and I both thought he was better than some of the SPFL refs witnessed this season.

Well done to the Wee JTs

He allowed the game to flow quite well and both my pal and I both thought he was better than some of the SPFL refs witnessed this season.

Well done to the Wee JTs

Best ref at Tynecastle this season.

Jingle Bells

Best ref at Tynecastle this season.

Tend to agree but we also know that some of them have been "at it" as well this season.

On an aside it was good to see Sam playing some of the game on the right hand side from where he was able to drive forward, rather than cut inside, and score a good individual goal as a result.

Ok. Not where I described they were though. It was along the bottom of the new high school on the road that runs parallel to Gorgie Road. Not sure why I would lie about it if that is what you are getting at.

I was first car in that queue and didn't get a ticket . A couple of people discussed the no parking sign and decided to risk it a couple moved away. so sorry for causing the queue but I have a "blue you canny give me a ticket sucker badge"

Dallas Green

I was first car in that queue and didn't get a ticket . A couple of people discussed the no parking sign and decided to risk it a couple moved away. so sorry for causing the queue but I have a "blue you canny give me a ticket sucker badge"

I did noticed two cars there with no ticket and did wonder. The wind was strong so I wondered if a few blew away :s

My dad has one of they badges too :D he loves it.

Felt like we could have stepped it up a notch, and we could have hit far more shots during the game.

That being said, fantastic game. Boys played very well.

Got a cally fan to buy a hearts top today.

:jjyay:

Would be nice to see the Scottish and English youth cup winners playing off for the best of British cup, I think we could compete at this level regardless of who was representing Scotland.

I enjoyed the game. Felt that those with first team experience stood out, Nicholson and King in particular, but no player looked out of place. Well, 'keeper flapped a few times. Also interesting to see Gordon's preferred distribution tactic is to pass to feet. That won't catch on with Locke in charge.

maroonlegions

I enjoyed the game. Felt that those with first team experience stood out, Nicholson and King in particular, but no player looked out of place. Well, 'keeper flapped a few times. Also interesting to see Gordon's preferred distribution tactic is to pass to feet. That won't catch on with Locke in charge.

"just boot it up the park". lol.

Nice to see jack hamilton back,he was very vocal which was good.Didnt have many saves to make but good when he did.

Would like to see him get a chance in the first team even for one game,just to get a feel of the bigger games.

Nice to see jack hamilton back,he was very vocal which was good.Didnt have many saves to make but good when he did.

Would like to see him get a chance in the first team even for one game,just to get a feel of the bigger games.

I see what you are saying but I felt he looked shaky. Not ready for the first team IMO.

MacDonald Jardine

He didn't get near a cross all day.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Lord Beni of Gorgie

"just boot it up the park". lol.

You haven't watched the last 4 games then?

You haven't watched the last 4 games then?

Dunno about the dude you asked but I have. I watched us shell it high to McCallum when Carrick wasn't fit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Dunno about the dude you asked but I have. I watched us shell it high to McCallum when Carrick wasn't fit.

McCallum has only played 45 mins in the last 4. I like to think they are has been some positivity lately.

a young Killie side who have enough talent in their ranks to come back next year and have a real go at reaching the final four for the third season in a row.'

How can they get to the final for the 3rd season in a row when they only made the semi?

gashauskis9

How can they get to the final for the 3rd season in a row when they only made the semi?

Final four chief, read again.

Archived