Youth Cup semi final

gordie1968

Is the above on this Saturday as I believe there's an u20 s at Tynie this week should be a decent crowd as there's no senior game on.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
al_hearts65

Yes, tickets from the ticket office or cash gates for both sets of fans ?5/?3, there are 3 of us going along, a good crowd would be great for the young lads. No online or phone sales

Will be a very strong Hearts team, plenty of the first team young lads on show. Should be a cracker of a game.

Maroon Sailor

Will be a very strong Hearts team, plenty of the first team young lads on show.

Who are likely to play ?

Footballfirst

Who are likely to play ?

McGhee, King, Carrick, Oliver, Nicholson and maybe Paterson of those who have first team experience.

Maroon Sailor

McGhee, King, Carrick, Oliver, Nicholson and maybe Paterson of those who have first team experience.

That is going to be a pretty strong line up

maroonlegions

So what part of the ground are they opening up for us. Might go a long as i am on a long weekend.

Dagger Is Back

So what part of the ground are they opening up for us. Might go a long as i am on a long weekend.

Main stand

Buffalo Bill

Looking forward to being there. Get yourselves along folks. Cracking match and a chance to raise some revenue for the club.

maroonlegions

Looking forward to being there. Get yourselves along folks. Cracking match and a chance to raise some revenue for the club.

This.

Fiver to get in, pints in the pub, some cash going to Hearts or go to IKEA with Mrs, walk around bored, moaning about when are we going for meat balls chips and gravy, no brainier really, i will be there.

maroonlegions

Confirmed on the EEN sports page that we will field six first team players, Killie are doing the same, lets get along and make some noise.

Hearts will enlist six first-team players for Saturday?s SFA Youth Cup semi-final with Kilmarnock at Tynecastle, with coach Robbie Neilson calling on Callum Paterson, Sam Nicholson, Dale Carrick, Billy King, Jordan McGhee and Gary Oliver"

should be a close game if both teams send out strong players - looking forward to this one with 4 others

I honestly think this will be great. In a season where Hearts have had to rely on youngsters (and haven't they done us proud), they get a semi-final at Tynecastle bn a day with few other football distrations.

I hope 3 or 4,000 turn up, the weather is great and we get a Hearts win.

The man who loved beer

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-call-up-six-first-teamers-for-youth-cup-tie-1-3371786

Confirmation that there'll be a few of the first team playing. I almost thought this was a bit unfair but see that Killie are doing the same. Good luck to us.

Unfair!!!?

Not liking this school of thought at all. Expected to hear this from our competitors, especially if we go on to the final or even win it, but not our own. If they are U20 and available ie not involved with the first team, then they play. Nothing remotely unfair about it.

Maroon Sailor

Unfair!!!?

Not liking this school of thought at all. Expected to hear this from our competitors, especially if we go on to the final or even win it, but not our own. If they are U20 and available ie not involved with the first team, then they play. Nothing remotely unfair about it.

Yip - can't blame the club for playing them in first team fixtures - no choice.

We_are_the_Hearts

Have they all not played at some point in the competition already? You could only describe Paterson as a first team regular this season.

This.

Fiver to get in, pints in the pub, some cash going to Hearts or go to IKEA with Mrs, walk around bored, moaning about when are we going for meat balls chips and gravy, no brainier really, i will be there.

Post of the month!!

Fxxx the SPFL

Four of us going few bevvies in the Ardmillan before the game and a few more after.

itsnomarooned

Unfair!!!?

My remark was very much tongue in cheek.

Using this event to introduce my nieces son to football his name is Killian, Killi for short but I am sure I can convert him tomorrow.

Using this event to introduce my nieces son to football his name is Killian, Killi for short but I am sure I can convert him tomorrow.

Nice one mate, good luck!

I've decided I'm definitely going. Trying to persuade as many others as possible to do likewise. Should be a cracker.

portobellojambo1

Take a wee wander along Gorgie Road for this game tomorrow, sounds as if both teams, given who they are pulling in from their first team squads, want to do well, so it could be an interesting encounter.

jamboinglasgow

I presume with Hamilton on loan at Hamilton it will Sneddon in goals.

heartsfc_fan

Are we not allowed overage players? Ridgers?

I am sure I read on Hearts website when his loan was announced that Jack Hamilton would return for tomorrows game.

Footballfirst

I'm sure that the loan deal with East Fife included his release for Youth Cup ties.

Edit: http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20140328/jack-moves-to-methil_2241384_3737367

"That said, he will be coming back to play in the SFA Youth Cup and the option is there to recall him fully at any time.

Was Sneddon at Partick on Saturday? There was some wee laddie warming up with Jamie, Combe and Ridgers?

heartsfc_fan

Was Sneddon at Partick on Saturday? There was some wee laddie warming up with Jamie, Combe and Ridgers?

He was warming up v Aberdeen. Not sure about the Partick game.

jamboinglasgow

I'm sure that the loan deal with East Fife included his release for Youth Cup ties.

Edit: http://www.heartsfc....2241384_3737367

"That said, he will be coming back to play in the SFA Youth Cup and the option is there to recall him fully at any time.

Thats good, makes it an even stronger team.

Could the team be:

Hamilton

Paterson, Gordon, McGhee, Smith

King, Beith, Scott, Nicholson

Oliver, Carrick

With amount of experienced talent we have that are all attacking players its hard to fit them in, hence a 4-4-2 with Paterson at right back.

He was warming up v Aberdeen. Not sure about the Partick game.

Sure he was, with Jordan miler on loan to Herriot watt Jamie has been deputising for jack, sure Jamie will be on the bench tomorrow

Thats good, makes it an even stronger team.

Could the team be:

Hamilton

Paterson, Gordon, McGhee, Smith

King, Beith, Scott, Nicholson

Oliver, Carrick

With amount of experienced talent we have that are all attacking players its hard to fit them in, hence a 4-4-2 with Paterson at right back.

That looks very much an attacking team, Smith switching to left bk with Paterson coming in at right bk.

Archived