Vlad arrested?

Tazio

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GhostHunter

I'm sure I read somewhere that his sister (or mother) paid $250m into Ukio to try and prevent it from collapsing.

I wonder if his arrest will have any implications to the Ukio creditors/UBIG creditors ?

Jamie Borthwick ?@jamiekborthwick 5 mins

That's your Vladimir Romanov been arrested in Moscow then.

Jamie Borthwick ?@jamiekborthwick 2 mins

Romanov had been on the run after a warrant was issued for his arrest on grounds of embezzlement and misappropriation of property.

All well and good but I do wonder when SDM will suffer the same fate. Oh wait a minute I forgot that there is no corruption in Scottish football or life in general, just those pesky foreigners in far off lands don't you know.

Guest GhostHunter

With my pessimistic hat on - the meeting yesterday between BDO and UKIO lawyers kind of makes sense, as does the fact no statement came out.

This news gives me a horrible feeling in my tummy.

All roads lead to Gorgie

More good news. Well done the Moscow :bobby:

JoseQuitongosDreadlocks

Karma.....Vlad....Karma.....Don't mess with hearts...probably quite a good motto to live by in any case.

I hope it was a Bourne-esque type chase through the city streets before he was captured.

Hopefully an even more exciting escape awaits.....

" He's turned right up ahead.....the fool, that leads to the abandoned docks....he's got himself trapped......wait....is that a submarine?"

With my pessimistic hat on - the meeting yesterday between BDO and UKIO lawyers kind of makes sense, as does the fact no statement came out.

Why?

loveofthegame

Think you are putting 2+2 together and getting 5 Dex.

Vlad has nout to do with UKIO now. This should have no impact at all.

Guest GhostHunter

Think you are putting 2+2 together and getting 5 Dex.

Vlad has nout to do with UKIO now. This should have no impact at all.

Probably.

Coffee Come Down Sucks.

Nookie Bear

So what are the implications for us with his arrest? Any?

Who knows but I find it hard to believe that we are not implicated in some way.

Has anyone else heard the rumour that UKIO wouldn't agree the CVA until we handed Vlad over and that's why he had to negotiate with Jackson yesterday?

Good work by Jackson if so, happily give Vlad up so we can get this share transfer through.

heartsfc_fan

Has anyone else heard the rumour that UKIO wouldn't agree the CVA until we handed Vlad over and that's why he had to negotiate with Jackson yesterday?

Good work by Jackson if so, happily give Vlad up so we can get this share transfer through.

:rofl: Really?

Ha Ha I hope this is true, but can't believe a word of it.

Hmmm. "Grass" McPake disappears off the Edinburgh scene for a few weeks and Romanov gets arrested? Coincidence? I don't think so.

Sweet prince. No doubt will run the joint, become a godfather type figure and leave jail richer and more powerful than before

Right.

Because we've secretly been covering for him the whole time.

:facepalm:

tartofmidlothian

I believe that's where David Southern's been, I heard he was parachuted into Moscow over the weekend to make the arrest.

But seriously, I thought Vlad was under some kind of protection there. Wonder if someone gave him up? Or if his interview the other week pissed off the wrong people?

Good Lord this movie is practically writing itself

"You double crossed me?"

"I had to Vlad.....I had no choice"

"You'll regret this Jackson.....I promise"

"Afraid not.....they're sending you to the gulag in Taga forest.....no-one comes out of there alive"

"I'll be back"

Ahh the old conspiracy theories eh.

Why would Jackson even know where Vlad was anyway?

Brilliant if true though

Didn't think Russia was keen on extraditing it's own citizens.

He must have done something to piss off the authorities there.

Right.

Well that what I heard, like a scene from face off we have secretly implanted him into the hubz forward line under the name Collins

How much of our debt was owed to Vlad and his companies? ?20 million?

If he gets convicted, does that mean we've stiffed a crook for his cash? We'll have practically done the world a favour. We're better than the ******* A-Team.

Hahaha I'm enjoying this thread!

I've got movie theme tunes running through my head as Vlad is trying to escape the clutches of the Moscow police, only to be thwarted by Bryan Jackson in a bright blue and red BDO cape. :laugh4:

john brownlee

Just think of all the crooks in the country that benefited from the banking crisis including brown n Blair there're not getting chased yet. But their day will come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Franco Fascione

Sweet prince. No doubt will run the joint, become a godfather type figure and leave jail richer and more powerful than before

I hope he becomes someone's bitch. Karma soap on a rope Vlad.....

I wonder if they'll strip him of his strictly come dancing trophy, when they extradite him. Oh the shame.

I suppose " people" have had it in for him in Russia for some years. Many invested ( ie sent money out of the country to a safe haven) in his bank.

Many will have lost millions when it collapsed.

Right.

No honestly mate I got told from someone close to BDO that it was part of the deal we had to hand him over.

If you think Jackson & Co didn't know his location the whole time then your a part time fan mate.

Ahh the old conspiracy theories eh.

Why would Jackson even know where Vlad was anyway?

Brilliant if true though

Jacksons been working with him for week, trying to sort out the shares.

Francis Albert

I can't see this having any impact on us. The Hearts shares and all the other UBIG and Ukio assets no longer belong to Vlad.

"I want to come in"

"ok ....how do you want to do it"

"There was a guy in Edinburgh, he was part of the administrators....St Andrews square, 30 mins, send him alone....give him your phone"

"What if I can't find him"

"It's easy.....he's standing right next to you"

Locked in a cupboard in Tynecastle - NAP

Don't you mean the Hibs Trophy Room. That way he would never have been found.

Billy the Jambo

I hope this is true and the courts give him the maximum sentence possible .If that happens i wont be surprised if some idiots on here who still worship him set up an appeal to raise funds for visits to jail to kiss his arse

Didn't think Russia was keen on extraditing it's own citizens.

He must have done something to piss off the authorities there.

Obviously a sop to the West as they continue to annex territory in Ukraine.

:conspiracy:

I heard a deal was struck with Putin, that if we gave him free reign in the Crimea he would hand over Vlad. That was from Craig Gordon's sister hairdresser.

I hope this is true and the courts give him the maximum sentence possible .If that happens i wont be surprised if some idiots on here who still worship him set up an appeal to raise funds for visits to jail to kiss his arse

Good point actually mate.

I wonder how much his bail will be set at? Maybe we could set up a JKB fund?

Archived