Surely it can't get any worse can it?

Course it bloody can!

We shall see what we shall see.

We_are_the_Hearts
this season.....

Roll on the 14th July.

We said that at the end of last season.

The spirit, motivation, leadership, identity could all be easily changed. All it takes is Vlad to employ a manager in the style of Burley and give him 100% control. Until then the situation can defo get worse. it won't happen though (manager appointment) as Vlads primary objective is NOT success on the pitch.

shaun.lawson
Shaun,

Just interested to know if you still think we will get a manager. Your quite strong in your belief that we would get McGee or similar after the 1/1 statement and your radio chat with CM.

Just wondered if your were maybe re-considering or waivering slightly in your belief?

Yes, I'm waivering! I no longer think it'll be McGhee, as posters in the know are convinced he's pulled out after not receiving the assurances he needed. Which leaves Davies (good chance, in my opinion), Jefferies (just possible), or Brown (aarrgghh!). I'm pretty confident we will appoint a proper manager, mind, and that Frail will be on his uppers. But June 30 remains my cut-off date: if it hasn't happened by then, well...

Yes, I'm waivering! I no longer think it'll be McGhee, as posters in the know are convinced he's pulled out after not receiving the assurances he needed. Which leaves Davies (good chance, in my opinion), Jefferies (just possible), or Brown (aarrgghh!). I'm pretty confident we will appoint a proper manager, mind, and that Frail will be on his uppers. But June 30 remains my cut-off date: if it hasn't happened by then, well...

I would take a Davies and Brown dream team :) it would have to be Craig brown though...that billy is a (.)

Could be a lot worse, just look at the state Gretna are in.

That could quite easily be us in the not to distant future!

I predict bottom 6 again next year and it wont be because we cant win our 33rd game this time

:sad:

Would take JJ back in a flash....

that's how much my expectations have fallen.

It did from last season to this season I guess

And not many people thought it could get worse then - given our resources and apparent intentions of the ownership etc

Imagine the response had any one last close season posted that they thought we would have been bottom six and would win only one game out of 8 against Gretna and Kilmarnock

They would have been hounded out of this town and derided as a hobo.

So I guess one serious question that needs addressed is this.

Can we rely on Hamilton to be as bad, or nearly as bad as Gretna?

Serious question

The Old Tolbooth
this season.....

Roll on the 14th July.

Ahh, the 14th of July, I reckon if we put in one of our rare better performances that we could hold Glentoran to a draw :confused:

shaun.lawson
Fair enough suprised you think Davies is a possibility. On the basis that McGee asked for certain assurances which he was not affordeed, I can't see Davies taking it as he won't be given the assurances either. No doubt he will request them, particulary considering his issues with owners in the past.

Jefferies is probably a possibility on the basis that he would be prepared to accepted certain condition that may be placed upon him. Though not even convinced there.

Ultimately, Vlad needs to make concessions on certain issues. Which whilst they may be big for him are the norm in footballing circles. If that does not happen we will not get a manager and if we do it won't last long.

Time will tell, I guess. Though if not I do think it times for the fans to make it clear that this is not acceptable. In the main as a group of fans we have been very apathetic to some of the thing Vlad has done in the last couple of years.

Thing is though, while McGhee is now higher profile and more marketable as a manager than ever, Davies isn't. We need MM way, way more than he needs us, meaning he can set out a particularly strong bargaining position - but I'm not convinced the same applies to BD. Plus, counter-intuitive though it might sound, there may be an element of "**** or bust" to a manager considering us: because of Romanov's horrendous reputation, if a manager fails at Hearts (or more likely, is simply forced out), the football world are far more likely to blame VR, rather than whoever happened to be the incumbent. So it's pretty close to a win-win: take us back to success, and you're a hero; fail, and it clearly wasn't your fault anyway.

All of which, I think, applies to Davies. It depends, though, on whether he fancies making a name for himself again in the SPL (so positioning himself for the Rangers job when Uncle Wattie retires, and/or McCoist hasn't proved a success as his replacement), or if he'd prefer to take his chance in the crazy, ruthless world of the Championship again. Who knows? After Preston and Derby, he may well fancy a change, if only for two or three years.

Meanwhile, our bargaining position becomes much stronger with JJ, who'd all but walk over broken glass to become our manager again. All that said though, if Frail doesn't get the gig, but Billy Brown does, then hell shall hath no fury as far as this Jambo is concerned...

Buffalo Bill

As bad as we are now (and we really suck ass), things can change for the better quite easily.

As someone said, I'd take JJ now, even though I hope it's not him, but my own expectations have fallen also.

A manager, a squad overhaul and some decent PR would get (most of) us going again.

It's so frustrating, isn't it?!

Buffalo Bill

shaun.lawson

Can we rely on Hamilton to be as bad, or nearly as bad as Gretna?

Serious question

As bad, no; bad enough to be seriously out of their depth, yes. I also struggle to envisage either Caley or St Mirren finishing above us either.

Buffalo Bill
Thing is though, while McGhee is now higher profile and more marketable as a manager than ever, Davies isn't. We need MM way, way more than he needs us, meaning he can set out a particularly strong bargaining position - but I'm not convinced the same applies to BD. Plus, counter-intuitive though it might sound, there may be an element of "**** or bust" to a manager considering us: because of Romanov's horrendous reputation, if a manager fails at Hearts (or more likely, is simply forced out), the football world are far more likely to blame VR, rather than whoever happened to be the incumbent. So it's pretty close to a win-win: take us back to success, and you're a hero; fail, and it clearly wasn't your fault anyway.

All of which, I think, applies to Davies. It depends, though, on whether he fancies making a name for himself again in the SPL (so positioning himself for the Rangers job when Uncle Wattie retires, and/or McCoist hasn't proved a success as his replacement), or if he'd prefer to take his chance in the crazy, ruthless world of the Championship again. Who knows? After Preston and Derby, he may well fancy a change, if only for two or three years.

Meanwhile, our bargaining position becomes much stronger with JJ, who'd all but walk over broken glass to become our manager again. All that said though, if Frail doesn't get the gig, but Billy Brown does, then hell shall hath no fury as far as this Jambo is concerned...

Well said.

Buffalo Bill

As bad, no; bad enough to be seriously out of their depth, yes. I also struggle to envisage either Caley or St Mirren finishing above us either.

In the same way you would have struggled to envisage us finishing 8th at this time last year? :sad:

shaun.lawson
In the same way you would have struggled to envisage us finishing 8th at this time last year? :sad:

I thought it was possible we could drop to 7th, though admittedly, not 8th: I didn't think it would happen last May, but after one game of this season, certainly did!

The Old Tolbooth
I thought it was possible we could drop to 7th, though admittedly, not 8th: I didn't think it would happen last May, but after one game of this season, certainly did!

I actually thought at one point this season we were going to finish second bottom!

The football we have played deserves for us to be there

shaun.lawson
I actually thought at one point this season we were going to finish second bottom!

The football we have played deserves for us to be there

Yes. While 98/9 was my scariest season as a Hearts fan, 07/8 has been far and away the most demoralising one. At present, there are no straws to clutch onto at all! :sad:

Glamorgan Jambo

Despite what

- in the know fans and posters think they know

- official VR spokesperson says will happen

- recently appointed Club CEO Ogilvie wants to happen and has worked assiduosly to make happen

Only 1 person will decide whether we get a new manager. And I don't think he's made his mind up whether he wants one yet to be honest...

And it can get a lot worse than this believe me. And IMHO it's probably 50:50 that it will get a lot worse.

Guest JamboRobbo
Despite what

- in the know fans and posters think they know

- official VR spokesperson says will happen

- recently appointed Club CEO Ogilvie wants to happen and has worked assiduosly to make happen

Only 1 person will decide whether we get a new manager. And I don't think he's made his mind up whether he wants one yet to be honest...

And it can get a lot worse than this believe me. And IMHO it's probably 50:50 that it will get a lot worse.

That is the scariest bit.

Maroon Memories

I cant see JJ coming in. At his age i know he will be looking for a job for life. He was approached this time last Year from Charlie Mann. Thats all he asked for. He is in his late fifties now and doesnt need the stress. The gig at Killie is a no lose situation. If the finish in the top half,they are punching above their weight. If they are in the bottom,its where they are expected to be.

I'd be surprised if we get more than Frail tbh. Romanov likes control too much to hand it over. What I don't understand is why he can't realise this isn't Lithuania and he doesn't have the money to buy the league like he does there (in terms of players far better than the rest).

Would hope for McGhee, would take happily Davis, Jeffries etc. Would pick up my shotgun and go postal if Billy Brown was given the job.

Archived