"Hearts rescue bid could collapse, fears Locke"

jambovambo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEARTS boss Gary Locke admits he fears the Gorgie club may not escape their administration hell, despite a deal being agreed to save the club.

Supporters group the Foundation of Hearts is waiting on final permission from the club?s Lithuanian owners to sign off on a ?2.5 million rescue package that will see millionaire businesswoman Ann Budge take control.

But Locke admits he is growing increasingly concerned at the silence coming from Kaunas.

[Edited: please don't copy and paste whole articles from other sources. Mod 7]

Life would be much better if the press didn't bother asking Gary Locke about finance/administration/anything even vaguely complex.

Of course it could collapse but we've no reason to think it will. Put your brain in gear first please, Gary.

colinmaroon

Oh for goodness sake!

We all know this!

The Hibsman couldn't resist the headline and, GL shouldn't be hitting such a depressing note right at this moment - if he DID say that.

Not exactly good leadership!

What the troops - players and fans - need is a new general.

We need a Monty for our El Alamein!

We all know that GL has a severe problem coordinating brain and mouth at the same time. He should never be left exposed to the press. There should always be an interpreter present, even when he is speaking the blooming obvious.

Poor journalism. - however really poor judgement by Locke making any sort of comment on this.

I dunno what happened but I'd guess he was maybe asked something like "At this stage there must still be worries that the deal could collapse before it's signed off, there hasn't been much news from Lithuania lately either - does this concern you?" type of thing. But he should know how to handle that stuff.

Naughty from the Scotsman/EEN, it's not really anything more than a means of getting click throughs to their website.

I'm sure we all have a fear this thing will collapse, who wouldn't. There is no silence from Kaunas by the way Gary there was a meeting yesterday of the Ukio creditors which you should take time to read, as should the reporter who asks stupid and banal questions.

Seems that we did actually try to sign Skacel again this week.

Also pretty much confirms that he will sign as soon as we exit admin.

I would say that at the most I am a little miffed at the sudden silence from FoH. They've went from really drumming up the marketing push for pledgers to stony silence in the space of about a week. I wouldn't go as far as saying it is a massive concern though.

This was always going to be one of the most testing periods. All that can be done on our side has now been done and it's now all about standing by, being patient and not hitting the panic button.

alwaysthereinspirit

I would say that at the most I am a little miffed at the sudden silence from FoH. They've went from really drumming up the marketing push for pledgers to stony silence in the space of about a week. I wouldn't go as far as saying it is a massive concern though.

This was always going to be one of the most testing periods. All that can be done on our side has now been done and it's now all about standing by, being patient and not hitting the panic button.

Would you rather they did the olde "just to hear their belly rumble" or wait till they have something to add?

Guest C00l K1d

Seems that we did actually try to sign Skacel again this week.

Also pretty much confirms that he will sign as soon as we exit admin.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

A class footballer, but getting on a wee bit now

humiliated@1-5

This clueless prat seems to have a liking for chatting to newspapers and radio commentators.After yesterdays meeting I expect things to

move along apace,ta ta Lockie shit for brains.

tartofmidlothian

The interesting bit in that piece is about Rudi. So I've taken it to the Rudi thread. :whistling:

quincy adams wagstaff

Not the kind of thing players in the last year of their contract want to hear.lockie couldn't run a bath never mind a football team.

Would you rather they did the olde "just to hear their belly rumble" or wait till they have something to add?

Sorry, don't quite get what you mean here.

Walter Bishop

To be fair to Locke he is speaking as someone who knows more than most of us and this is imo his way of telling the fans what is going on.

There is definitely problems coming with taking the next step.

Fxxx the SPFL

Sorry, don't quite get what you mean here.

I think he is just indicating that there is no point in producing a newsletter if there is nothing to report things are obviously going on behind the scenes. I am quite happy to here from FoH as and when something new to announce.

PS i did buy one of your posters top notch bud.

To be fair to Locke he is speaking as someone who knows more than most of us and this is imo his way of telling the fans what is going on.

The problem is the Ubig meeting. However I feel we will be able to sustain the club until these delays are overcome. I can't see us letting the club go under.

I think he is just indicating that there is no point in producing a newsletter if there is nothing to report things are obviously going on behind the scenes. I am quite happy to here from FoH as and when something new to announce.

PS i did buy one of your posters top notch bud.

Oh yeah, I agree completely. All I meant was that I had noticed that there marketing drive had slowed up in the last week. Just an observation. Not a concern.

Yeah, the posters. I remember you buying one. That reminds me, I still have versions 1,15 and 51. Need to work out what to do with them. :thumbsup:

Fxxx the SPFL

i don't think there are problems just the wheels of the Lithuanian system seem to move rather slowly, i think that when the process started we all thought that we might be out of admin by Dec/Jan it is obviously taking longer and some people are getting the jitters. The Hootsman are just looking for headlines in their Hobo paper and probably twisting/lying what he actually said.

Fxxx the SPFL

Oh yeah, I agree completely. All I meant was that I had noticed that there marketing drive had slowed up in the last week. Just an observation. Not a concern.

Yeah, the posters. I remember you buying one. That reminds me, I still have versions 1,15 and 51. Need to work out what to do with them. :thumbsup:

i am sure you will sell them no problem Gregor.

SpikeDudley

?I?m trying to look at the positive side of things. We?re hoping Ann will come in and take the club forward, which would be fantastic.

?But at the back of my mind there is still a lingering doubt about events in Lithuania, so the next month is crucial for Heart of Midlothian Football Club. Hopefully it will have the positive ending that we all want.

?Until it is signed off, we won?t know. The best word to sum up this situation is ?frustrating?. Everyone here would love to get an answer and then move on.?

sounds like he just has the same fears as us. Sensationalist reporting at its worst.

Typical Rag Journalism, will have twisted a reply with the words they feel fits the better Headline..

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

specific problems you are aware of?

the disorganised, shambolic on-field disaster that gl has presided over is about to come to a head when we are relegated having not looked likely to do anything about it since the end of August - would be quite convenient for gl if the fans, media etc etc were pre-occupied with bigger issues than raking over the coals of what has been the most meek surrender of our top-flight status

time will tell but any deal not absolutely being in the bag 100% is hardly news

Gary Locke could have just said that he would rather focus on the football side of things but he's not that bright.

rossthejambo

Why's he commenting on this subject if it's just doubts in his mind, rather than anything concrete. The idiots in our support, and there are some number of them, will be getting themselves in a right state about it no doubt.

Naivety at its absolute worst from Locke.

Wow!

I didnt know GL was an international business expert and had an inside line to UKIO's affairs!

See, you think you know something and as it turns out.......its all a load of shite!

Life would be much better if the press didn't bother asking Gary Locke about finance/administration/anything even vaguely complex.

Of course it could collapse but we've no reason to think it will. Put your brain in gear first please, Gary.

Negative talk like this from GL could be signing his own death warrant. He should play a straight bat to all enquiries of this nature and leave off the field matters to the likes of BDO, Ann Budge or FoH.

When was the last time we heard from Bryan Jackson ? Has he ever came out and said that we have the money to see us to the end of the season ? Has he stated yet that there are problems with the Ubig creditors meeting being arranged ?

Answers to these questions we deserve to know.

He has not got a clue and should keep his thoughts to himself all this talk does is fan the flames over at the net whipping a few of them into a frenzy which all the cluless followers then get excited about loose lips sink ships.

This question also needs answered, if this is going to drag on are we the fans prepared to come up with the money required to keep us ticking over till the exit happens?

I will do what ever I can and no doubt others will do their bit. There needs to be a contingency plan prepared to ensure we will survive and that needs to be worked on and transparently so we all see what's happening.

The White Cockade

a lot of us probably think the same as Gary

until we actually come out of Admin there is no guarantee we that will

anything could happen in Lithuania

They may decide liquidation will bring them a better return

Fingers crossed but the wild optimism of some on here and posts

organising post admin/debt free celebrations are pie in the sky in my opinion

we have no idea how things are progressing over there

This question also needs answered, if this is going to drag on are we the fans prepared to come up with the money required to keep us ticking over till the exit happens?

I will do what ever I can and no doubt others will do their bit. There needs to be a contingency plan prepared to ensure we will survive and that needs to be worked on and transparently so we all see what's happening.

For me, it is a non story, as he feels the way as everyone else does.

If it does drag on, though, I imagine FoH may seek Budge's permission, then pledgers, to fill any gap.

sandylejambo

If we fail to get out of ADMIN before the start of the new season, I suppose rather than the season ticket monies going to Lithuania, we could all pay at the gate, then when we exit admin, get your seats paid for. I doubt it will come to that but it's a plan of sorts.

humiliated@1-5

And considering Brian Jackson is in Lithuania you're not likely to hear from him until he returns and reports to those involved the state of his negotiations and Locke is not one of them involved.For me it's going swimmingly and Now I expect rapid movement over the next week or so.Our problems were yesterday and that is out the way now.

GL is showing his frustration like the rest of us. He cannt plan ahead etc... Until we are out of admin so obviously he is keen this should happen ASAP.

But he was asked the question and he gave his own answer. Not FOH etc.....

Maiden Gorgie

I bet FoH are delighted at Locke's comments here!

The one plus point is that it may stir BDO/FoH into making another statement.

In my opinion the next announcement will be to tell us it's done and dusted.

The Treasurer

Surely they're a week early with the shit-stirring as we don't play their "team" until next week.

But I suppose it gives them another chance to use their favourite "phrase of the moment" about "h1b5 can relegate them next week"

Archived