ST Renewals (merged threads)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

portobellojambo1
Can you expand on how you knew? Might be important at some stage...

There were people inside the club quoting a figure in the region of 1,300 around 30 April, a few days later they came out with 7,000 on the official website.

I don't know how many they have sold, if it is up to that higher figure I would expect that to be those who would renew come what may, and they are now down to dealing with the persons who they are going to struggle to convince to renew.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know reasons why they wouldn't want to be lying about, which I won't post on JKB, which make me believe this figures are true.

But even taking the little inside knowledge I have out of the equation, I think the amount of Hearts fans who turned up to Gretna and who turned up to Falkirk last night tell you its own story. It's not a case of the club patting itself on the back or people still showing faith in the Romanovs. It's just the unbelievable loyalty that the supporters of this club have, I take my hate off to everyone of them tonight. You were mad to be there, but you went anyway.

No way would Hibs have anywhere near the crowds we're getting under this dire circumstances. That's a credit to the fans and their love for this club.

Now Vlad, get your figure out of your ****ing arse, and do something to reward their loyalty.

The easiest way to get an approximate estimate of how many renewals is to run a poll asking how many have renewed already - if it is between 40-60% then it is possible that 7000 is probably accurate (ie 50% of 13500 ST = 6750)

The most accurate way would be for the club to print off accounts figures of the sales details.

I appreciate we do not live in that sort of Utopic environment though...

Lets play a wee game NMH.

Just say the official website were shown to have lied about season ticket sales, what would your opinion be about that?

Charlie-Brown
like this one ;)

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13776

I don't believe the 7000 figure is out of the question - we'll find out next season I suppose.

I wasn't aware of that thread or poll CH so thanks for posting - given the amount of posters who answered the poll then assuming they are NOT lying I think we can assume those figures are statistically significant and probably representative of the overall ST renewal picture.

There were people inside the club quoting a figure in the region of 1,300 around 30 April, a few days later they came out with 7,000 on the offical website.

I don't know how many they have sold, I do not believe it was anywhere near 7,000.

Are these people still alive?

Or have they been gagged and bound?

Charlie-Brown
The most accurate way would be for the club to print off accounts figures of the sales details.

I appreciate we do not live in that sort of Utopic environment though...

Lets play a wee game NMH.

Just say the official website were shown to have lied about season ticket sales, what would your opinion be about that?

Depends on the scale of the lie JT - if they said they had sold 7000 but it was only 3000 then that is quite a big lie and no real excuse or defence of that - however if they'd sold 6678 ST's then that is approx 7K altho nearer 6500 so that would be a much smaller lie and the excuse could be they rounded up......

jamboinglasgow
I know reasons why they wouldn't want to be lying about, which I won't post on JKB, which make me believe this figures are true.

But even taking the little inside knowledge I have out of the equation, I think the amount of Hearts fans who turned up to Gretna and who turned up to Falkirk last night tell you its own story. It's not a case of the club patting itself on the back or people still showing faith in the Romanovs. It's just the unbelievable loyalty that the supporters of this club have, I take my hate off to everyone of them tonight. You were mad to be there, but you went anyway.

No way would Hibs have anywhere near the crowds we're getting under this dire circumstances. That's a credit to the fans and their love for this club.

Now Vlad, get your figure out of your ****ing arse, and do something to reward their loyalty.

I would have to agree with you, cant see them lying so badly if some figures are to be believed. There are loyal fans who turn up for the game as they love hearts (thats not to say people who dont go dont love hearts.) I would say that every chance I get when I'm home to watch Hearts I will go even if we might be drubbed. I now even go to the U19's as I think they are good to watch. For me, as I rarely get a chance to go to the game during the season I feel I am missing out so I want to go (though sometimes it is almost the case I am going on my own.)

That doesn't mean that I support Romanov, and his ways. It just means I want to see the JT's that is all.

davemclaren
"I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability."

signed,

Vladimir Romanov.

If I hadn't renewed would we have won tonight? ;)

Commander Harris
There were people inside the club quoting a figure in the region of 1,300 around 30 April, a few days later they came out with 7,000 on the official website.

I don't know how many they have sold, if it is up to that higher figure I would expect that to be those who would renew come what may, and they are now down to dealing with the persons who they are going to struggle to convince to renew.

I heard 3100 on the 28th. that leaves 3900 in a week - not out of the question before a so called "early discount deadline".

I think the figure was about 600 below what had been sold last year at the beginning of last week. However the club know that this figure is not going to rise significantly over the next few weeks, or certainly not until a new manager comes in.

jambos are go!

The polls on here are notoriously dominated by the anti VR mob but even they suggested a majority had renewed. The majority I've spoken to say they have renewed. So I see no reason to believe the dissenters on this thread.

Depends on the scale of the lie JT - if they said they had sold 7000 but it was only 3000 then that is quite a big lie and no real excuse or defence of that - however if they'd sold 6678 ST's then that is approx 7K altho nearer 6500 so that would be a much smaller lie and the excuse could be they rounded up......

Fair play

I personally cant see how they could have lied to any great extent - whilst I was surprised at the figures

Devils advocate and all that ;)

Now, whilst I've got you in chatty answer questions mode :P, at what stage, in your opinion does the lack of movement or a u-turn re the 1 January manager statement become indefensible, if at all@ (I guess I'll give you a potential "out" as I am in generous mood these days)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
follow your team through thick & thin or do you only go to finals?

Go along every week no matter how bad our situation is.

Do you think that helps? The players obviously don't give a **** how loyal our support is.

It's getting to the stage now where you are showing support and bending over for Romanov if you keep putting up with this sh*t week after week.

I feel bad even saying that but that's what it feels like to me.

One way of looking at it may be that if renewals were really low they would extend the discount period to the end of May (which I don't believe they have?).

Myself I was always going to wait until the end of May to see if the managerial situation would be resolved however performances over the last week and Frails comments at the platinum briefing have probably made my mind up not to renew my seat in the Wheatfield for the first time since it went up.

I seem to have spent most of the second halves of games in the pub this season apart from Saturday when I was at the hospitality and boy was I ****ed off that I had to wait till the end of the game before i could go back in (wasn't giving up a free bar for anyone!!!!!).

So I may not be a true supporter in some peoples eyes and yes I have probably seen much worse Hearts teams but to be honest the actions of Romanov and his henchmen have finally caused me to lose interest in the circus that is now HMFC.

portobellojambo1
I heard 3100 on the 28th. that leaves 3900 in a week - not out of the question before a so called "early discount deadline".

With the number of varying figures already being quoted on this thread I suppose it just proves the point CH, who do you believe and how much should you believe them. The easiest way will be to wait and see, because you can manipulate figures to suit yourself in relation to such activities, but come the start of the season the actual bums on seats will become apparent. I would expect the final figure to be around 10,000, would not expect it to be much more than that, which would represent a drop of c. 25.03%, which ain't good news.

Thank feck this one is over.

Roll on the summer!

Buffalo Bill

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thats what we all said last season

All I know is I've stuck by Hearts for decades through bad and good and I'm seriously considering non-renewal. I've muttered before but always got the horse laugh from the family who knew I'd get a ticket in the end. This year the didn't laugh quite so hard when I said I might not renew. One son has renewed; the other is holding back at the moment. Obviously there must be others thinking about chucking it.

The dross we've been served up this year has plumbed new depths especially after the lies from Romanov. How else can we register our feelings than by not putting season ticket money in his pocket? The guy and his son are a couple of con-men. Vlad's high point was selling bent Beatles LPs from the boot of his car. He is taking the p155.

Charlie-Brown
Fair play

I personally cant see how they could have lied to any great extent - whilst I was surprised at the figures

Devils advocate and all that ;)

Now, whilst I've got you in chatty answer questions mode :P, at what stage, in your opinion does the lack of movement or a u-turn re the 1 January manager statement become indefensible, if at all@ (I guess I'll give you a potential "out" as I am in generous mood these days)

I'll say June 30th as that is exactly 6 months and approx when pre-season begins so I think they must & will have a manager appointed by then even if that is only Frail although I am convinced it won't be him.

Commander Harris
With the number of varying figures already being quoted on this thread I suppose it just proves the point CH, who do you believe and how much should you believe them. The easiest way will be to wait and see, because you can manipulate figures to suit yourself in relation to such activities, but come the start of the season the actual bums on seats will become apparent. I would expect the final figure to be around 10,000, would not expect it to be much more than that, which would represent a drop of c. 25.03%, which ain't good news.

agreed. like I said, we'll find out next season.

I suspect if things don't improve in the close season your estimate of 10,000 would be about right and that would most certainly would not be good news.

We can only hope that the steps that people want the club to take are taken soon and that more people will then renew. :)

I'll say June 30th as that is exactly 6 months and approx when pre-season begins so I think they must & will have a manager appointed by then even if that is only Frail although I am convinced it won't be him.

Given what the statement said is it your opinion that Frail would be acceptable?

Would another ex Kaunas guy be acceptable?

Do you believe Romanov would find it possible to give someone junior and inexperienced full control (as promised)?

We are where we are now on the manager front, but do you really think it is acceptable that a football club at the level Hearts ought to be at takes 6 months to appoint a new manager?

This, bearing in mind the backdrop that we have been scouting for new managers at various stages for the last 2 years without procuring anyone from outwith the coaching ranks of kaunas / Hearts reserves...

Only a Game
Im quite optimistic.

I sincerely hope that we have reached rock bottom and it that sense I am optimistic that things will improve.

We've a long long way to go and a hell of a lot of stuff to put right and a hell of a lot of soul searching to be done by an owner who's first task might well be to find his soul.

I think we'll be better next season, but its a total stab in the dark.

I have renewed at this time for personal reasons to do with cash flow and how the cash flow might be in a few weeks time (which I wanted to wait for but couldnt)

Hearts have historically managed to pull pleasant surprise type seasons out of the hat when you least expect them and thats a thought I am grasping hold of for the summer.

jambocabby

My wife is the only one in my family renewing. Both my kids have lost all interest in football this season and do not want to go back next season. I do not intend on renewing. My father who like myself has been a season ticket holder (and shareholder) for many years is not renewing. Therefore only one out of five in my family are intending on returning next season.

If the above is any indicator of your average Hearts family, then we really are up sh*t creek for next season. It's not that we don't love our club - the reason I support Hearts is because of my dad, who supported HMFC because of his dad etc. etc - but I can no longer be a part of what is happening to this once proud football club.

Our football club has one of the most unique histories of any club in world football. A club who's players volounteered to make the ultimate sacrafice fighting for their country.

In my opinion,by renewing your ST for next year - before a new manager is installed, or Romanov's vision and plans for next year are outlined - you are effectively taking it up the proverbial.

Nelly Terraces

That'll be about right PJ1 mate. There was always going to be an initial rush on to start with, I'd say the figure would prob be a bit less than the 7thous they were claiming, say 6700, but after that, they are toiling. I'd say if they shifted 8000 by start of next season that would be doing a job, I'd say you will get around 7500. How many folk will pay on the day for games? Not many. Realistically you're looking at 9 - 10 thousand for most games, and whole school end back to old squirm for those matches.

Charlie-Brown
Given what the statement said is it your opinion that Frail would be acceptable?

Do you believe Romanov would find it possible to give someone junior and inexperienced full control (as promised)?

We are where we are now on the manager front, but do you really think it is acceptable that a football club at the level Hearts ought to be at takes 6 months to appoint a new manager?

This, bearing in mind the backdrop that we have been scouting for new managers at various stages for the last 2 years without procuring anyone from outwith the coaching ranks of kaunas / Hearts reserves...

I really don't think it will be Frail or anyone from Kaunas but if it is an internal appointment then it would be Frail however I think that is unlikely unless other potential candidates won't take the job.

I really don't think it will be Frail or anyone from Kaunas but if it is an internal appointment then it would be Frail however I think that is unlikely unless other potential candidates won't take the job.

The real NMH is back

Do you sometimes avoid answering questions just in case things pan out as suggested in the question, thus avoiding being cornered into a position where it can be established you are against Romanov on those issues?

Its fair enough if you do. You are entitled to back Romanov to the hilt. In the scheme of things it doesnt really matter what anyone says on here....

Charlie-Brown
The real NMH is back

Do you sometimes avoid answering questions just in case things pan out as suggested in the question, thus avoiding being cornered into a position where it can be established you are against Romanov on those issues?

Its fair enough if you do. You are entitled to back Romanov to the hilt. In the scheme of things it doesnt really matter what anyone says on here....

No you just started going off on a tangent about people from Kaunas JT - I didn't answer those question cos I really don't believe it will be anyone from kaunas or anywhere like that - I think it will be someone external to Hearts BUT if they can't reached agreement with any of those people then it might be Frail but I doubt it.

No you just started going off on a tangent about people from Kaunas JT - I didn't answer those question cos I really don't believe it will be anyone from kaunas or anywhere like that - I think it will be someone external to Hearts BUT if they can't reached agreement with any of those people then it might be Frail but I doubt it.

Do you think Romanov is doing a good job with the football side of Heart of Midlothian FOOTBALL Club ?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

I'm just playing a hypothetical game.

I would play if you asked me hypothetical questions. :)

Although I would say that given our recruitment policy to date it is hardly a tangent to suggest there may be a Kaunas influence at Hearts next season.

How very dare me....

Since NMH is refusing to answer i'll have a go.

NO

NO

NO

NO

Romanov is a serial liar. Dont believe a word he says.

Since NMH is refusing to answer i'll have a go.

NO

NO

NO

NO

Romanov is a serial liar. Dont believe a word he says.

Hhmmm. I like the cut of your jib.

I can sometimes tease NHM in to playing along and committing straight answers to straight questions - but not very often.

I think he has learned from Vlad that elusiveness is a good way to keep future criticisms at bay.

Thats fine. Its relatively good fun trying

Charlie-Brown
Do you think Romanov is doing a good job with the football side of Heart of Midlothian FOOTBALL Club ?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Yes AND No

Yes: the academy side of the club is working just fine, improving & progressing well

No: the first team has been rubbish

Yes AND No

Yes: the academy side of the club is working just fine, improving & progressing well

Quell suprise. The 'Academy' is crap.

Yes AND No

Has/Is Romanov as hands on with the academy as he has been with the first team?

I've renewed to save a measly ?25 :P

I'm optimistic, albeit in a 'the only way is up' sense :sad: and, as I've said before, because Campbell Ogilvie has ( ttbomk ) put his rep on the line here too. Frail surely cannot be appointed after that run of results even if he was 'qualified' which he isnt. If the club try to foist another no-mark on us then I'll be asking MBNA where I stand in claiming a refund for 'faulty goods' purchased on my HMFC credit card :mad:

Charlie-Brown

From where he currently stands Frail would need a lot of experienced help & assistance - he wouldn't be my first choice.

It won't be another Kaunas guy

I believe he might give Frail control if nobody else wanted the job but I don't think that is what will happen.

That depends on who is ultimately appointed.

I answered your questions although probably not in the way you wanted. :)

I answered your questions although probably not in the way you wanted. :)

If the answers to all the questions are anything other than NO then Romanov will have proved again that he is a compulsive liar.

Charlie-Brown
Quell suprise. The 'Academy' is crap.

The Academy is not crap - we have a LOT of very promising young players who will start to appear in the first team and first team squad next season, and the season after that and this will continue.

The Academy is not crap - we have a LOT of very promising young players who will start to appear in the first team and first team squad next season, and the season after that and this will continue.

If that's your's and Romanov's next / latest masterplan Hearts fans can look forward to years and years of further mediocrity, apathy and disappointment.

Even if there were a "lot of very promising players" (which there ain't) you need quality football management and coaches to instill all the correct qualities both on and off the field into the young players. We have halfwits and nobodies.

Charlie-Brown
If that's your's and Romanov's next / latest masterplan Hearts fans can look forward to years and years of further mediocrity, apathy and disappointment.

Even if there were a "lot of very promising players" (which there ain't) you need quality football management and coaches to instill all the correct qualities both on and off the field into the young players. We have halfwits and nobodies.

There are a decent number of academy players who will sooner or later play for the first team - it doesn't really matter if it is Romanov's plan or my plan or whoevers but the fact is since the academy was built and opened the long term aim of producing a high percentage of our own players is the only way Hearts and most SPL clubs are actually financially viable. This was true when Robinson began the Academy plan and remains true now.

The likes of Andy Driver & Christophe Berra & Gary Glen are what will be sustainable for Hearts not Rudi Skacel or Takis Fyssas or Roman Bednar.

Ryan Gosling

The club is a shambles from top to bottom but this is incorrect.

Potential-wise, we have the best young players in Scotland.

Only potentially though. We need a strong youth coach to bring them through. I could give you 7 or 8 players I'd expect to see make our first team.

Other clubs could give you a maximum of 3, probably.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Are you sure they won't be sidelined by the next incarnation of Zaliukas, like they have been for the past two matches?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
The club is a shambles from top to bottom but this is incorrect.

Potential-wise, we have the best young players in Scotland.

Only potentially though. We need a strong youth coach to bring them through. I could give you 7 or 8 players I'd expect to see make our first team.

Other clubs could give you a maximum of 3, probably.

Not having a dig, but what makes you sure of that when you consider this table?

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/U19Tables/0,,10002,00.html

Serious question, what makes you think our players at that level are better than Rangers, Celtic or Hibs?

Charlie-Brown
Not having a dig, but what makes you sure of that when you consider this table?

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/U19Tables/0,,10002,00.html

Serious question, what makes you think our players at that level are better than Rangers, Celtic or Hibs?

This isn't really relevant - the question is are some our young players good enough to become first team players for us? The answer is yes and it's the best thing for a club like Hearts to do - this was true in the eighties & nineties and remains true now.

We have better players than our opponents with certain young individuals likewise they have others who are better than ours - however very few at Rangers or Celtic will even get the chance to break through.

shaun.lawson
This isn't really relevant - the question is are some our young players good enough to become first team players for us? The answer is yes and it's the best thing for a club like Hearts to do - this was true in the eighties & nineties and remains true now.

We have better players than our opponents with certain young individuals likewise they have others who are better than ours - however very few at Rangers or Celtic will even get the chance to break through.

Really, NMH? When we won both the U21 league and Scottish Youth Cup in 2000, I regarded it as a tremendous sign for the future, and a number of players went on to give us great service under Levein and Burley. Looking at the link, we also maintained a decent record in the U19 league between 2001 and 2005. Yet look at what's happened since VR arrived. It's been downhill all the way - and this with an academy you've regularly lauded to the skies, and an international youth system you've often depicted as ahead of its time, and the likely supplier of much success in future years!

Something, I'm sorry to have to tell you, doesn't quite match up here.

We_are_the_Hearts

So what happened to Vlad talking about a ?10million player budget, challenging the OF, spending ?10 million on the right player and Rodney saying we shouldn't worry about the debt. What happened to winning the League in 3 years? Being regulars in the Champions League? When did the policy change from challenging to going with Youth as I can'tremember the Russian Trotters coming out with this?

NMH - I have asked you this before on two occasions but twice you have avoided the issue. Any answers?

Really, NMH? When we won both the U21 league and Scottish Youth Cup in 2000, I regarded it as a tremendous sign for the future, and a number of players went on to give us great service under Levein and Burley. Looking at the link, we also maintained a decent record in the U19 league between 2001 and 2005. Yet look at what's happened since VR arrived. It's been downhill all the way - and this with an academy you've regularly lauded to the skies, and an international youth system you've often depicted as ahead of its time, and the likely supplier of much success in future years!

Who are the players that you speak of?

One shining light over the last 12 months is the emergence of Driver, Jonnson, Glen and McGowan - albiet he was only on the pitch for 20 mins I saw enought to tell me he will be quality.

Charlie-Brown
Really, NMH? When we won both the U21 and Scottish Youth Cup in 2000, I regarded it as a tremendous sign for the future, and a number of players went on to give us great service under Levein and Burley. Looking at the link, we also maintained a decent record in the U19 league between 2001 and 2005. Yet look at what's happened since VR arrived. It's been downhill all the way - and this with an academy you've regularly lauded to the skies, and an international youth system you've often depicted as ahead of its time, and the likely supplier of much success in future years!

Firstly I think the people at the academy are doing a tremendous job and are producing (and also in the past) have produced good young players - Hearts have consistently produced a steady stream of young players who have been good enough to make it into the first team - once they get to first team level it is then down to how they are managed by the first team coach & his assistants regards how they progress from there. Simmons & Janzyck being perfect examples - there was very little more the Academy could have done with these kids & they showed enough quality to make it into the team and at least intially make some positive contributions - how well Levein managed them after that I am not so sure?

But it's about that 2nd stage of development really - the progression from youth teams to first teams - there is very little the academy can do about that other than work with the owner & head coach to ensure a structure is in place so the kids get a decent opportunity but how well they progress is mainly down to them as individuals and how well they are managed at first team level - clearly Hearts have to sort this part out but that doesn't mean the Academy isn't working.

Much success? Comparative success and the best thing we can do is how i would put it.

Who are the players that you speak of?

One shining light over the last 12 months is the emergence of Driver, Jonnson, Glen and McGowan - albiet he was only on the pitch for 20 mins I saw enought to tell me he will be quality.

I agree that those 4 are the bright spots from this season (other than the professionalism of the likes of Banks, Berra, Neilson).

It is utterly unbelievable that McGowan in particular (on the basis of last night's cameo) has been held back by the dross dropped down the pyramid.

With regard to the season ticket sales numbers. Is it possible that the 1700 quoted by someone above is the number of books handed out by Hearts, and the 7000 is the internet/phone/shop sales number?

Archived