• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Sten Guns

• redm

I find it quite weird when people complain about the outcome of murder trails etc.

Do you know more than the judge? The person who has been provided with and has thoroughly reviewed all the evidence?

I definitely don't know more than the judge. For example, I don't know exactly how much cash was in that brown envelope she received. ;)

Whilst it seems he will get Culpable Homocide.

Imagine if he got off completely

It is South Africa. And, after OJ got off, anything seems possible in court.

The judge milking it for some reason.

All the words for a guilty verdict re culpable homicide then she stops for the day...what is she doing !!!!!

Justice systems really baffle the ordinary person at times and this smacks of self publicity.

Nothing today was surprising and was all very understandable.

There's no room in the law for "we think we ken what really happened".

:lol:

I don't understand? She explained she believed him to be negligent then adjourned for the day at 2.30 pm?

Acted 'too hastily and used excessive force ? It is clear his conduct was negligent.'

Adjourned.

:muggy:

Lots of lawyers reckon she made an error in Law when dismissing some of the murder charges. Nell may launch an appeal base don that if the sentence is too wee or if he worms out of it altogether.

This judge is a bam.

Acted 'too hastily and used excessive force ? It is clear his conduct was negligent.'

Adjourned.

:muggy:

Sums up the whole trial in a nutshell.

Only thing she has left to say is " guilty " and she friggin adjourns it !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Mac_fae_Gillie

He fired a gun 4 times thru a door because he heard someone in there, that is intent to kill. Don't matter crap who the actual victim was.

and at worst he shot into bathroom knowing it was the misses.

he must serve time.

Wanting an early finish on Friday to have a long weekend. NAP

Could have had the friday off if she had kept going.

Nothing today was surprising and was all very understandable.

There's no room in the law for "we think we ken what really happened".

:lol:

Whoda thunk it eh? ;)

Im guessing the adjournment was because it was too close to her tee off time.

Whoda thunk it eh? ;)

Im guessing the adjournment was because it was too close to her tee off time.

Nah she'd promised her man a pot roast and those things don't make themselves

Judge has bottled it - as I suspected she would.

He fires shots in to a compartment that you couldn't swing a cat in and she doesn't think that is murder ?

The judge is dealing with the gun charges first.

BBC Radio 5 live ?@bbc5live 15s

BREAKING: #OscarPistorius found not guilty of discharging firearms in public for firing gun through car sunroof

Judge has bottled it - as I suspected she would.

He fires shots in to a compartment that you couldn't swing a cat in and she doesn't think that is murder ?

You should be the judge mate.

Lots of lawyers reckon she made an error in Law when dismissing some of the murder charges. Nell may launch an appeal base don that if the sentence is too wee or if he worms out of it altogether.

This judge is a bam.

Didn't think multiple gun shots fired into a cubicle could have killed someone........

Does that mean if you are really dumb you get a lower sentence?#

Guns are designed to kill FFS

Its not like a knife where it at least has another purpose such as food preparation

Fine line it seems between different verdicts on murder / culpible homicide

Sentencing might tell us how fair it is. If sentencing is light more likely there will an appeal as per boy on Sky News. Lot of suggestions he may avoid prison.

Still a lot unexplained but no-one else there at time to say.

I'm not surprised to hear he got off with murder, was kind of expecting that... although I'm still confused as to how shooting a gun (intentionally filled with extra deadly ammo) at a person through a door doesn't amount to some sort of intent to kill.

Apparently they're going nuts about it in South Africa - in most quarters anyway. Not sure whether it's a legally knowledgeable sort of going nuts or not though.

I'll be surprised if he does much jail time, if any at all. There's no minimum sentence for culpable homicide.

She has refused him bail

Maybe not - sure she said she opposed it !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

The Great Khali

According to the BBC

"Although he has been convicted of a lesser offence, it still carries a prison term of up to 15 years but, unlike murder, the judge may use her discretion and suspend the sentence or only impose a fine."

:o

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29149581

Edited by The Great Khali

if he avoids prison it would be nice if he could be stopped from making money out of it eg books.

would be a decent thing to do for the family if he decides that himself.

if he avoids prison it would be nice if he could be stopped from making money out of it eg books.

would be a decent thing to do for the family if he decides that himself.

I don't think he has any other streams of income now. And he has most likely emptied his piggy bank in defence costs in a trial that long.

I hope he goes to prison and is unable to rebuild his career as an athlete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regardless of whether he gets prison or not I'd think this ship has sailed.

Although he did seem to get quite the heroes welcome as he left court.

The People's Chimp

This judge is a bam.

Lots of lawyers also think the correct verdict is culp hom.

Lots of lawyers also think the correct verdict is culp hom.

Will be a surprise if state don't appeal - have to wait till after sentencing btw.

I watched it yesterday - as I had watched prosecutor Nel's argument about it being muder cos he shot at door, earlier in trial As other's have said its splitting hairs. Judge mentioned where shots hit door as being significant implying Pistorious wasn't shooting to kill. Seems could easily have been classed as ('second degree') murder.

State have been aggressive in pursuit of this case since the start and are unlikely to back down now. Appeal has to be on matters of law. Seemed to refer to previous cases a lot including recent cases as 'case law'. Maybe this case will end up clarifying definitions at an appeal.

• 5 weeks later...
Maroon Sailor

A cafe in New Zealand who traditionally put jokes on customer's receipts went OTT with this one

The cafe?s joke read: ?Oscar Pistorius was super keen to get a new bathroom door, but his girlfriend was dead against it.?

Maroon Sailor

Well according to his Psychologist Oscar is a broken man who has lost everything

If he has lost everything what did Reeva lose ?

Poor Oscar, my heart goes out to him

Seymour M Hersh

I'm no legal expert but I find it odd they had the month break for the judge to decide the sentence only for them to come back and hear reasons why he should/should not get the pokey. I take it the Judge will eff off again for a while to decide after all the "experts" have had their say. Sort of looks like she's milking it (being in the limelight) as someone mentioned earlier.

Maroon Sailor

I'm no legal expert but I find it odd they had the month break for the judge to decide the sentence only for them to come back and hear reasons why he should/should not get the pokey. I take it the Judge will eff off again for a while to decide after all the "experts" have had their say. Sort of looks like she's milking it (being in the limelight) as someone mentioned earlier.

My thoughts as well - can't understand the legal teams putting up protracted arguments for what should be the Judge's call.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

My thoughts as well - can't understand the legal teams putting up protracted arguments for what should be the Judge's call.

It's going just as Pistorius' mob hoped it would. Waters are getting seriously muddied so by the time this is all over, people will think it was basically an accident and he's been the biggest loser in all of this. They probably equate culpable homicide to a not guilty verdict.