Windows Phones

jambo_monkey74

jambo_monkey74

Hey got a new windows phone during the week as a upgrade from o2 but looking for some apps, can any one suggest some many looking a good live score one.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my RM-885_eu_euro1_290 using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Out of curiosity, which phone did you get?

I toyed with going for the new iPhone, HTC or taking a chance on the Lumia. I opted for the Lumia 920.

Re the apps. I'm not one for playing games and have just downloaded the usuals, Sky, BBC, Tapatalk etc.

Also what did you have before and what do you think?

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

jambo_monkey74

Lumia 920 as well done the tapatalk and sky apps will try goal live.

Really like the phone not sure about the apps last phone was s htc so was on android platform went for the lumia as use it for work and access to office is helpful

Sent from my RM-885_eu_euro1_290 using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Really impressed with the phone however I'm struggling with the size of it.

Once again the curse of the small hands strike! I struggle to hold it in one hand.

If anyone was thinking about getting one I'd definitely recommend it however due to the size I'll probably end up switching handsets within the next few days.

Have a lumia 800 and hate it, it doesn't come close to a iPhone or HTC. Key board is too small, hardly any apps (soccer live scores is OK, lothian bus tracker poor vs htx & iPhone, Facebook meh), simple cut / copy and paste isn't great and only works in some circumstances, can't use it as a portable hard drive, speaker phone is useless, headphone jack is too quite (even for conversations, I'm not a future tinnitus patient) , combined with o2 coverage i get missed calls a alot, and the maps, oh god the maps...

Plus points, its solid with the gorilla glass, good battery but probably because I don't use it as much as I did my HTC.

Have a lumia 800 and hate it, it doesn't come close to a iPhone or HTC. Key board is too small, hardly any apps (soccer live scores is OK, lothian bus tracker poor vs htx & iPhone, Facebook meh), simple cut / copy and paste isn't great and only works in some circumstances, can't use it as a portable hard drive, speaker phone is useless, headphone jack is too quite (even for conversations, I'm not a future tinnitus patient) , combined with o2 coverage i get missed calls a alot, and the maps, oh god the maps...

Plus points, its solid with the gorilla glass, good battery but probably because I don't use it as much as I did my HTC.

i got the 925 a couple of months ago. Must say, it is the best phone I've EVER had. Maybe a lot of the problems you had with the 800 have since been sorted out as I've not had any problems with copy/paste.

now that Microsoft have bought out Nokia, i believe that the windows phones are going to be as popular as android phones

You could try FotMob it`s quite good & gives all the leagues in Europe , you can choose which ones that you want to favour and they are quick at updating scores .

Rudolf's Mate

i got the 925 a couple of months ago. Must say, it is the best phone I've EVER had. Maybe a lot of the problems you had with the 800 have since been sorted out as I've not had any problems with copy/paste.

now that Microsoft have bought out Nokia, i believe that the windows phones are going to be as popular as android phones

Had it not been for the size then I'd have stuck with my 920.

Despite me going back to the iPhone, I honestly think these phones are nearly there in challenging the iPhone never mind the androids.

The only real thing which has driven me mad is the YouTube app isn't really an app. Whenever someone posts a link on here and you click on it the phone tells you you need to install something which doesn't fix it.

I'm sure with time things like this will be resolved.

There are far more positives than negatives and if it weren't for the fact that I nearly tore a bollock off when I sat down (in my pocket, too big) then I wouldn't dream of getting rid of it.

The copy and paste, just realised that it was user error rather than the phone. I was tapping at the end of the word rather than on it.

Good point SJ the 800 is an early model so from my point of view they can only improve but think I'll still try and get a HTC one come my upgrade.

Good point SJ the 800 is an early model so from my point of view they can only improve but think I'll still try and get a HTC one come my upgrade.

a mate at work got an HTC windows phone and was reasonably impressed with it. The problem was the build quality, it didn't last 18 months before problems started.

i got my 925 from phones.co.uk, the deals there were undercutting everyone else by quite a lot

I have a Lumia 920 - its a cracking phone and better have been released since.

I use an app called SofaScore LiveScore. It's brilliant. Sometimes videos of the goals get uploaded as they come in :)

InNothingWeTrust

I've got a Lumia 925. Great phone. My only real problem with it is the app store. Lacking quite far behind apple and android stores at the moment, but I reckon that will change soon enough. It still has enough to get by though. Other than that, cracking phone

jack D and coke

Apparently windows phones are releasing some software that allows them to download android apps. MS need to get the big manufacturers to make phones with this OS for it to truly take off. Your limited to Nokia or HTC aren't you?

Rudolf's Mate

I decided to give the phone longer seeing as I'm actually really impressed with it.

Part of the reason is that I have anytime upgrade and my provider is giving me the handset for ?84 which is a no brainer should I suddenly find something that changes my mind.

Downloaded SofaScore as the one I mentioned earlier was terrible.

Archived