Timothy at murrayfield

3fingersreid

I live a stone's throw from Murrayfield and the thought of 15x as many of them as two games ago at Tynecastle fills me with utter dread. They laid absolute waste to Roseburn. The Tesco didn't open last time they rolled up as a result (I forget the score :-( ). The manager of Tesco told my wife that they were lined up in a row from the front door of the shop to the beer fridge and were passing booze along in a row to the outside. There was essentially **** all the management or security could do. He lost thousands that day.

The Shed Floodlight

If true it's good news for local businesses.

I don't think the owner of the Wine Shop at Roseburn, will be impressed after he was robbed the last time the Mhanky mob played us. Think there may well be a few businesses closing and Pubs closing to keep them out. Money or no Money, you stand to lose a lot more than you are to gain with that mob in town.

The Shed Floodlight

I wonder what the local residents who thought the world had ended the last time Oasis played there will think when Celtic roll into town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know someone who lives close by Murrayfield, and think they are going to go to local MP and try and get decision reversed. Kind of like a petition thing.

As other's have said, it'll just increase their profile in Edinburgh and might tempt a few people to support them rather than their local team. The fact that they actually asked to play their games in Dublin is utterly laughable. If you weren't from the UK you'd be forgiven for thinking they were an Irish team.

The Old Tolbooth

It'll be like the olden days with rats running the streets and pishing wherever they like in shop doorways etc, I feel for the people of the West side of the city :(

Doctor FinnBarr

I thought once you choose a stadium for UEFA you are stuck with it for the whole tournament?

Think you can play prelim games elsewhere

Celtic supporters don't sell out parkhead for the early preliminary rounds anyway so they'll bring far less neds to the area than Oasis.

The worrying thing however is that Murrayfield may end up hosting Celtic vs Linfield

Maiden Gorgie

i know someone who lives close by Murrayfield, and think they are going to go to local MP and try and get decision reversed. Kind of like a petition thing.

I was thinking of doing the same

i wish jj was my dad

Good precedent. So if it makes more sense for some future cup final to be held at Murrayfield, the SFA can hardly object.

Correct.

If those smelly tramps can use murrayfield because it suits them then cup finals can be played there as well.

Francis Albert

I see from a preview of the rugby that Murrayfield is infected by parasitic worms. Home from home for the 'tic then.

Just kicked off at the rugby, looks like they're welcome to Muddyfield.

Nicol mentioned before kick off it's soon to be a 50/50 Synthetic/grass surface.

Anyone know how that works?

Just kicked off at the rugby, looks like they're welcome to Muddyfield.

Nicol mentioned before kick off it's soon to be a 50/50 Synthetic/grass surface.

Anyone know how that works?

I'm sure arsenal gave the same.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

There's no reason at all they can't play at Ibrox. Why should the people of Edinburgh have this inflicted on them?

I'm sure arsenal gave the same.

I think Tynecastle the Tynecastle pitch has some synthetic content too though not as much as 50/50

rugby sevens at Ibrox 26/27 July (sat/sun)

hmm.......

Wonder why that's not being played at the rugby ground in Glasgow is it scotstoun or even particks ground

Wonder why that's not being played at the rugby ground in Glasgow is it scotstoun or even particks ground

Not big enough

Riots guaranteed riots that lot are scum they'll wreck the gaff!!

Let's hope it gets properly reported and show that Amsterdam was the norm. Only good thing is their horses will mean lovely roses in roseburn next year.

Theres a tesco in roseburn so lucozade sales will be sky high unless the thumb gets there first!

Has this ever been confirmed by the SRU, or by UEFA, or is it still just BBC speculation..? :unsure:

It's almost a racing certainty from what I can understand. Hampden, Ibrox & Parkhead are all out of action due to the commonwealth school sports day and despite the hooped demons best attempts, they have been told going to Dublin or Newcastle is a non starter which only leaves Murrayfield.

I can't believe the police are going to allow this considering it is at the back of Gorgie, where their animals have to be separated via a temporary wooden fence in McLeod St.

I could see it all kicking off if the buckie brigade heads to Gorgie for a drink when they are at Murrayfield.

Archived