How will you vote? JKB independence referendum poll, February 2014

Ulysses

Independence referendum - JKB voting intentions, February 2014  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country? How will you vote?

• I intend to vote YES
    • I intend to vote NO
    • I am UNDECIDED
    • I intend not to vote
    • I am unable to vote

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's as accurate as any other segmented poll tbh. Plus the result just now, well, it's great!

Almost double the votes for yes. I wonder why such a big difference compared to the more official, larger scale polls we see. Yes voters more likely to vote yes on effectively pointless polls online?

I can't vote, but if I could I would vote NO.

I'd be interested to know if expats are more in favour of the NO vote.

When I lived in Scotland I was reasonably pro-SNP, but normally voted Labour.

Living and working overseas has made me change my view on nationalism in general and Scottish independence in particular.

jack D and coke
Almost double the votes for yes. I wonder why such a big difference compared to the more official, larger scale polls we see. Yes voters more likely to vote yes on effectively pointless polls online?

Surely any poll is pointless until you actually have to tick a box no?

one reason could be JKB is a male dominated forum and according to other polls women tend to be undecided.

Still the poll is looking good for us yes voters

far too early to make grand statements based on a poll running for 6 days.

i do think it is a start of a change for some as the discussion and debate progresses.

i think it's worthwhile remembering that nobody expected the SNP to come to power at Holyrood. bit by bit they became relevant and strong suddenly taking centre stage.

who is to say that will not happen again. sometimes people are just fed up of being told what to do by parties run from London.

As I live down South I am unbable to vote, but if I still lived in Scotland I would be voting a big fat NO.

:jjno:

Even JJ knows where to vote.

loveofthegame

How representative is any poll?

True, but the majority of polls show that the majority will vote no. Accordingly, the JKB poll, which goes against this, is not very representative.

Thankfully, as you say, not very.

Independent polls over the last few months have shown a steady erosion of the 'No' support, and strengthening of the 'Yes' support. While the JKB poll shows the Yes side leading, and the other polls do not, maybe the JKB members are just ahead of the rest of the country in their thinking.

Independent polls over the last few months have shown a steady erosion of the 'No' support, and strengthening of the 'Yes' support. While the JKB poll shows the Yes side leading, and the other polls do not, maybe the JKB members are just ahead of the rest of the country in their thinking.

How ahead?

I can't vote, but if I could I would vote NO.

I'd be interested to know if expats are more in favour of the NO vote.

When I lived in Scotland I was reasonably pro-SNP, but normally voted Labour.

Living and working overseas has made me change my view on nationalism in general and Scottish independence in particular.

I'm in this boat. Cannot vote but if could, it would be a NO.

Uly, next time can we give the ex-pats a vote as well?

Understand why it's done this way, but I still think it would be interesting to see how those overseas or darn sarf would be voting (if they could).

Uly, next time can we give the ex-pats a vote as well?

Understand why it's done this way, but I still think it would be interesting to see how those overseas or darn sarf would be voting (if they could).

How would you vote, Dave? (I think I'm right in thinking you're now in London and won't be voting).

The blunt reason that this poll is different to the general polls is that football is predominantly followed by working class men - the biggest demographic that supports independence is...working class men.

It's a big Yes from me. As a 17 year old, I was denied a vote in the '79 devolution vote. Never thought I would see it happen, but happen it did - with bells on.

As a 51 year old, independence may just happen, but if not I hope we have another chance in my lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but the majority of polls show that the majority will vote no. Accordingly, the JKB poll, which goes against this, is not very representative.

I just popped over to .net (spit).

They have Yes 66% No 24% They have less people voting though something like half as many as our poll.

I would imagine other clubs fan sites will be similar with the exception of you know who of course.

Sorry i forgot about the other thread I'll try and remember next time.

I just popped over to .net (spit).

They have Yes 66% No 24% They have less people voting though something like half as many as our poll.

:pleasing:

Unable to vote - been here much too long. Pay me to stay in Scotland for 6 months to get back on the register, anyone?

In which case, it's a big YES from me to "Independence in Europe!"

Just a reminder that this thread is only for the poll options. If you want to debate the issue itself, we have a thread for that purpose:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/118618-scottish-independence-referendum-superthread/page__st__8800

Just another reminder of this. Any posts debating the issue will be moved or else deleted. Anyone who has already had posts deleted or removed and who subsequently posts messages that should be in the referendum debate thread runs the risk of being suspended.

If the 'intend not to vote' and the 'unable to vote' numbers are removed, then we have 355 members voting. Here are the stated intentions, so far:

Yes - 56.6% (201)

No - 33% (117)

Undecided - 10.4% (37)

Even if all the undecided vote 'No', it will be a resounding win for the 'Yes' side.

If the 'intend not to vote' and the 'unable to vote' numbers are removed, then we have 355 members voting. Here are the stated intentions, so far:

Yes - 56.6% (201)

No - 33% (117)

Undecided - 10.4% (37)

Even if all the undecided vote 'No', it will be a resounding win for the 'Yes' side.

Last poll taken

Yes 161 (53.1%)

No 105 (34.7%)

Undecided 37 (12.2%)

Dont know how that equates into any sort of swings as more people have voted this time

Last poll taken

Yes 161 (53.1%)

No 105 (34.7%)

Undecided 37 (12.2%)

Dont know how that equates into any sort of swings as more people have voted this time

Swing is measured from percentages. Obviously comparing one vote with 1,000 voters and one with a million becomes more haphazard and loses weight, but swing is percentage of vote in the current election minus the percentage of vote in previous election.

Gregory House M.D.

My opinion has went from 100% no to 100% yes and is highly unlikely to swing back.

To give another look at it, Pie and Bovril's poll is currently sitting at:

Yes: 273

No: 43

Undecided: 27

My opinion has went from 100% no to 100% yes and is highly unlikely to swing back.

To give another look at it, Pie and Bovril's poll is currently sitting at:

Yes: 273

No: 43

Undecided: 27

:wow: That's a pumping.

Last poll taken

Yes 161 (53.1%)

No 105 (34.7%)

Undecided 37 (12.2%)

In terms of swing it's pretty consistent with the overall trend that's been happening in the official opinion polls since November - Yes up a few points and no slightly down, albeit the official polls still show No with a decent but narrowing lead.

How would you vote, Dave? (I think I'm right in thinking you're now in London and won't be voting).

Said on the super thread, but probably 'yes' if I could.

We'll leave this run for another couple of days, and probably close it on Tuesday evening.

Just a reminder that the thread will close on Tuesday evening.

Just a reminder that the thread will close on Tuesday evening.

Is there any chance of an honest predictions poll?

Archived