Ukio Bankas

Cigaro

Walter Bishop
Could this not have been added to the Ukio Bankas thread instead of opening up yet another thread.

Dont mean to have a pop at you mate, but it seems every second post of your's is a new thread slating the regime. Just add your thoughts to the numerous others appearing in the terrace the now.

Im only voicing my opinion. Didnt think it was along the line of the ukio bankas thread and if you feel every 2nd thread slates the regime then i apologise as it should be every thread! And why is there something wrong with that? You can hardly praise them for anything!

Why post on the thread if it`s only to have a pop?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in terms of brand recongnition Ukio has done extremely well wih their association with Hearts. No one had heard of ukio bankas before - now it is pretty much a household name in Scotland, even when they don't even trade here.

If ukio bankas are going to expand into the UK/scottish market then they have a big head start when it comes to the brand.

Its a shame that the reasons people recognise the brand for are, on the whole, negative.

in terms of brand recongnition Ukio has done extremely well wih their association with Hearts. No one had heard of ukio bankas before - now it is pretty much a household name in Scotland, even when they don't even trade here.

If ukio bankas are going to expand into the UK/scottish market then they have a big head start when it comes to the brand.

I suspect that their brand recognition is more along the lines of "if they run Hearts that badly, no chance that I would put a penny in their bank accounts".

I suspect if they do actually want to enter the UK/Scottish banking market their association with Hearts has been absolutely counter productive.

Ray Winstone

Did not really expect anyone else to sponsor us, whatever the club says they are doing, you just have to remember that the opposite will happen.

chester copperpot
Im only voicing my opinion. Didnt think it was along the line of the ukio bankas thread and if you feel every 2nd thread slates the regime then i apologise as it should be every thread! And why is there something wrong with that? You can hardly praise them for anything!

Why post on the thread if it`s only to have a pop?

It wasn't my intention to have a pop, was only pointing out that you dont have to look far to have a thread with some point similar to your own. Everyone knows your feelings on the regime, it just seems to be every time I venture into the terrace, its the same stuff over and over again.

FWIW I agree with most of your points, you just dont need to start a new thread every day with the same stuff.

Sorry if that offends.

Commander Harris
I suspect that their brand recognition is more along the lines of "if they run Hearts that badly, no chance that I would put a penny in their bank accounts".

I suspect if they do actually want to enter the UK/Scottish banking market their association with Hearts has been absolutely counter productive.

possibly, I was speaking soley in terms of recognition of the brand though.

your right there mate

unfortunately is also assoiciated with a circus

That every household in scotland is aware off

I am suprised UKIO are not trying to distance themselfs,from this debacle of a football club.

possibly, I was speaking soley in terms of recognition of the brand though.

I don't think all publicity is good publicity holds for banks.

Or orange juice manufacturers.

That's a big IF. As is this one.

IF

:P

Or orange juice manufacturers.

That's a good idea, if Frail gets the job for next season maybe we can get him sponsored by Delmonte ;)

That's a good idea, if Frail gets the job for next season maybe we can get him sponsored by Delmonte ;)

Sunny Delight would be wholly more appropriate.

The Future's Maroon

To be honest, I didnt expect the sponsor to be any different this season (even with the talk of a new one being found)....Are they not still planning on opening a branch in Edinburgh....hence another years sponsorship?!!

Commander Harris
That's a big IF. As is this one.

IF

:P

or even

if.gif

:)

Or jewellery sellers, ask Gerald. I'm sure the boys at the top have done their sums, it's all cost-benefit after all ,and decided that the benefits of maintaining Ukio sponsorship outweigh the amount they could have got from a third party. Given our position at the moment, it's no great deal, but in the long run we need high-value external sponsorship. We'll only get that though if we have a good enough product to sell.

Heh, nobody wants to sponsor a bottom six team it seems ;)

Though in some cases that's quite alarming, surely possible sponsors would be told of plans in place to turn things around? Maybe no plans are in place.

At least one potential sponsor asked about the Club's plans for next season, manager, new players. The prevarication and double-speak they got in reply decided them to stick as a low-level sponsor and only take a table sometimes, and not commit more.

Allegedly.

To be honest, I didnt expect the sponsor to be any different this season (even with the talk of a new one being found)....Are they not still planning on opening a branch in Edinburgh....hence another years sponsorship?!!

They are.

There have been delays in opening, not necessary through Ukio's fault as they have met all requirements, I have been led to believe. Perhaps that is why Hearts were or supposedly were looking for a new sponsor.

I understand they are stepping up the pace again to open as soon as possible, so perhaps that is wht there has apparently been a u-turn?

Sunny Delight would be wholly more appropriate.

Not when the man from Delmonte likes to say.........

;)

Dr. Bapswent

I think anyone who thinks a bank and a football team are run the same way are technically idiots anyway.

portobellojambo1
it could be no one was interested - or it could be that any deal on offer didn't meet what the club were wanting and they therefore decided to go with ukio again.

does seem a tad embarrasing that Hearts paid a third party to find an appropriate deal and we end up going with ukio again but we don't know all the circumstances.

I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to work these sort of things out CH, quite simple it would appear, nobody was interested, in marketing terms we are not a good risk at this time, TV exposure on the wider European scale is light years away so why throw money at Hearts at this time. UKIO have no objection to doing it, they give with one hand, and take back with the other.

boabyarsebiscuit
Can't wait to see the spin that the official website tries to put on this!:)

As opposed to the paid goons' spin on here?

Dr. Bapswent
I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to work these sort of things out CH, quite simple it would appear, nobody was interested, in marketing terms we are not a good risk at this time, TV exposure on the wider European scale is light years away so why throw money at Hearts at this time. UKIO have no objection to doing it, they give with one hand, and take back with the other.

Quite simply, if you dont have evidence for this, you cant make this assumption.

It seems highly possible, but its not fact.

Quite simply, if you dont have evidence for this, you cant make this assumption.

Which is probably why he said "...it would appear..."

Dr. Bapswent
Which is probably why he said "...it would appear..."

Im aware of what he wrote, Im simply reitterating that it cant be held as a definate conclusion unless there is evidence to back it up.

Hope thats ok with you.

The downturn will definitely not have helped us to attract big sponsors, nor will our league position and the perceptions that go with it.

Big companies will not wish to be associated with unsuccessful clubs but equally nor will UKIO if they hope to make a business impression in Scotland. It may just be (hoping against hope?) that we are going to see a huge effort to make HMFC successful this season, starting with a clear-out of no-users, then a big management change taking place followed by the signings we need to take us forward.

That's what ought to happen and if we are flying next season, the sponsors will be falling over themselves (subject of course to economic circumstances) if we qualify for Europe.

Im aware of what he wrote, Im simply reitterating that it cant be held as a definate conclusion unless there is evidence to back it up.

Hope thats ok with you.

Perfectly, thanks for asking. Speculation is all we have to feed on most of the time. Sometimes we get lucky and get to feed on informed speculation.

Guest JamboRobbo

That'll be the end of pretty much ALL discusson on JKB then.

Dr. Bapswent
That'll be the end of pretty much ALL discusson on JKB then.

Not if you concende that the conclusion is speculative and not factual.

The Mighty Thor
Do Ukio just stick the sponsorship fee on the debt?

Probably. It'll be the ?400k listed as agency fees or such like in the accounts.

We couldn't find a sponsor. Simple as that.

Our sponsor a 'major international' bank that can't get a banking license in the UK after 2 1/2 years of trying. Quality.

Cut The Crap

:rofl:

Ukio pay ?850,000 a season or something, do they not?

Libertonian_II
Cant help but think the "Mangers role" will go the same way as the search for a sponsor. Lets lie to the fans, raise their hopes by pretending to be searching for something new and then do what we were always going to do in the first place, Have Ukio emblazoned across the jerseys and Appoint Frail as the master puppett.

Along with my season tickets, there will be no new strips in my house next season. :mad:

If they bother you so much, why are you on here:confused:

The Negative Tendency are out in force today

tommythejambo
what are you talking about?

we'll win the league next year, scoring 100 goals in the process...

You'd feel like a right bell end if we do that now eh?

JamboRossi79
The downturn will definitely not have helped us to attract big sponsors, nor will our league position and the perceptions that go with it.

Big companies will not wish to be associated with unsuccessful clubs but equally nor will UKIO if they hope to make a business impression in Scotland. It may just be (hoping against hope?) that we are going to see a huge effort to make HMFC successful this season, starting with a clear-out of no-users, then a big management change taking place followed by the signings we need to take us forward.

That's what ought to happen and if we are flying next season, the sponsors will be falling over themselves (subject of course to economic circumstances) if we qualify for Europe.

Or successful clubs either it would appear.

The SFA still haven't got a sponsor for the biggest Cup competition in this country and the final is just around the corner.

No wonder we are heading for adminstration. these guys do not come cheap and we throw money about like theres no tomorow.. We hire them for god knows how long/much and then say ...ah feck it! why don't we just keep UK are Wankas on the strips.

Another fine mess they got us into!

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/OfficialPartnersDetail/0,,10289,00.html

Our valued partners and suppliers | Hearts | Club | Our Partners

And where did we get this lot from.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Or successful clubs either it would appear.

The SFA still haven't got a sponsor for the biggest Cup competition in this country and the final is just around the corner.

The Scottish Cup isn't a club so how does it appear that big companies don't want to be associated with successful clubs?

The Scottish Cup isn't a club so how does it appear that big companies don't want to be associated with successful clubs?

Isn't the SFA a successful (and exclusive) gentleman's club? ;)

The strips just wouldn't be the same without Ukio Bankas on the front.

I really don't understand why the club decided to tell us they hired a third party to find a decent sponsor in the first place. Surely it was going to be UB the whole time. Seems like positive spin gone bad to me, leading to a big climb down. Idiots.

I really don't understand why the club decided to tell us they hired a third party to find a decent sponsor in the first place. Surely it was going to be UB the whole time. Seems like positive spin gone bad to me, leading to a big climb down. Idiots.

You shouldn't announce things unless they're fairly certain or there's a good reason for doing so. Skewed management in my eyes to do otherwise... I don't think it was going to be UB all the time though - the club honestly thought they could get someone else in. Perhaps they were just geeing themselves up, you know announcing something in the knowledge that if they announced it, and enough people heard about it, they would have to bloody well do it. Or perhaps there was a deeper reason. Who knows? All a bit silly though.

You shouldn't announce things unless they're fairly certain or there's a good reason for doing so. Skewed management in my eyes to do otherwise... I don't think it was going to be UB all the time though - the club honestly thought they could get someone else in. Perhaps they were just geeing themselves up, you know announcing something in the knowledge that if they announced it, and enough people heard about it, they would have to bloody well do it. Or perhaps there was a deeper reason. Who knows? All a bit silly though.

I doubt they were geeing themselves up. That clearly doesn't work, look at the January 1st statement? Your right though, who knows? Just another day in the life of supporting Hearts these days.

super_vlad

I don't think it was spin, they must of tried and thought the calue was not there ! It makes aboustlty no sense to have Bankas on the shirt ! You might as well have vlad shags sheep on the front of the shirt ! What is the point of bankas sponors us ? WE CAN NOT BUY THIER PRODUCT ! WHO EVER is incharge of their marketing dept, should be fired !

It is also rubbish that no-one would sponor us! Any publicy is good ! the amount of paper/media space we get in a year will deterimined the value we receive in spononrship fees

that reply was a response to a question what company would want to associate themselves with this shambles. Umbro were prepared to offer an unprecedented deal, even with all our problems. I take your point that umbro had their own problems but it doesn't change the fact they were willing to invest heavily in Hearts at a time when a lot of people were saying no-one would touch us with a barge pole.

I didn't say it wasn't a big deal, I just want to know more details about the deal and what else was on offer before I make a judgement on it.

Its a totally different business opportunity.

Shirt maker, has an ROI from shirt sales... which we are the third biggest in Scotland.

Shirt sponsors receive recognition and trust from the public seeing their brand and in turn making judgments based on who they get in to bed with.

Cigaro... black material. Am I **** being Vlads billboard, treat us with a little respect and that could change.

Hearts putting out a press release stating we have employed an agency to find us a new sponsor just shows how much the barrel is being scraped.

PS The old saying of any publicity is good publicity, fraid that isnt the case when the purchaser (sponsor) has more than one option. Sponsorship is something that has been effected by the credit crunch.

I don't think it was spin, they must of tried and thought the calue was not there ! It makes aboustlty no sense to have Bankas on the shirt ! You might as well have vlad shags sheep on the front of the shirt ! What is the point of bankas sponors us ? WE CAN NOT BUY THIER PRODUCT ! WHO EVER is incharge of their marketing dept, should be fired !

It is also rubbish that no-one would sponor us! Any publicy is good ! the amount of paper/media space we get in a year will deterimined the value we receive in spononrship fees

Well Ukio Bankas do plan to open a branch in the city centre? They do already own a pretty expensive building.

Not all publicity is good. Ask Robert Mugabe, see what he'd tell you.

Guest JamboRobbo

Ok, Just read through this thread, and I'm still trying to get my head round the stupidity of this one.

We hired an agency (Granada) to find us a sponsor for our shirts for the 2008/09 season.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1190209,00.html

And they managed to find us.......UKIO BANKAS again.

Money well spent then. Well done whoever made that call. :rofl:

The People's Chimp

My understanding is that the club received several offers, however they were not at the value the club had set; with hearts large fanbase, large resting or sleeping fanbase as well as one of the highest/the highest percentage of target ABC1s, history etc. The price/our sponsorship value was externally valued and the offers failed to match it. The offers were before the board and they decided to opt instead for Ukio.

Archived