Ukio Bankas

Cigaro

Talk 107 just stated that they will be our sponsor again next season.

Glad to see the company we brought in to find us a sponsor has done such an excellent job.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris

from the talk107 website:

"Ukio Bankas will once again be emblazoned across the front of Hearts tops next season. Club officials have spent the last few months seeking an alternative sponsor. However they've decided to stick with the bank, of which owner Vladimir Romanov is a major shareholder, for the fourth consecutive year."

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=5432

Heh, nobody wants to sponsor a bottom six team it seems ;)

Though in some cases that's quite alarming, surely possible sponsors would be told of plans in place to turn things around? Maybe no plans are in place.

Glad to see the company we brought in to find us a sponsor has done such an excellent job.

No wonder we are heading for adminstration. these guys do not come cheap and we throw money about like theres no tomorow.. We hire them for god knows how long/much and then say ...ah feck it! why don't we just keep UK are Wankas on the strips.

Another fine mess they got us into!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Would you want to associate your company with this current shambles?

Dr. Bapswent

I dont see the issue with this.

Our owner is their owner, therefore we get the to sponsor us, no hassles.

Its a mutually beneficial deal.

We should stop fretting about external financial support, as we dont need it according the our owners.

Im happy if thats the case.

It might be more of a worry if we did NOT get Ukio, as this might indicate we are desperate for outside financial assistance.

Im not going to lose sleep over such a trivial issue.

chester copperpot

No but thats not the point.

We are effectively owned by UBIG, therefor we are surrendering a decent opportunity to bring in a cash flow outwith the group. I cannot see how them sponsoring us is clever, I could see the first year with them trying to get exposure in Edinburgh/U.K but everyone now knows who and what they are about, so should be looking at bringing in an external sponsor to generate some vastly needing revenue.

Commander Harris

umbro didn't seem to mind too much.

the voice from above
Nothing will change at this football club under the current regime.

what are you talking about?

we'll win the league next year, scoring 100 goals in the process...

Geoff Kilpatrick
No but thats not the point.

We are effectively owned by UBIG, therefor we are surrendering a decent opportunity to bring in a cash flow outwith the group. I cannot see how them sponsoring us is clever, I could see the first year with them trying to get exposure in Edinburgh/U.K but everyone now knows who and what they are about, so should be looking at bringing in an external sponsor to generate some vastly needing revenue.

I'm aware of that - however, you wonder how much the club was expecting. At present, Macbean protective clothing is about the level we can attract to sponsor us.

They make the shirts...the money is garunteed!

Expedia.co.uk would not sell many hollidays on the back of sponsoring us

Umbro are garunteed to sell shirts though!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We should stop fretting about external financial support, as we dont need it according the our owners.

It might be more of a worry if we did NOT get Ukio, as this might indicate we are desperate for outside financial assistance.

What about us hiring Granada to search for a new sponsor?!

You aren't worried that it is a possibility no-one was interested in being connected with us?

chester copperpot
Macbean protective clothing is about the level we can attract to sponsor us.

That made me smile, so it did, :)

Commander Harris

You aren't worried that it is a possibility no-one was interested in being connected with us?

it could be no one was interested - or it could be that any deal on offer didn't meet what the club were wanting and they therefore decided to go with ukio again.

does seem a tad embarrasing that Hearts paid a third party to find an appropriate deal and we end up going with ukio again but we don't know all the circumstances.

Guest casper

But there was big claims of getting a major new sponsor.

It's just another example of big claims to be added to the list of things that never came true like the world class manager and better players to replace the ones who left and winning the league and playing in the champions league and the 40,000 stadium..............

Maybe they had the young lassie that phoned me up trying to get me to renew my season ticket phoning all the major companies in the phone book asking if they want to sponsor us.

Big company "But why would we want to associate ourselves with that shambles".

Wee lassie "OK, I'll make sure the message gets passed on".

Our club is a joke.

Nelly Terraces

"Ukio Bankas will once again be emblazoned across the front of Hearts tops next season. Club officials have spent the last few months seeking an alternative sponsor. However they've decided to stick with the bank, of which owner Vladimir Romanov is a major shareholder, for the fourth consecutive year."

Spent? Wasted more like. Add it to the list of total donald duck up's.

Sexton Hardcastle

Just like they spent the past 2 years looking for a manager. If you think the players get paid to do nothing what do all these clowns in suites do ?

Spent? Wasted more like. Add it to the list of total donald duck up's.

It's a complete joke. How can they not say..lets take this direction and just feckn do it. why say one thing and consistently do another :confused:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
it could be no one was interested - or it could be that any deal on offer didn't meet what the club were wanting and they therefore decided to go with ukio again.

does seem a tad embarrasing that Hearts paid a third party to find an appropriate deal and we end up going with ukio again but we don't know all the circumstances.

That is a possibility but going on the past 3 years of monumental **** ups, I know what is the more likely.

I'm very worried about the future at Hearts. What a f****** terrible waste of money this latest venture has been.

It doesnt matter who sponsors us

All that matters is the deal behind the sponsor

Presumably the official website will confirm details of the deal....and I guess it would be interesting to learn what the search for alternative sponsors established

rudi must stay

fine. Maybe we have a new deal with them where we geta bit more cash, they made a bit more profit last year i think

Commander Harris
It doesnt matter who sponsors us

All that matters is the deal behind the sponsor

Presumably the official website will confirm details of the deal....and I guess it would be interesting to learn what the search for alternative sponsors established

agreed. I'd like to know a bit more about the deal before panicking about it.

doubt we're going to get much info though. :(

ToadKiller Dog

Where are those arguing that the global down turn and credit crunch having effect on the plans for the new stand ,why are they not arguing that it could be hindering the club finding a worthwhile new sponsor ?.

fine. Maybe we have a new deal with them where we geta bit more cash, they made a bit more profit last year i think

Yes I am sure that sponsoring Hearts makes a big difference to the profitability of Ukio Bankas!

Another year where the only exposure for Ukio Bankas on Hearts shirts is in a country where they have no business and to the handful of people who watch Tango TV in VR's favourite cafe! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Where are those arguing that the global down turn and credit crunch having effect on the plans for the new stand ,why are they not arguing that it could be hindering the club finding a worthwhile new sponsor ?.

I would argue that is spot on. No new stand/development and no sponsor other than Ukio Bankas are 2 sides of the same coin.

plastic_bas

This is probably an overly positive post but I guess it will contrast nicely with some of the overly negative ones.

The thing I notice with sponsorship deals is that you tie yourself down to them for long periods of time (maybe 3 seasons or so). With Hearts doing so badly on the pitch I'm guessing the standard of potential sponsors has been pretty low and the money we would get per season would reflect that. Maybe it's better to stick with UKIO for just one more season, hopefully get into Europe and then get a more lucrative deal for the following 3 seasons.

As i said, I'm looking on the bright side a bit (particularly about Europe) but I think it makes some sense.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes, it could be.

However, if we assume that demand for sponsorship is down (which it is) then it will naturally be the case that companies will be more discerning in what clubs they wish to sponsor. That said, even during previous recessions, such as in the early 90's, I can't recall us never having one.

I really don't see what the big fuss is here,christ the Sfa couldn't get a sponsor for our scottish cup!!

Just for debate purposes.

Is there any comparison to be made between the search for a new shirt sponsor and the search for a new manager.

I think the Ukio deal has been yearly and we have searched for a new sponsor each summer?

Walter Bishop

Cant help but think the "Mangers role" will go the same way as the search for a sponsor. Lets lie to the fans, raise their hopes by pretending to be searching for something new and then do what we were always going to do in the first place, Have Ukio emblazoned across the jerseys and Appoint Frail as the master puppett.

Along with my season tickets, there will be no new strips in my house next season. :mad:

rudi must stay
Yes I am sure that sponsoring Hearts makes a big difference to the profitability of Ukio Bankas!

Another year where the only exposure for Ukio Bankas on Hearts shirts is in a country where they have no business and to the handful of people who watch Tango TV in VR's favourite cafe! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

that's there loss then..

How does our owners Bank give us money anyway?

Surely thats like him transferring cash from his wallet to his pocket?

They didnt seem to mind.... emm prob becuase they were too worried about going bust which happened a few months after gertting onboard.

Any one who thinks that this isnt a big deal need to look back....

We want to build this club on outside investment but cant find any one willign to part with good cash to be on the front of our tops.

I'm getting my mate to black outthe ukio on my home and away from the last two seasons and will do the same with the new one if its any decent.

chester copperpot
Cant help but think the "Mangers role" will go the same way as the search for a sponsor. Lets lie to the fans, raise their hopes by pretending to be searching for something new and then do what we were always going to do in the first place, Have Ukio emblazoned across the jerseys and Appoint Frail as the master puppett.

Along with my season tickets, there will be no new strips in my house next season. :mad:

Could this not have been added to the Ukio Bankas thread instead of opening up yet another thread.

Dont mean to have a pop at you mate, but it seems every second post of your's is a new thread slating the regime. Just add your thoughts to the numerous others appearing in the terrace the now.

They didnt seem to mind.... emm prob becuase they were too worried about going bust which happened a few months after gertting onboard.

We want to build this club on outside investment but cant find any one willign to part with good cash to be on the front of our tops.

I'm getting my mate to black outthe ukio on my home and away from the last two seasons and will do the same with the new one if its any decent.

How are you blacking it out?

Be good if it woud just peel off.:laugh:

ToadKiller Dog
Along with my season tickets, there will be no new strips in my house next season.

what a hero you are,

agree with chester merge this thread into the Ukio one.

Commander Harris

that reply was a response to a question what company would want to associate themselves with this shambles. Umbro were prepared to offer an unprecedented deal, even with all our problems. I take your point that umbro had their own problems but it doesn't change the fact they were willing to invest heavily in Hearts at a time when a lot of people were saying no-one would touch us with a barge pole.

I didn't say it wasn't a big deal, I just want to know more details about the deal and what else was on offer before I make a judgement on it.

Dr. Bapswent

If sponsorship is about publicity...then I think that any company would get more for their money with us than any other team outwith the OF in the SPL.

If sponsorship is about publicity...then I think that any company would get more for their money with us than any other team outwith the OF in the SPL.

Do you think Ukio Bankas will get more from the sponsorship opportunity than any other potential sponsor?

Despite the fact that very few of their customers will actually see the shirts?:dribble:

Commander Harris
Do you think Ukio Bankas will get more from the sponsorship opportunity than any other potential sponsor?

Despite the fact that very few of their customers will actually see the shirts?:dribble:

in terms of brand recongnition Ukio has done extremely well wih their association with Hearts. No one had heard of ukio bankas before - now it is pretty much a household name in Scotland, even when they don't even trade here.

If ukio bankas are going to expand into the UK/scottish market then they have a big head start when it comes to the brand.

rudi must stay
Can't wait to see the spin that the official website tries to put on this!:)

no spin at all probably. Chances are they won't even mention it

Archived