Frail finds flying solo hard to handle

slfjambo

Frail finds flying solo hard to handle

Hearts caretaker manager Stephen Frail admits being the only coach at the club since the turn of the year has made his life difficult.

The club's former right-back was handed the role in January in a managerial reshuffle that saw him training the first team and taking the reserves, and he admits the set-up has not been ideal as he has not had an assistant to ease the workload.

He said: "It is difficult to be honest. You play most teams and they have three or four coaches."

He added: "I have got two guys who are fantastic to work with and that's Andy Murray and Tom Ritchie but they are fitness guys.

"(Sporting director) Anatoly (Korobochka) is up in the stand if I need any guidance that way but I am pretty much on my own.

"For a club this size it's difficult.

"Even up until a couple of weeks ago I was doing the reserves as well.

"You train on a Tuesday then you're off the pitch to go and take the reserves.

"(Midfielder) Neil McCann has helped me out and taken a big load off by taking and helping the reserves but as you say, you look to someone in the dugout to bounce ideas off.

"It's not ideal but it's the way it is at the minute."

The fact that we have had nobody who knows how to coach forwards has been painfully obvious all season.

Intereseting. A couple of weeks back SF was banging on about how many points he'd taken outside the OF. Since then, when presummably, he's been doing all the work himeself, he's suddenly failed to take points where it mattered - Falkirk twice, Kille twice and now it's difficult.

MMmmmmmm

IMA MAROON
Intereseting. A couple of weeks back SF was banging on about how many points he'd taken outside the OF. Since then, when presummably, he's been doing all the work himeself, he's suddenly failed to take points where it mattered - Falkirk twice, Kille twice and now it's difficult.

MMmmmmmm

Are you the riddler? :confused:

The season is almost over and it has not been good enough but SF has done as well as he could puttting in a lot of work.

Not having a go at SF for his efforts. He has given it everything he's got in a position he should never have been put in.

Merely commenting that not that long ago, he was bigging up what he'd achieved and now that he's ultimately failed, his tone has changed.

You can draw your own conclusions as to why.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Frail should go to his quack, get a sickline and resign due to the "stress". Then he should sue the club for constructive dismissal. It would work in any other sphere of life if he is that worried about his workload.

I'd like to see us bring in Jim Jefferies, Stephen Pressley, Stevie Fulton and Gary Locke as the new management team.

Frail has to go, he is as tainted as all the others in the 'management committee'.

I'd like to see us bring in Jim Jefferies, Stephen Pressley, Stevie Fulton and Gary Locke as the new management team.

Frail has to go, he is as tainted as all the others in the 'management committee'.

Frail's initial spell in charge has been shown up for what it really was - a dead cat bounce. The only possible way was up, for a while at least. Unfortunately this improvement in results also kick-started the "Frail should be given his chance" lobby on JKB. We've even had a delusionist on here claiming that the permanent appointment of Frail would be an enactment of the Jan. 1st statement!

Frail has now been found out, and although he is doing his best he should go. Tainted he most certainly is. The performances of his selections in the so-called "must win" games were also an embarrassment, as were his formation and tactics.

And what's all this "I won't criticise my players" garbage? A couple of wins over St Mirren and ICT in the dead-rubber zone and he apparently thinks he's Alex Ferguson.

brellierlegend

I would jump at the chance of us getting that management team!

troonjambo

The season is almost over and it has not been good enough but SF has done as well as he could puttting in a lot of work.

i agree 100 percent he has done the best he can in horrific curcumstances we are a joke 60 players 3 coaches

The Old Tolbooth
I would jump at the chance of us getting that management team!

Me too mate, but could you imagine the outcry on here from the usual restless natives if it happened :eek:

Dr. Bapswent

People may be no fans of Frail.

But with the current situation, its unfair to lay the blame fully at his door, he is doing what he can and is on his own. Thats a thankless position to be in, and im not surprised the team shows a distinct lack of ability with no real quality coaching.

How anyone can single Frail out for abuse in that is beyond me, if its to be him as manger, the guy needs support and help, not to be put under more unfair pressure.

On the other hand, this story just illustrates how badly we need a coaching team of distinct quality. including a head coach with experience, but i think Frail should be involved in the team somewhere.

super_vlad
People may be no fans of Frail.

But with the current situation, its unfair to lay the blame fully at his door, he is doing what he can and is on his own. Thats a thankless position to be in, and im not surprised the team shows a distinct lack of ability with no real quality coaching.

How anyone can single Frail out for abuse in that is beyond me, if its to be him as manger, the guy needs support and help, not to be put under more unfair pressure.

On the other hand, this story just illustrates how badly we need a coaching team of distinct quality. including a head coach with experience, but i think Frail should be involved in the team somewhere.

I have to agree with you mate, he is a very easy target for the fans. We all know that there is no way he is ready to be a manager yet but he has tried his best for the club. Also people always go on about the 60 odd squad we have, but this is the usual press nonesense that fans take as fact. Without looking at the website can anyone even list the first team squad of even 22 ! We have lacked any decent players this year !

Dr. Bapswent
I have to agree with you mate, he is a very easy target for the fans. We all know that there is no way he is ready to be a manager yet but he has tried his best for the club. Also people always go on about the 60 odd squad we have, but this is the usual press nonesense that fans take as fact. Without looking at the website can anyone even list the first team squad of even 22 ! We have lacked any decent players this year !

We lacked a decent squad, of decent players, coached and managed with any quality.

Frail is not responsible for ALL of that.

The guy needs help, not being lambasted.

Guest JamboRobbo

As you say, and as the league table shows, SF did as well as he could, but it was not good enough for HMFC.

So back to the U-19s with you Stevie. You seem a nice hard working guy. But nice guys don't get far in football.

brellierlegend
Me too mate, but could you imagine the outcry on here from the usual restless natives if it happened :eek:

Yeah I am sure there would be a few that still pine for the likes of Mourinho and would therefore be disgusted with Jefferies.

However, since it appears that we will have to work on a shoestring I would suggest he is the best man for the job!

Archived