Tynecastle under-14 player dies playing football

Chaka Demus & pliers

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I unfortunately had to witness and phone the paramedics today as jamie was making his debut in my sons tynecastle team against spartans today. A truly horrible thing to have witnessed. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Rip jamie skinner.

Walter Bishop

I'm involved with Livingston boys club at same age group, we played tynecastle 3 weeks ago, tragic tragic news. Puts a lot into perspective, thoughts are with the family of the young lad.

RIP young man.

What a heart breaking day for all concerned.

Condolences to family & friends.

I'm involved with Livingston boys club at same age group, we played tynecastle 3 weeks ago, tragic tragic news. Puts a lot into perspective, thoughts are with the family of the young lad.

are you sj?

Chaka Demus & pliers

I unfortunately had to witness and phone the paramedics today as jamie was making his debut in my sons tynecastle team against spartans today. A truly horrible thing to have witnessed. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Rip jamie skinner.

That must have been horrible. Hope you and your son are ok.

That must have been horrible. Hope you and your son are ok.

we are bearing up, one of the most horrific things i have ever had to witness. Please god never again

Tragic, just tragic for both these families. :sad3:

Make the most of each day folks, `cause you just never know what is round the corner.

we are bearing up, one of the most horrific things i have ever had to witness. Please god never again

I was thinking earlier, I hope none of his family had to witness it.

RIP, my son & I knew Jamie from Riccarton & a very, very sad day for everyone. Our thoughts are with his family, friends, and all those touched by his life.

Walter Bishop

are you sj?

Yeah I am. What a terrible thing to have happened and must have been terrifying to have witnessed, please pass on our condolences to the family and all involved at Tynecastle.

I was thinking earlier, I hope none of his family had to witness it.

the only person from his family was his brother in law.

Yeah I am. What a terrible thing to have happened and must have been terrifying to have witnessed, please pass on our condolences to the family and all involved at Tynecastle.

I will do, thank you.

Malcolm Tucker

Completely tragic, and difficult to comprehend to be honest.

Two lads of 13 years old and 18 years old losing their lives is just so sad.

RIP Jamie and David.

Read in the report in the Mirror that the Paul family lost David's sister to a similar death in 2006.

That's so terrible it's beyond words. I cannot even begin to imagine what the family are going through.

:(

Is it just me who finds it slightly disappointing that the club havent made any comment on the website or twitter or facebook about this? Teams like Partick Thistle, Motherwell, even the SFA have put out a message of condolence, but Hearts havent, seems odd.

Read on the other thread about a poster on Hibs.net who suggested at the upcoming derby Hearts wear green armbands and Hibs wear maroon ones, I think that is a terrific idea, shows Edinburgh united together.

Is it just me who finds it slightly disappointing that the club havent made any comment on the website or twitter or facebook about this? Teams like Partick Thistle, Motherwell, even the SFA have put out a message of condolence, but Hearts havent, seems odd.

Read on the other thread about a poster on Hibs.net who suggested at the upcoming derby Hearts wear green armbands and Hibs wear maroon ones, I think that is a terrific idea, shows Edinburgh united together.

I actually like that armband idea a lot. Not usually one for stuff like that but it would be fitting for what is such a tragic loss of life of two young lads connected to each team.

maroonlegions

R.I.P to both boys and condolences to both boys family and friends really tragic and sad set of events..

562769_633815993343646_879731882_n.jpg

stirlingshirejambo

Some of his ex team mates from fernieside and edinburgh south are organising a memorial match tp commerate his life and raise some funds for his family next Monday.

they are in process of contacting some hibs and hearts young playrrs and reaponse so far has been encouraging

Whilst admirable that folk want to help, I think its all a bit pre-mature organising memorial matches less than 24 hours after the lad has died, give the family some time to get to grips with it all, plenty time to be doing that sort of thing after the funeral.

R.I.P to both boys and condolences to both boys family and friends really tragic and sad set of events..

562769_633815993343646_879731882_n.jpg

Just look at their faces. So young.

One of the worst times in our shared 140 year history.

stirlingshirejambo

Whilst admirable that folk want to help, I think its all a bit pre-mature organising memorial matches less than 24 hours after the lad has died, give the family some time to get to grips with it all, plenty time to be doing that sort of thing after the funeral.

this is the way the teenagers in our community react.

memorial maybe wrong qoed more a celebration of his life

This is third teenager in a year they have buried and it's their way of ahowing support for each other. Social media has alot to do with it too things happen at quick rate of knots now

Diadora Van Basten

I saw on Facebook that there is a memorial match being played on 30th December at 1pm at the inch. Unfortunately it doesn't say who is playing.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Just the laddies doing what they feel they should do. Some of them will be badly traumatised by this. I know what you're saying though.

stirlingshirejambo

I saw on Facebook that there is a memorial match being played on 30th December at 1pm at the inch. Unfortunately it doesn't say who is playing.

it's just 30 of his football friends including my son, and ex team mates from fernieside and edinburgh south.

several hearts and hibs young playerd have intimated they will come along to support

donations will be taken on the day for brirish heart foundation

Diadora Van Basten

it's just 30 of his football friends including my son, and ex team mates from fernieside and edinburgh south.

several hearts and hibs young playerd have intimated they will come along to support

donations will be taken on the day for brirish heart foundation

That's very good of them to do that and I hope they get a good turnout.

Archived