Tynecastle under-14 player dies playing football

Chaka Demus & pliers

Chaka Demus & pliers

Seen a couple of mentions of this on FB & twitter. Tynie U14s player apparently. Hopefully the rumour of him dying is untrue. Anyone know anything about it?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tynecastle FC @Tynecastle_FC

The club will make a full statement about the tragic events this morning in due course, our thoughts are with the family at the moment.As a mark of respect, the Under 16s late kick off game at Meggetland against Currie Star today has been called off.

Footballfirst

The lad who has been named in tweets was with Hearts for the first half of the season.

A tragic and sad sad day for his family and friends.

Tragic news, heart goes out to the family

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Poor lad. Hellish for family . Wondering if you've inadvertently chosen the wrong words there.

So sorry for the family, it is especially tragic at this time of the year . It seems to happen more frequently with young players of many sports I have not seen any explanation why. I don't know them but my thoughts and sympathy will be with them for some time.

The girl I'm seeing's boy plays for one of the 2 under 13 teams.

She's in a state of shock ATM.

Horrible news.

dalkeithjambo

I've just heard Heart attack, my nephew plays for hutchie in same age group.

Released by Hearts and this was his first game with Tynie.

Terrible thing to happen at any time of year. Also I feel people shouldn't speculate on the specifics until an official statement is made.

Jambof3tornado

Really think speculation on any specifics is wrong folks. Also naming the lad. There could be family that haven't heard about it yet.

Heartfelt condolences to the lads family and friends.

Footballfirst

I've just spoken to John Murray and he has confirmed that the lad was who I thought it was, John confirmed that he was with Hearts U14s earlier this season before being released in the last couple of weeks.

John is devastated along with everyone else and was going to get in touch with Tynecastle BC in the first instance.

Eighteenseventyfour

Poor lad. Hellish for family . Wondering if you've inadvertently chosen the wrong words there.

Maybe; no other intension other than pointing out the sheer despair this family must feel and our thoughts and best wishes are with them.

Can't imagine what his poor parents will be going through right now. Such a horrible and tragic thing to happen.

Thinking of his friends and family today. Nobody should have to say goodbye to their kid at such a young age. It's so very sad.

Maybe; no other intension other than pointing out the sheer despair this family must feel and our thoughts and best wishes are with them.

Must be devastating. 30 odd yrs ago my mum's cousin's 13 yr old son went out to play football, collapsed on the pitch, and died.. A weak heart.

Tragic news. Thoughts are with the family. RIP lad.

Can't imagine what his family and friends are going through. So sorry to hear this

Archived