• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stirlingshirejambo

He played with our under 14 tea m last year before getting picked up by Hearts

was a lovely laddie always smiling

RIP Jamie

Stuart McNeill

My girlfriends brother was the year above, he's in some shock and quite devastated. Not because he knew him, just because there the same team and he was so young.

Rip bud.

Edit : did it happen at saughton Park?

Because there was an ambulance and police cars and a lot of people running about a couple hours ago.

I cannot even comprehend the thought of this happening to a young laddie who only went out to play football. Something many of us have done every week since we were about old enough to put one foot in front of the other. It is beyond heartbreaking.

Life is indeed not very fair.

RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My girlfriends brother was the year above, he's in some shock and quite devastated. Not because he knew him, just because there the same team and he was so young.

Rip bud.

Edit : did it happen at saughton Park?

Because there was an ambulance and police cars and a lot of people running about a couple hours ago.

Just realised I heard sirens earlier and sounded like they were passing right outside my house, which was strange because the only place they could be going is into the gravel car park at Saughton. Must have been that.

Absolutely shocked, how can this happen to such a young laddie?! Devastating news. I hope everyone pulls behind his family, theres never a good time for something as traggic as this to happen but 3 days before Christmas. Truly awful. My sincer condolences go out to his family and friends. Rip

So sad, thoughts are with his family and friends

I have just been told that his parents are away and they don't know yet.

Very sad news, thoughts go to his family and friends. Terrible for the lads playing to see as well.

Tragedy like this can truly put things in perspective.

RIP wee man.

Jambof3tornado

So sad, thoughts are with his family and friends

I have just been told that his parents are away and they don't know yet.

I did worry that maybe grandparents etc may not know, yet news was spreading online very quickly.

The downside to social networking is that thousands of us found out the news within an hour or so, and as I feared close family weren't even aware of his passing.

Words just cannot express how much sympathy I feel as a parent. My son is just 16 and played football up until the start of this season too.

Footballfirst

Here's a couple of better photographs of Jamie than those in the online papers from games against Dundee Utd and Rangers earlier this season.

9xJaE1Y.jpg

vZUIIUD.jpg

Tragic tragic event - so sad for the family but also all the other boys on the pitch and having to go through that,

Tynie have released a statement on their website http://www.tynecastlefc.co.uk/newsstory.php?nid=488

"A tragic event happened at Saughton Astro on Sunday 22nd December 2013, a young boy playing for the Under 14s, Jamie Skinner, playing the game he loved, lost his life on the pitch.

In an innocuous event during the game Jamie collapsed and despite the valiant attempts of everyone at the game, and the ambulance service, attempts to revive him were sadly in vain.

Although Jamie was new to our Tynecastle family, he had up until recently been playing for Hearts, he was a prospect that un-doubtly would have had a bright future in the game. No words can fully express our grief and dismay at seeing this happen, we can only pass on all our thoughts and prayers to friends and family and hope they will get some strength from the out pouring of love and support from everyone.

Everyone at Tynecastle is in total shock at what has happened, and we are sure the youth football community will join with us in also thinking of all the players, coaches and supporters at the game who witnessed this sad event, and the club also thanks everyone who tried to assist.

As a mark of respect all Tynecastle teams will hold a minutes silence before their next game. "

loveofthegame

Reading that a hibs u20 player has died in his sleep last night too. Statement to be released shortly. So sad :(

Heard the same from a member of my family. Awful.

scottish_chicP
Reading that a hibs u20 player has died in his sleep last night too. Statement to be released shortly. So sad :(

Jesus :(

Footballfirst

It is with great sorrow that Hibernian FC today confirms the sad death of youth player David Paul (18).

David, who could play in midfield or in attack, passed away in the early hours of today at his home in Edinburgh. There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding David?s untimely death.

David?s father, Gordon, said the family were devastated. He thanked those who have contacted the family to express their condolences and offer support, and asked that his family be allowed privacy to come to terms with their loss.

Chairman Rod Petrie said: ?Everyone at the *Club is deeply affected by this. David was a talented and promising young footballer, and a fine young man. Our thoughts ? and the thoughts of the entire Hibernian community - are with his family at this dreadful and difficult time for them.

?Whilst we understand that people will wish to offer their support, we hope that the wishes of the family for privacy will be respected.?

================================

An absolutely tragic day for both families.

Jeez, there's not the words... Condolences to both families and RIP both..... Edinburgh football is a little poorer tonight.

Surely a minutes silence will be held at ER on the 2nd for both the clubs as well as Boxing Day, I think it would only be appropriate.

jamboinglasgow

horrible news, a death is always a tragedy but to see two fit young players suddenly die without any warning is even more horrible. Thoughts with family and friends of both.

RIP

Hannibal Lecter

Both families will be utterly devastated. Such terrible news to hear of both young lads deaths.

RIP Jamie Skinner & David Paul

Surely a minutes silence will be held at ER on the 2nd for both the clubs as well as Boxing Day, I think it would only be appropriate.

I think this would be appropriate too..as already said, it's not fair when things like this happen.

Archived