• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No words can do justice to my feelings reading that thread. Oh ya fooker it must hurt being a Hibee.

To be fair my record is not all shit hot

1985-86 League last day

1985-86 SC lost

1995-96 Scottish Cup lost

1996-97 LC lost

1997- 98 SC won

2005-06 SC won

2011-12 SC won

2012-13 LC lost

Overall we are decent tho, we have played in 14 Scottish cup finals and won 8, played in 7 LC finals and won 4.  Runners up in the league (top flight) 14 times. Read and weep Hobos.

We are not that great in finals etc tho. Finished 2ns in the top league 14 times, lost 6 Scottish cup finals out of 14 (which is good).

No words can do justice to my feelings reading that thread. Oh ya fooker it must hurt being a Hibee.

To be fair my record is not all shit hot

1985-86 League last day

1985-86 SC lost

1995-96 Scottish Cup lost

1996-97 LC lost

1997- 98 SC won

2005-06 SC won

2011-12 SC won

2012-13 LC lost

Overall we are decent tho, we have played in 14 Scottish cup finals and won 8, played in 7 LC finals and won 4.  Runners up in the league (top flight) 14 times. Read and weep Hobos.

We are not that great in finals etc tho. Finished 2ns in the top league 14 times, lost 6 Scottish cup finals out of 14 (which is good).

What I'd say is I'd like us to reach more finals.  The way our game has been for over 100 years, the likelihood is you'll be playing one of the big 2 in the final, so a lowish % of wins there is understandable, but I think we should be getting to a final of one of the cups every couple of years.  Cups are a bit of a lottery - away draw against Celtic, a tough away draw at an SPL side at a time with lots of injuries, a game where the ball just won't go in.... can all happen.

But I do think with our record over the last 25 years as almost definitely Scotland's 3rd team, we should get to Hampden a bit more.  And I think we will - feeling great about our medium term future!  Hibs maybe shouldn't try to think that far ahead!

What I'd say is I'd like us to reach more finals. The way our game has been for over 100 years, the likelihood is you'll be playing one of the big 2 in the final, so a lowish % of wins there is understandable, but I think we should be getting to a final of one of the cups every couple of years. Cups are a bit of a lottery - away draw against Celtic, a tough away draw at an SPL side at a time with lots of injuries, a game where the ball just won't go in.... can all happen.

But I do think with our record over the last 25 years as almost definitely Scotland's 3rd team, we should get to Hampden a bit more. And I think we will - feeling great about our medium term future! Hibs maybe shouldn't try to think that far ahead!

Maybe cups can be a bit of a lottery but generally it's one of the strongest teams around that goes onto win them.

The old firm have proved that and even Hearts.

Our wins in 98 and 06 were borne out of strong league performance imo, 2012 not so much. We were undoubtedly a very good team in both 98 and 06.

However, maybe recent cup wins for smaller clubs is suggesting the quality gap is closing a little , therefore it's even more of a lottery than previously?

ChunkyCharlie

Who did they lose to in the 2012 Scottish Cup??

Can anyone mind? My google aint working and its doing my head in.

Hammys goal celebrations

Just been watching Andy Murray being blootered out of a tennis tournament tonight, he looked completely out of sorts, can't think what it would be that had him so below par?

1985 lost to a great Aberdeen side, 1991 beat a poor Dunfermline, 1993 Lost to a decent Rangers, 2001 Lost to a great Celtic, 2004 Lose to a decent Livi, 2007 win vs Killie, 2012 lose to a decent Hearts and some poor ref decisions, 2013 lose to a decent Celtic, 2016 lose to a decent RC.

The 2012 one :D

Only final with an added sidenote about why they lost it.

The hurt is strong.

image.jpg

:qqb006:

We could kill two birds with one stone here. Oxley could be photoshopped into Ryan McGowan and we'd have two goals rolled into one! Where's Hearts007? :D Edited by Debut 4

gashauskis9

1985 lost to a great Aberdeen side, 1991 beat a poor Dunfermline, 1993 Lost to a decent Rangers, 2001 Lost to a great Celtic, 2004 Lose to a decent Livi, 2007 win vs Killie, 2012 lose to a decent Hearts and some poor ref decisions, 2013 lose to a decent Celtic, 2016 lose to a decent RC.

The 2012 one :D

Only final with an added sidenote about why they lost it.

The hurt is strong.

A decent Livi? Lol, I've heard it all now.

Has anyone seen their season ticket campaign ,"with hibs ,without hibs".

Could any genius change the with hibs footage to show cup final goals ect.

I've not got the tech savvy.

A big fat ***** of a Hibs fan tried to blame it all on them beating us. 'We peaked'. Me and my mate (a Hibs fan) just looked at each other.

August Landmesser

I was hoping Hibs would cheer me up tonight, and once again they haven't let me down. Excellent work from the Green Bottlers

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

How is the take up on that new share issue you announced a few weeks ago Leanne Dumpster.

How are the early so very early season ticket sales doing Dumpster, the wee team fans had no idea which league

they would be playing in .................. but it is becoming clearer.

• cosanostra locked and unlocked this topic