Ratings today

Coco

It might be a meaningless game, but Frail and Romanov should hang their heads in shame for not trying to win the game.

Against a bunch of lower SPL/first division journeymen managed by a proper football manager our particular brand of the worst football management in the country and overrated dross were totally shown up.

Banks - 5 - not much wrong

Thomson - 4 - looks like a First Division player

Karipidis - 4 - struggled again

Zaliukas - 3 - regularly on the wrong side, won his headers (against Fernandez) but lost most things on the deck

Wallace - 4 - very quiet going forward, but Dalgleish gave a hard game

Jonsson - 5 - wasted out on the right

Kingston - 3 - poor again

Screpis - 6 - can see why Romanov bought him off the DVD, a better version of Palazuelos

Stewart - 4 - poor

Chesney - 3 - disappearing act

Glen - 6 - I like his runs off the ball, much more to come from him I think

Ivaskevicius - 3 - must be released in the summer, not as bad as usual though

Mole - 3 - won a couple of flicks on

Frail - 0 - for the second game in a row. Cowardly performance.

When our only 3 players who like to tackle in Berra, Neilson and Jonsson were taken out of the team we lost the 2 goals. I want players with more strength than our bunch of saps brought in.

rudi must stay

Banks - 6 - no chance with any of the goals

Thomson - 5 - struggled

Karipidis - 5 - worst game i've seen from him, didn't read the game at all

Zaliukas - 4 - no need for players like him anymore, we need hard workers

Wallace - 5 - had a a real chance to put some pressure on Goncalves, he blew it big time imo

Jonsson - 6 - he didn't do much, but he certainly didn't do poorly enough to get subbed

Kingston - 4 - played like the season was already over

Screpis - 7 - MOTM. Very comfortable on the ball and he looks good in the tackle as well

Stewart - 4 - Had a quiet game, unusually his passing was abysmal

Chesney - 5 - started the game really well but as usual disappeared

Glen - 5 - needs to get a bit stronger then we'll have a real top class player

Ivaskevicius - 3 - thought Frail was getting better at bringing on subs, then he brought on Ivaskevicius for Jonsson :confused:

Mole - 4 - thought we looked abit more dangerous when he was on the ball

Charlie-Brown

I thought Jason Thomson had a reasonable game, good passing & rarely gave the ball away - Neilson is a dead end as far as i'm concerned and we should definitely stick with Thomson next season unless we get a better right back in. rating 6.5

What a shocker.

Yes I agree, I thought he had a shocker too.

As I said above though I would give him a 3. He did win some headers.

l/well gaz
Agree with all of that Coco, other than I'd give

Zaliukas - 0

what about his attempted pass (1st half) straight into the wheatfield,it made me laugh.

Charlie-Brown
what about his attempted pass (1st half) straight into the wheatfield,it made me laugh.

That's called a half-Neilson, a full-Neilson is when you manage to put it in both touchline stands during the game, a double-Neilson when you manage to cross it behind either goal-line and a triple-Neilson is 3 consecutive passes to an opponent & etc etc. ;)

Steve Banks - 5

Jason Thomson - 4

Hristos Karipidis - 4

Marius Zaliukas - 4

Lee Wallace - 3

Eggert Jonsson - 4.5 Why right midfield?

Michael Stewart - 4

Fernando Screpis - 6

Laryea Kingston - 4

Deividas Cesnuskis - 3.5

Gary Glen - 5

Only one decent player on the park today. The boy in the middle for Kilmarnock was superb. Eddie something or other they were calling him. Head and shoulders above the other 21.

If he played like that every week I'd swap him for Kingston now.

I thought Jason Thomson had a reasonable game, good passing & rarely gave the ball away - Neilson is a dead end as far as i'm concerned and we should definitely stick with Thomson next season unless we get a better right back in. rating 6.5

Neilson gets a lot of stick but Thomson is not the answer. We've played four games since Neilson's been out the team with Thomson at right back and in three of them, we've lost two goals.

As for ratings for the rest of them, only Glen gets pass marks for trying his hardest in an awful formation and Screpis did fairly well too. Agree with Coco that he could be a better version of Ruben.

Charlie-Brown
Neilson gets a lot of stick but Thomson is not the answer. We've played four games since Neilson's been out the team with Thomson at right back and in three of them, we've lost two goals.

As for ratings for the rest of them, only Glen gets pass marks for trying his hardest in an awful formation and Screpis did fairly well too. Agree with Coco that he could be a better version of Ruben.

So Thomson at right back is to blame for 2 goals conceded from crosses from the left? :confused:

His general play in possession is of a much higher level than Neilson - he isn't afraid of the football & generally finds a team-mate with useful passing - if you don't think that's important and want Neilson back then be prepared to accept more substandard football from our right flank next season.

Banks - 6, not at fault

Thomson - 2, I really didn't think there was a worse RB than Neilson, there is.

Karipidis - 4

Zaliukas - 4

Wallace - 3, really slow

Chesney - 5 decent

Jonsson - 4 never a RM,

Kingston - 4 innefective

Stewart - 2 just a really poor player

Screpis - 6 thought he looked pretty good

Glen - 6, ran about in a near impossible task

Charlie-Brown
Banks - 6, not at fault

Thomson - 2, I really didn't think there was a worse RB than Neilson, there is.

Karipidis - 4

Zaliukas - 4

Wallace - 3, really slow

Chesney - 5 decent

Jonsson - 4 never a RM,

Kingston - 4 innefective

Stewart - 2 just a really poor player

Screpis - 6 thought he looked pretty good

Glen - 6, ran about in a near impossible task

I know it's Robbie's testimonial tomorrow & he has a lot of well wishers however this is just nonsense.

If the criteria of a Hearts right back is to pass the ball down the touchline & out into the stands, cross behind the goal-line, repeatedly pass to opponents or make hospital passes to our own players, take several touches to control the ball.....then yes Thomson isn't any good at any of these things, they are not part of his game and he should be replaced ASAP! :confused:

Guest JamboRobbo

Just because people dislike neilson, it doesn't mean thomson is a better player by default. He was poor.

rudi must stay
Just because people dislike neilson, it doesn't mean thomson is a better player by default. He was poor.

agreed. He was caught out of position again alot of times and missed plenty of tackles

Charlie-Brown

You are correct JR it doesn't, Thomson is a better player because he shows better ability and use of the ball even though he's only played only 4 games this season & Neilson played 30+ .

Guest JamboRobbo
You are correct JR it doesn't, Thomson is a better player because he shows better ability and use of the ball even though he's only played only 4 games this season & Neilson played 30+ .

I'm sorry, but he didn't. He was skinned regularly all day long, and offered the square root of f all going forward.

He still young and might be able to improve in the future, but he's had a year at Livi etc so id' be expecting more if he was ready to push into the first team.

Looked today like maybe he is a first division defender.

Banks - 5 - Kicking a bit poor.

Thomson - 4 - Like a younger Neilson. Really not showing much promise so far.

Karipidis - 5 - Has outplayed Berra in thne second half of the season, however looking at the last 4 goals we conceded, our defence should be ashamed of themselves.

Zaliukas - 5 - Meh.

Wallace - 4 - Not a left back.

Jonsson - 5 - Right wing?? Faded in 2nd.

Kingston - 5 - Flatters to deceive every week.

Screpis - 6 - Looks decent. Reminds me of Palazuelos a bit.

Stewart - 5 - Seems to drift through games without doing anything.

Cesnauskis - 5 - See Kingston. Faded after decent start.

Glen - 5 - Did all he could in circumstances.

Subs:

Ivas - 1 - I've stuck up for him this season; genuinely thought there was a player there. Obviously not.

Mole - 1 - Did nothing.

F®ail - 0 - Disgrace again.

Neilson has been fecking awful for 4 seasons (not 10 wtf !).

Thomson has been pretty awful for 4 games.

We need a right back (amongst many other things).

Libertonian_II

You must have been at a different game from me. That's the first time I've seen him and to be perfectly honest he is the most un-athletic fullback I've ever seen. Lee Wallace was equally poor. At the second goal they were both skinned in turn.

Banks 6

Thomson 4 Robbie Neilson mk II(without the throw, and slower)

Wallace 4 Bring back Jose is all I can say.

Karapedis 4

Zaliukas 4

Kingston 6 Most effective Hearts player on the day. Best played in centre mid

Stewart 4 Why does he pass to where he thinks his team mates are, instead of where they actually are?

Jonsson 5 Tried hard in an unfamiliar role.

Cesnauskis 5 Should have been more involved as he has the skill to beat players

Screpis 4 One footed and poor passer of the ball. Who gave him a contract?

Glen 4 Maybe I'm being harsh as that's the first time I've seen him play, but all I could think of was comparisons with Clum

Ivaskevicius 1

Mole 2

The future's bleak. If we carry on with that shower, coaching staff and all, then relegation next season is a distinct possibility. The thunder and lightning were more exciting.

We were so toothless that Combe's best save was from his own player!

That's the worst team in over 20 years to wear the maroon

Charlie-Brown

In every game he's played so far Thomson has played with a different player in front of him as well as differing defensive partners and he's also up against opponents for the first time, any positional mistakes he might make can be worked upon and improved - remember he's only 20 & played less than 10 1st team games in total, foootballing wise he uses the ball in a much superior way to Robbie and therefore worth persevering with in my opinion as Neilson's weaknesses cannot be improved at 28/29 years old.

Youngsters will make some mistakes but the only way they will learn is by playing & improving in the first team, Thomson has already progressed beyond SPL reserves or playing on-loan in the SFL - he now needs first team football in the SPL - it is the only way he will get better.

Nelly Terraces

Thompson is gash, Elliott is gash. Wallace is gash. Jonsson is gash. Most the young players at Hearts are rubbish. Fail used to coach them. Says it all. Get that fool out the club before he causes any more damage.

Out of today's starting 11 personally I would have Banks (as goalkeeping coach and cover), Wallace, Jonsson and Glen in next seasons 1st team squad.

Karipidis and Kingston would be the only starters for me if we were a proper football club.

Cesnauskis, Screpis, Zaliukas and Stewart would all be released.

Thomson would be loaned out to a 1st division club.

Guest JamboRobbo
In every game he's played so far Thomson has played with a different player in front of him as well as differing defensive partners and he's also up against opponents for the first time, any positional mistakes he might make can be worked upon and improved - remember he's only 20 & played less than 10 1st team games in total, foootballing wise he uses the ball in a much superior way to Robbie and therefore worth persevering with in my opinion as Neilson's weaknesses cannot be improved at 28/29 years old.

Youngsters will make some mistakes but the only way they will learn is by playing & improving in the first team, Thomson has already progressed beyond SPL reserves or playing on-loan in the SFL - he now needs first team football in the SPL - it is the only way he will get better.

If he has, he better hurry up and start showing it.

What he showed today, was SFL level. He wasn't alone mind you.

Thompson is gash, Elliott is gash. Wallace is gash. Jonsson is gash. Most the young players at Hearts are rubbish. Fail used to coach them. Say it all. Get that fool out the cub before he causes any more damage.

There is no doubt that the whole Hearts youth setup should be under massive scrutiny. The early signs with Glen are promising. The rest are underwhelming in the extreme though I do think coming into the circus that is the Hearts 1st team setup is a nigh impossible task right now.

Charlie-Brown
Neilson has been fecking awful for 4 seasons (not 10 wtf !).

Thomson has been pretty awful for 4 games.

We need a right back (amongst many other things).

Signing a right-back might be a short term answer to the problem but it would kill Thomson or the other young fullback's chances of playing - and they need to play games to learn & improve as all young players do - depends if you just want instant solutions or want to try to make our own players better players?

I'd give Thomson a good run in the team & see how he improves? If he doesn't then try someone else.

You know how much I have wanted Neilson out the team so I'm as disappointed as anyone that Thomson looks mediocre, he just doesn't look like he has it to me whereas Glen quite clearly has a footballing brain.

Still, all credit to you NMH, one of the few Vladites showing his face this oh so embarassing and depressing evening.

What time you heading out for a few scoops to numb the pain ?!

Guest JamboRobbo
Signing a right-back might be a short term answer to the problem but it would kill Thomson or the other young fullback's chances of playing - and they need to play games to learn & improve as all young players do - depends if you just want instant solutions or want to try to make our own players better players?

I'd give Thomson a good run in the team & see how he improves? If he doesn't then try someone else.

We need to have a youngster who's at the stage to push his way in though. Playing a youngster who ain't got it won't turn him into a better player. If he ain't got it, we need to sign someone else, otherwise we'll be weak in that position for the season ahead.

It ain't rocket science.

I fully expect us to start next year with Neilson and Thomson as the RB options. Then at some point during the season, we'll be wondering why we haven't got a decent rb. well duh. It's because we didn't have any decent options, and we didn't sign anyone.

It's still in our hands to fix the problems for next year, so here's hoping.

NMH - Neilson is gash going forward, as is Thomson, but at least Neilson can stop his man.

Thomson looks like he has boots made out of solid led, he so unatheltic its painful to watch

Can I suggest Dunfermline or St Johnstone might be appropriate for him to 'learn and improve'.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Past giving a sh*t about rating these wasters.

Main rating for me is 0 for Frail for tactics and backbone.

Thanks Vlad.

We need to have a youngster who's at the stage to push his way in though. Playing a youngster who ain't got it won't turn him into a better player. If he ain't got it, we need to sign someone else, otherwise we'll be weak in that position for the season ahead.

It ain't rocket science.

I fully expect us to start next year with Neilson and Thomson as the RB options. Then at some point during the season, we'll be wondering why we haven't got a decent rb. well duh. It's because we didn't have any decent options, and we didn't sign anyone.

I think we need to sign a right back to provide competition and back up for Neilson. I think Thomson is bound for the first division. Grant Murray was better than Thomson today.

Clacks Jambo
Out of today's starting 11 personally I would have Banks (as goalkeeping coach and cover), Wallace, Jonsson and Glen in next seasons 1st team squad.

Karipidis and Kingston would be the only starters for me if we were a proper football club.

Cesnauskis, Screpis, Zaliukas and Stewart would all be released.

Thomson would be loaned out to a 1st division club.

Agree with you 100%

Charlie-Brown

It ain't rocket science.

How can you tell if Thomson aint got it at this stage? He's certainly an improvement on Neilson in that he doesn't waste the ball anywhere near as much but he needs support & nurturing and to work on his positioning and consistency and being stronger - but these things will only come with playing games, by the sounds of it you expect young players to burst into the team with no learning or adjustment period? That is unrealistic except with really exceptional players - part of a players development can only happen by playing first team football and they either improve or they don't. Neilson was hardly an awe inspiring prospect now was he?

If Thomson ultimately proves he can't cut it then other kids like Johnny Brown or Shaun Kelly or whoever should be tried and try to push them on but they need opportunities - getting in a new right back might solve this 'problem' although we aint exactly been lucky with right backs in the last 5 years.

Charlie-Brown
I think we need to sign a right back to provide competition and back up for Neilson. I think Thomson is bound for the first division. Grant Murray was better than Thomson today.

Grant Murray was better today than Neilson has been all season.

portobellojambo1

I disagree, respectfully, with the above Coco. I am not yet convinced that Jason Thomson is the answer, there are still a number of raw edges which need ironed out, but I sincerely hope tomorrow's testimonial will bring down the curtain on Robbie Neilson's Hearts career and we recruit a decent right back, because Robbie Neilson is definitely not the answer.

He may be a perfectly nice guy, but there is no place in football for sentiment in such situations. Many positions need fresh blood, and I would suggest both full back positions fall within this category, comfortably.

Guest JamboRobbo
How can you tell if Thomson aint got it at this stage? He's certainly an improvement on Neilson in that he doesn't waste the ball anywhere near as much but he needs support & nurturing and to work on his positioning and consistency and being stronger - but these things will only come with playing games, by the sounds of it you expect young players to burst into the team with no learning or adjustment period? That is unrealistic except with really exceptional players - part of a players development can only happen by playing first team football and they either improve or they don't. Neilson was hardly an awe inspiring prospect now was he?

If Thomson ultimately proves he can't cut it then other kids like Johnny Brown or Shaun Kelly or whoever should be tried and try to push them on but they need opportunities - getting in a new right back might solve this 'problem' although we aint exactly been lucky with right backs in the last 5 years.

If he ain't an exceptional player, we shouldn't be wasting our time, unless we want to end up with a team full of mediocre players. Thats kinda my point.

He's no improvement on Neilson what I've seen - and it ain't easy to be no improvement on Neilson.

I disagree, respectfully, with the above Coco. I am not yet convinced that Jason Thomson is the answer, there are still a number of raw edges which need ironed out, but I sincerely hope tomorrow's testimonial will bring down the curtain on Robbie Neilson's Hearts career and we recruit a decent right back, because Robbie Neilson is definitely not the answer.

He may be a perfectly nice guy, but there is no place in football for sentiment in such situations. Many positions need fresh blood, and I would suggest both full back positions fall within this category, comfortably.

I would hope that Hearts sit down with Neilson to discuss an extension to his contract in the summer.

Couldn't agree more if we're looking at signing players who are going to be back up to the likes of Neilson we're going to be in the bottom 6 for some time to come.

Charlie-Brown
If he ain't an exceptional player, we shouldn't be wasting our time, unless we want to end up with a team full of mediocre players. Thats kinda my point.

He's no improvement on Neilson what I've seen - and it ain't easy to be no improvement on Neilson.

He will prove to be a better player than Neilson even if he doesn't get that opportunity at Hearts - he will improve & get better - look at Grant Murray today an experienced SPL defender - he must consider it a travesty that Neilson got 12 years at Hearts.

"Ain't" and "kinda"? :eek:

I pictured you saying that in a Texan drawl, with a cigar hanging out of the corner of your mouth and a white suit and cowboy hat on. In this particular mental image, you had a grey moustache and looked sort of distinguished. Can't make my mind up if you're wearing a monocle or not - probably not.

Sometimes, I wonder if I should maybe seek help.

Guest JamboRobbo
"Ain't" and "kinda"? :eek:

I pictured you saying that in a Texan drawl, with a cigar hanging out of the corner of your mouth and a white suit and cowboy hat on. In this particular mental image, you had a grey moustache and looked sort of distinguished. Can't make my mind up if you're wearing a monocle or not - probably not.

Sometimes, I wonder if I should maybe seek help.

:laugh::food-smiley-004: It's good to laugh today.

Cupar Jambo

Steve Banks - 5

Jason Thomson - 3

Hristos Karipidis - 4

Marius Zaliukas - 4

Lee Wallace - 3

Eggert Jonsson - 4 Why right midfield?

Michael Stewart - 4

Fernando Screpis - 4

Laryea Kingston - 4

Deividas Cesnuskis - 4

Gary Glen - 4

Steve Banks - 5

Jason Thomson - 3 - May be ok going forward but cannot defend.

Hristos Karipidis - 5 Not good pairing with Zal. No-one takes charge

Marius Zaliukas - 5 see above

Lee Wallace - 3 - bring back Jose. Don't know what Lee's best position actually is but left back it aint.

Eggert Jonsson - 3 - never a RM in his life !

Michael Stewart - 4 - too many lousy passes

Fernando Screpis - 7 - looks a player. MOTM for me.

Laryea Kingston - 5 - seemed committed for a change but little actually worked.

Deividas Cesnuskis - 5 drifted in and out. Flashes of what might be.

Gary Glen - 4 - no support in the right areas

SF - 1 - For God's sake Steve give the 4-5-1 the heave.

Steve Banks - 4 Nothing to do but pick the ball out of the net.

Jason Thomson - 3 Murder,

Hristos Karipidis - 3 see above

Marius Zaliukas - 3 see above

Lee Wallace - 3 - see above

Eggert Jonsson - 2 - Really Really Murder.Struggles to pass in his correct position so no chance on the wing.

Michael Stewart - 2 - see above

Fernando Screpis - 5 - Tried at least.

Laryea Kingston - 4 - see above but nothing came off.

Deividas Cesnuskis - 3 Murder.

Gary Glen - 4 - no support due to poor management

sandyseymour
Agree with all of that Coco, other than I'd give

Zaliukas - 0

and Wallace and Stewart also a big 0 ...punt both along with the rest of no hopers :evilno:

Archived