Frail- please leave!

Clerry Jambo

What should happen to Stevie Frail?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What should happen to Stevie Frail?

• Sacked
    • He quits
    • Kept as First Team Coach
    • Given job of Manager/Head Coach

Ray Winstone

Think its been on the cards since about February to be honest.

Fat Striker
I bet training was sharp this week.

Buzzing........

Sure to have been a "high-tempo"...:rolleyes:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Frail-We-owe-it-to.4070890.jp

The more I read these articles, i am defo leaning towards him being our Manager next season.

I honestly thought Romanov wouldn't be that stupid (hopefully he isn't) - but to me at the mo Frail is fav for the gig!:evilno:

if romanov doesn't deliver a quality manager in the next 6 weeks i would expect there to be resignations from ogilvie, brodie and any other scottish employee who has told us the 1st of january was the truth.

if frail was to be given a managers job at hearts every person in a prominent position at hearts would lose all credability and be branded as being guilty of working for an unsavoury, unscrupulous, lying employer.

let's hope romanov stands by the 1st of january statement.

Orkneyjambo

The fact he is openly saying on radio and in the papers that he wants the job probably means he has got it but just possibly it is a kite being flown to see how much noise we make against it. As has been said on here thousands of times before We Need A Proper Manager

Please listen to us for once

What we need and what we get are two different things!

We need an experienced man who understands the club and the league.

We will get one who follows what the fax machine tells him.

Folk tell us Frail has improved the attitude of the side, and this is true to some extent. However the players know Vlad still influences all things and their attitude is affected by this.

Personally while I sympathise with Frail in many ways I think it is time he stood up and moved on. The idea that he cannot do anything because he 'must pay the mortgage' does get sympathy, but he looks like a worm! Stand up and find another job Frail, because you are not helping the Heart of Midlothian by paying your mortgage. Cruel? I hope not, realistic I think.

A proper manager would not allow it.So he will not arrive!

We are lumbered with mediocrity once again!

Toxteth O'Grady
What we need and what we get are two different things!

We need an experienced man who understands the club and the league.

We will get one who follows what the fax machine tells him.

Folk tell us Frail has improved the attitude of the side, and this is true to some extent. However the players know Vlad still influences all things and their attitude is affected by this.

Personally while I sympathise with Frail in many ways I think it is time he stood up and moved on. The idea that he cannot do anything because he 'must pay the mortgage' does get sympathy, but he looks like a worm! Stand up and find another job Frail, because you are not helping the Heart of Midlothian by paying your mortgage. Cruel? I hope not, realistic I think.

A proper manager would not allow it.So he will not arrive!

We are lumbered with mediocrity once again!

I'm confused by this post.

You want Frail to go but say that we wont get a proper manager.

Where does that leave us?

rudi must stay
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Frail-We-owe-it-to.4070890.jp

The more I read these articles, i am defo leaning towards him being our Manager next season.

I honestly thought Romanov wouldn't be that stupid (hopefully he isn't) - but to me at the mo Frail is fav for the gig!:evilno:

definatly. In truth apart from wishful thinking from us and journalists nobody else is in the running :rolleyes:

Frail appointed = No ST renewal

Appropriate manager appointed = ST renewal straight away

davemclaren
if romanov doesn't deliver a quality manager in the next 6 weeks i would expect there to be resignations from ogilvie, brodie and any other scottish employee who has told us the 1st of january was the truth.

Why? They didn't make the statement so I would expect no resignations unless they have other, more lucrative, appointments lined up.

if frail was to be given a managers job at hearts every person in a prominent position at hearts would lose all credability and be branded as being guilty of working for an unsavoury, unscrupulous, lying employer.

Don't see why it is their credibility that is at stake and there doesn't seem to be much debate on the latter part of your statement.

let's hope romanov stands by the 1st of january statement.

Amen.

davemclaren
Fail leaving would be a vast improvement. I hate that bloke now.

Doesn't it depend on who or what replaces him? :cool_shades:

rudi must stay
Fail leaving would be a vast improvement. I hate that bloke now.

same here. He can only complain about things now the people have gone :evilno:

hmfc_liam06

sure two defensive midfielders doesnt make for the best of games but can i ask one question, what exactly has frail done wrong to be pillored the way he is?

I think the last couple of months Frail has let himself down badly with both what he has said and the team selections/tactics/substitutions he has made!

I honestly think it is clear now, that he is completely out of his depth and for the sake of getting things right, he like any other member of coaching staff should be moved on!

ps The man is deluded if he thinks we only need 4 players!

rossi_1983

Agreed

Before I was happy to have him remain as a first team coach. His actions over the last few weeks mean I now want him emptied

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If we had Frail from the start of the season we would have walked 3rd place.

WOULD WE FECK. :mad:

rossi_1983

After an excellent end to a perfect season, what should become of the tactical mastermind that is Stevie Frail?

Dammit, meant to put poll votes as public, can the mods change this?

Can't help cringe at every interview a player does and it's "Shaggy this" and "Shaggy that". Shaggy for fecks sake!!

I know it's his nickname but come on .

Is it just me?

Can't help cringe at every interview a player does and it's "Shaggy this" and "Shaggy that". Shaggy for fecks sake!!

Is it just me?

It is not just you. I would suggest they know that he is little more than the owners message boy and do not give him the respect that a football manager commands.

Guest JamboRobbo

back to where he should be - coaching the under 19's.

he's a good hard working lad, and needs to learn his trade. whilst I do agree he's not good enough for hmfc at the moment - I don't think he should shoulder all the blame, since he's clearly doing a job he's not ready for.....

Is it just me?

No, it's not just you. It's good for the manager to have a rapport with the players but there has to be healthy respect (and a wee dose of fear perhaps) there too. The use of "Shaggy" shows lack of such respect. It also goes to illustrate that Frail doesn't quite have it in him to be a good enough manager yet - I would have made it damned clear to my players that the nickname was not to be used. Perhaps I'm old-fashioned? :)

rossi_1983

he's a good hard working lad, and needs to learn his trade. whilst I do agree he's not good enough for hmfc at the moment - I don't think he should shoulder all the blame, since he's clearly doing a job he's not ready for.....

I thought that too at first, but the poor level of coaching/management he has shown recently, coupled with his lack of belief in the u19s (shown by playing Zaliukas and bringing on Ivaskevicius, rather than using Rapnik and McGowan) I think should result in us severing all ties with him

In truth though, I think the whole coaching setup needs overhauled by the new man, with new youth coaches brought in, and I would possibly only want John Murray kept

The Mighty Thor
I thought that too at first, but the poor level of coaching/management he has shown recently, coupled with his lack of belief in the u19s (shown by playing Zaliukas and bringing on Ivaskevicius, rather than using Rapnik and McGowan) I think should result in us severing all ties with him

In truth though, I think the whole coaching setup needs overhauled by the new man, with new youth coaches brought in, and I would possibly only want John Murray kept

The new man? Who he?

In the words of Roger Daltrey.......

'meet the new boss, same as the old boss'

Frail appointed = No ST renewal

Appropriate manager appointed = ST renewal straight away

Even more 100% after that farce.

22games nro

:angry: aye and when you leave can you do it in a *****ing mini bus and take the lazy ,cowardly, b*stards that collect their wages every week with you ,

If I was that bad at my choosen job i"d have been emptied long long ago.

:evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno:

maroonlegions
He should leave with the very small dignity he has left.

If not sack him.

DONT KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELSE BUT HE IS REALLY GETTING ON MY T*** , "give youth a chance eh, MY A***.:evilno:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Kept as a youth coach.

Think he has something to offer the club but he is so far out of his depth as a manager it is scary.

He's trying his best to get the sack though.

Guest JamboRobbo

I see where you're coming from mate. I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

Rick Grimes

i almost agree with that, but i want a clean sweep of the coaching staff made.

Frail is as out of his depth as many of the players which is a fecking awful combination.

maroonlegions
I think the last couple of months Frail has let himself down badly with both what he has said and the team selections/tactics/substitutions he has made!

I honestly think it is clear now, that he is completely out of his depth and for the sake of getting things right, he like any other member of coaching staff should be moved on!

ps The man is deluded if he thinks we only need 4 players!

I WAS GOB SMACKED WHEN I HEARD HIM SAY THIS , he is not the man for the job , CLUM is the biggest stand out of his non-sense and tactical awareness, go now and save some dignity.:evilno:

I agree with the sentiments of the thread but some of our players are fecking imposters.

peebles jambo
I don't want him to leave, I want him sacked.

SACK FRAIL.

agree 100%, the guys not got what it takes

peebles jambo

sacked, no doubt about that in my mind, if we performed our jobs as badly as he's done, we'd be sacked

Totally agree.

What a wet little excuse of a man.

I think he should just go back to being part of the coaching staff with an experienced manager coming in. In fairness he knows the players and this could be helpful to the new man coming in but his tactics and substitutions are awful.

Demoted to a level more in keeping with his competence and replaced with someone who can actually do the job properly. He has been a perfect example of the Peter Principle in action. It's been like asking your 6 year old to babysit your 4 year old.

Drew Busby !

Wheres the "Glass of brandy, a loaded revolver and do the decent thing" option ?

rossi_1983
Suppose a pagger is out of the question?:P

Wheres the "Glass of brandy, a loaded revolver and do the decent thing" option ?

They will be in the post-watershed version :P

Everyone who has been involved in the management of the football side at Hearts - from Romanov down - should be sacked.

They have all shown the fans total disrespect.

rudi must stay

he should be Director Of Football, basically he wouldn't go to any of the games or take coaching but he'd have a title to make him look important. Answering the poll.. he should quit

Archived