Madeline McCann - Crimewatch appeal

Walter Bishop

You give me the distinct impression that you think its fine and acceptable leaving kids alone

I do? What exactly gives you that impression?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Craig Gordons Gloves

I didn't realize that JKB had so many criminal psychologists, behavioral scientists, crime investigators and experienced police amongst its members....

This is such a polarizing subject that i doubt any of us are able of forming a neutral opinion unfortunately. I include myself in that.

Based on that - i'm going wit the conspiracy theories posited by the truth for maddie website - the whole thing involves the royals, the british establishment, the british security services, freemasons, Princess Diana and cryptic messages from Gerry McCann.

I just thought that now would be a good time to remind members of the warning posted on the thread last night - and also to let you know that some members have been banned since for posting defamatory remarks.

Don't take the chance. It's not worth it.

Fair enough - thanks Uly

Doctor Jambo - I wasn't trying to entice a comment that would get you into trouble

Fair enough - thanks Uly

Doctor Jambo - I wasn't trying to entice a comment that would get you into trouble

Its fine. It is my opinion that she is dead, and has been disposed of. For reasons of politics and false hope this theory is being ignored. you no longer hear of cadaver dogs, blood spots, DNA, hire cars etc, or in fact ANY reporting of the findings in the room.

It is important also that any NEGATIVE findings are reported.

ie "we did not find blood, evidence of a clean up, footprints outside, 20 bottles of medised etc etc etc"

These negative findings would go some way to alleviating the concerns of some about the parents.....and no matter what- to large parts of the public they do have to prove thier innocence- at least if they want to keep tapping the tax payer they do,,,,,,,

Guest C00l K1d

I also think she is dead too DJ but i think its important to find those responsible.

Mind you though look at that recent story about the guy who found the lassie who had been missing for ages. I cant mind his name but the quote that sticks out is when the guy says "when a white girl is running into a black guy for help i knew there was something wrong" or words to that effect.

To be fair it is an ongoing investigation - they will be diclosing info on a need-to-know basis. I think there is nothing wrong with that.

I do not think for one second that the police are hiding anything from us purely to keep the McCann's looking good.

It also isnt fair that they have presented themselves as innocent parents - they stated that they felt guilty but had to overcome this. You feel guilt when you have done something wrong.

I do not see what is to be gained by telling the public how at fault they were every time they appear on the TV.

I don't know of them paying off their mortgage - I hadn't heard that. I assume they feel they will be of more use devoting their time to this, rather than working to pay a mortgage. Whether that is right or wrong is a different question but I don't think they have done so as an easy way out of paying.

It has to be remembered than when this comes to an end, and there is a court case, much of what people on here want to know will be used by the defence team to try and show reasonable doubt. It is not uncommon to withhold information or the reasons certain things can be discounted. This isn't a trial by media.

For me, they seem very reluctant to admit their error.

As for the evidence, much is in the public domain, and a refresher will do no harm, such as the blood found in the McCann's hire car, even it was to rule it out.

What I can not agree with, was Crimewatch took the trouble to mention the Irish family, but did not mention that they initially identified the man they saw as Gerry McCann. What is the point of mentioning this, if they do not mention what or who they thought they saw. They were happy to mention the other sighting which was disproven. They could have mentioned that they thought it was Mr McCann but this has since been ruled out.

For me, they seem very reluctant to admit their error.

As for the evidence, much is in the public domain, and a refresher will do no harm, such as the blood found in the McCann's hire car, even it was to rule it out.

What I can not agree with, was Crimewatch took the trouble to mention the Irish family, but did not mention that they initially identified the man they saw as Gerry McCann. What is the point of mentioning this, if they do not mention what or who they thought they saw. They were happy to mention the other sighting which was disproven. They could have mentioned that they thought it was Mr McCann but this has since been ruled out.

That is true.

Do you have a proper source confirming what Mr Smith actually said about him thinking it was Gerry that he saw? I saw it mentioned on one of those websites - but it didn't make reference to a source - that I can remember...

That is true.

Do you have a proper source confirming what Mr Smith actually said about him thinking it was Gerry that he saw? I saw it mentioned on one of those websites - but it didn't make reference to a source - that I can remember...

I think it is documented in the evidence that they initially said that, but it was never followed up after the Portuguese chief was removed from the investigation. It should have been though, and I do believe Crimewatch should have mentioned it, even if they immediately ruled this possibility out.

I think it is documented in the evidence that they initially said that, but it was never followed up after the Portuguese chief was removed from the investigation. It should have been though, and I do believe Crimewatch should have mentioned it, even if they immediately ruled this possibility out.

What purpose would it serve saying it then immediately ruling it out?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Not unless they could say 100% that it wasn't him.

If the police can't say that it 100% wasn't the mccanns then that programme last night was utterly ridiculous.

Geoff Kilpatrick

To redm and The Magnator: Do you understand that the McCann's attitude to childminding causes chagrin with a lot of people, or do you think there was nothing wrong with it?

If the police can't say that it 100% wasn't the mccanns then that programme last night was utterly ridiculous.

I'm not disagreeing that the programme was ridiculous but I'm not sure what evidence you think the police should have which would rule him out 100%.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I'm not disagreeing that the programme was ridiculous but I'm not sure what evidence you think the police should have which would rule him out 100%.

Surely testimonies of staff and other people at the complex would put it beyond reasonable doubt?

What purpose would it serve saying it then immediately ruling it out?

Because it is information in the public domain. They also done exactly that with another suspect.

To redm and The Magnator: Do you understand that the McCann's attitude to childminding causes chagrin with a lot of people, or do you think there was nothing wrong with it?

It was wrong.

I think it was wrong.

They know it was wrong (they've said they felt guilty - why would they if they didn't think they'd dine wrong).

They took a risk and paid the price.

Surely testimonies of staff and other people at the complex would put it beyond reasonable doubt?

Possibly but not necessarily. It would be hard to for one witness in a different place to say he was definately there at the time a witness saw a man in a different location. Peoples recollection of time can often be vague and not accurate to a specific couple of minutes if at the time it isn't something which they are paying particular interest to.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It was wrong.

I think it was wrong.

They know it was wrong (they've said they felt guilty - why would they if they didn't think they'd dine wrong).

I like the typo! :laugh:

It was wrong.

I think it was wrong.

''They took a risk and paid the price'' I think the little girl did sadly. They felt guilty maybe but not enough to apologise at any time big of them eh. Cold hearted appalling parents who deserve all the criticism thrown at them oh and not one tear either and that from the outset

''They took a risk and paid the price'' I think the little girl did sadly. They felt guilty maybe but not enough to apologise at any time big of them eh. Cold hearted appalling parents who deserve all the criticism thrown at them oh and not one tear either and that from the outset

Aye pal, right enough.

Losing a daughter isn't paying a price.

Apologise to who? You?

Christ. They got a finite period of time on the national airwaves to try & appeal for help & JKB wanted the time spent apologising, telling the world about what a mistake they made & confirming that they didn't actually kill their daughter and dispose if the body. *i do not think or imply this is what happened*

I'm assuming this is a troll?

Aye pal, right enough.

Losing a daughter isn't paying a price.

Apologise to who? You?

Christ. They got a finite period of time on the national airwaves to try & appeal for help & JKB wanted the time spent apologising, telling the world about what a mistake they made & confirming that they didn't actually kill their daughter and dispose if the body. *i do not think or imply this is what happened*

I'm assuming this is a troll?

Who said you did you just add what suits you

Troll coming from you is a cracker,the irony is almost laughable :uhoh2: An apology from the off would have sufficed Though they did feel a tad guilty for deserting their kids on numerous occasions for drink, silly me

Who said you did you just add what suits you

Troll coming from you is a cracker,the irony is almost laughable :uhoh2: An apology from the off would have sufficed Though they did feel a tad guilty for deserting their kids on numerous occasions for drink, silly me

Again - an apology to who?

My JKB was a comment on the theme of this thread today.

I'm off out now for beers (I don't have kids) so won't be engaging further.

An apology to her/ his nearest and dearest the public. I don't have kids ,no shit , enjoy your beers

As so many people have already said there are so many unanswered questions but surely if what the police say and this abduction was planned then whoever went and took the child they wouldn't just walk along the street with the kid in their arms?

The door just slammed out my hand....... Then the curtains just blew open!

:cornette:

But just before that did she not describe the door as being quite far open? Surely it would have slammed shut before she touched it? In fact, well before she even got there.

I don't know, but it is a weird case that is for sure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I think subconsciously people on here are trying to rationalise the mccanns behaviour because of their class background. Not an especially new theory but deep down although they dont like to admit it, they feel there must be an explanation as to how they could allow their child to most likely die through negligence.

The posters will dispute it, but if they could relate less to the mother/father I.e.if they were jobless/on benefits etc...they would be coming down much more harshly on them.

Truth is, some well off people are thick and ignorant and some poorer people are bloody excellent parents.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think subconsciously people on here are trying to rationalise the mccanns behaviour because of their class background. Not an especially new theory but deep down although they dont like to admit it, they feel there must be an explanation as to how they could allow their child to most likely die through negligence.

The posters will dispute it, but if they could relate less to the mother/father I.e.if they were jobless/on benefits etc...they would be coming down much more harshly on them.

Truth is, some well off people are thick and ignorant and some poorer people are bloody excellent parents.

Not sure about the first part but your last sentence is spot on.

:spoton:

There is no doubt something tragic happened to the poor girl, we'll probably never know the truth but the bottom line is this; she should never have been left alone in the first place. It absolutely astonishes me that a parent would leave their bairns in a foreign hotel room all by themselves. Regardless of how close to the room they were or not.

The fact that they still get sympathy to this day astounds me, it really does. If it was a young couple who were in dead end jobs they would have been hung out to dry by the media, not afforded millions of pounds to fund investigations.

Spot on.

I don't think that anybody has said that the Mccann's didn't make a bad decision or that their behaviour was acceptable. They took a risk and paid the price.

The question is should that change the way the police investigate it? The answer has to be no. If we are only going to allocate public resources to those that people think are deserving then where would that leave us?

I am not sure why you have included your last sentence but it is, of course, true.

I don't think that anybody has said that the Mccann's didn't make a bad decision or that their behaviour was acceptable. They took a risk and paid the price.

The question is should that change the way the police investigate it? The answer has to be no. If we are only going to allocate public resources to those that people think are deserving then where would that leave us?

I am not sure why you have included your last sentence but it is, of course, true.

Are the McCanns more deserving than the parents of the other 100 plus children that are still missing?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Are the McCanns more deserving than the parents of the other 100 plus children that are still missing?

:facepalm:

We are now going round in circles for the umpteenth time.

I said at the start that these new, sensational breakthroughs would come to **** all and I'll be proved correct, no doubt about that. So I'm out of here.

You say they made a bad decision as if they double booked a squash game. They didnt just make a mistake. Its in my opinion gross negligence that allowed their daughter to likely be killed.

:facepalm:

We are now going round in circles for the umpteenth time.

I said at the start that these new, sensational breakthroughs would come to **** all and I'll be proved correct, no doubt about that. So I'm out of here.

You could well be right.

You say they made a bad decision as if they double booked a squash game. They didnt just make a mistake. Its in my opinion gross negligence that allowed their daughter to likely be killed.

Fine.

But that should not effect the way the police investigation or the publicity they seek. I also don't think that they need to be apologising and telling the world of their guilt on every appearence.

They are at fault. We all acept that (I don't accept your class-based musings above but have no interest in getting in to it).

Spot on mate.

Fine.

But that should not effect the way the police investigation or the publicity they seek. I also don't think that they need to be apologising and telling the world of their guilt on every appearence.

They are at fault. We all acept that (I don't accept your class-based musings above but have no interest in getting in to it).

What pissed me off initially was the crass way in which they were feted by the media, the Pope, heads of states etc. That sends out a terrible message imo. Quite frankly if my son had gone missing (not that he was ever left alone in such a careless manner whilst on holiday) I would NOT have left the area until I'd personally dropped dead from fatigue from searching for him. I certainly would NOT in any way have gone travelling around the world.

As far as the case itself goes, sticking to facts and having had a look at the released documents from the Portuguese police there is something quite odd in there. The closer the chief detective Goncalo Amaral comes, in the course of the investigation and with the findings from the scent dogs, the witness statement from the Smiths describing McCann as the person they saw carrying a child on the night of the alleged abduction, and is clearly satisfied the evidence all points to this not being an abduction and he wants to call the Smiths back in for another statement before, presumably, making an arrest of whom he believes is the guilty party, he is at that point REMOVED from the job and the investigation takes a marked shift.

That type of action has to come from above and be due to a political decision. For me it's the most pertinent moment in the whole investigation. Why was pressure put on the Portuguese authorities/Police to change the whole approach of their investigation and who had clout to put such pressure on them?

I've drawn my own conclusions from the wider material available but that above is just factual and it's rather odd imo.

Maroon Sailor

The McCann's have created themselves celebrity status, They must have been on every chat show going and most news channels. They even walk round the masses as if they are on some kind of official tour, shaking hands, laughing and smiling with well wishers.

They don't deserve all this attention.

I watched this Crimewatch show the other night and it was all pretty predictable.

That copper Redwood was nailed on to say how encouraging the response has been.

They've turned this case in to a soap opera.

It will be a miracle if this little girl is found alive.

The McCann's have created themselves celebrity status, They must have been on every chat show going and most news channels. They even walk round the masses as if they are on some kind of official tour, shaking hands, laughing and smiling with well wishers.

They don't deserve all this attention.

I watched this Crimewatch show the other night and it was all pretty predictable.

That copper Redwood was nailed on to say how encouraging the response has been.

They've turned this case in to a soap opera.

It will be a miracle if this little girl is found alive.

Yeah. I mean, if your kid had gone missing and you had the knowledge and the resources to create an almighty media stooshy out of it, you wouldn't?

Of course you would. No doubt about it. If you don't, you're off your head. I'd kick up merry hell every day given the chance.

The more people that know and talk about Madeleine McCann, the more likely they'll find some sort of resolution to this case.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yeah. I mean, if your kid had gone missing and you had the knowledge and the resources to create an almighty media stooshy out of it, you wouldn't?

Of course you would. No doubt about it. If you don't, you're off your head. I'd kick up merry hell every day given the chance.

The more people that know and talk about Madeleine McCann, the more likely they'll find some sort of resolution to this case.

I think that's highly debatable.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

How so?

Because as a few of us have said on this thread, I'm not convinced that the line of inquiry the police are following adds up. They seem to be disregarding glaring gaps in the evidence.

The resentment against the McCanns for getting the government to spend 5 million on a missing child is amazing. If Hearts' debt, which is five times bigger, was just wiped out today, there would be nothing but rejoicing on here.

The same effort should be made for every missing person. If the government offered somebody on this list 5 million quid, not a single person would say no.

The resentment against the McCanns for getting the government to spend 5 million on a missing child is amazing. If Hearts' debt, which is five times bigger, was just wiped out today, there would be nothing but rejoicing on here.

The same effort should be made for every missing person. If the government offered somebody on this list 5 million quid, not a single person would say no.

You just answered it yourself!

The government should be willing to spend that on every missing child.

But here's the true part, THEY'RE NOT!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived