Madeline McCann - Crimewatch appeal

Walter Bishop

Franklin Delano Bluth

:rofl:

What stupid e-fits of two people who look the opposite.

And the description :vrface:

BWfdYabIUAEkIib.jpg

BWh0J6hCUAE-9Te.jpg

I'm not suggesting anything at all, just images for the board's consideration, your honour.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not one for posting in these threads but if the above is true, it's crazy. Having had a fairly free reign on holiday as a kid, and having been left in a hotel room once while my parents went downstairs for dinner, I'm not sure I can blame the McCanns for a one off decision, but from this, it looks like it was anything but and even when faced with upset, crying kids, they still left them at night. That does shift my view on them. Then hearing there was a babysitting service available at the resort and it starts to stack up against them. The stuff about leaving a note on the door is totally bonkers/weird. Who would do that? Why not just take the kids with them? Weird. A note FFS.

Correction to time, it was 1 hour 15 minutes of continuous crying, not 1 hour 45 minutes, typo on my part.

I see from the clips, they still say they have done nothing wrong.

As for the e-fits, they look like two different people.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The elephant in the room gets bigger by the year. In a week's time this will be thrown into the long grass again, although not before the police have bought a few more column inches by talking about "promising leads" and other such bullshit.

So is this gorgiewave character a well known troll or just a well known moron?

i assume you are referring to his earlier post asking a series of questions about what parents on this thread have and have not done?

To be fair, the McCann's took a calculated risk. They clearly thought that what they were doing was safe, given their proximity to their kids and how often they were checking on them. At the back of their minds they'll have known something could happen, but the chances of child abduction were small.

What Gorgiewave did was provide a series of questions about other calculated risks that many parents will take all the time

Do you let your kids play outside? They could easily be snatched.

Do you break the speed limit with your kids in the car? Increasing the risk of injury should you crash etc etc

I think it is fair enough to ask of all the parents on the thread who have been lambasting the McCanns

AlphonseCapone

i assume you are referring to his earlier post asking a series of questions about what parents on this thread have and have not done?

To be fair, the McCann's took a calculated risk. They clearly thought that what they were doing was safe, given their proximity to their kids and how often they were checking on them. At the back of their minds they'll have known something could happen, but the chances of child abduction were small.

What Gorgiewave did was provide a series of questions about other calculated risks that many parents will take all the time

Do you let your kids play outside? They could easily be snatched.

Do you break the speed limit with your kids in the car? Increasing the risk of injury should you crash etc etc

I think it is fair enough to ask of all the parents on the thread who have been lambasting the McCanns

Do you genuinely think his question were even close to comparable?

The McCanns left three of their children unsupervised several times in a foreign country even though they knew on at least one occasion their child was crying for over an hour without anyone seeing to her? All because they wanted to go for dinner and drinks with friends. They didn't use a nanny service that was available to them. If they took a calculated risk, the sums they did were horrible.

I'll admit I don't have kids, the reason is that I'm not yet at a stage where I'm ready for that kind of commitment, but when I am ready that'll mean I accept my life won't be as convenient as it is now. I might be wrong, but it looks to me that their children were an inconvenience on their holiday nights, that's nothing to do with calculated risks, that's people not being responsible parents imo.

To compare what they done to lettubg your child play outside equates it to normal behaviour, and it wasn't.

Nonsense. How are any of them comparable with going out on the piss leaving your kids unattended? Will add that smoking or letting anyone else smoke in front of your kids is deplorable though

What?! You do, and expect others as parents, to prevent people smoking in front of your kids? I'm sorry but if you or any other complete stranger told me not to smoke in front of your child I'd tell you where to go.

I tend not to do it and avoid it where possible, but being a parent doesn't mean you can control the populace.

Nonsense. How are any of them comparable with going out on the piss leaving your kids unattended? Will add that smoking or letting anyone else smoke in front of your kids is deplorable though

What?! You do, and expect others as parents, to prevent people smoking in front of your kids? I'm sorry but if you or any other complete stranger told me not to smoke in front of your child I'd tell you where to go.

I tend not to do it and avoid it where possible, but being a parent doesn't mean you can control the populace.

Abandoning your 3 year old child in a foreign country is not a calculated risk but complete stupidity and irresponsible.

Interested to see what the reconstruction will be like tonight. What is the official line of what happened? Is it still claimed the abductor got in through the locked window? Or is it generally accepted they went in through the unlocked sliding doors?

I watched some news from the time where it was stated the abductor went through the locked shutter window? If the abductor had been watching the apartment/family surely he would have tried the sliding doors first?

Anyone smoking near my child, I will tell them to GTF. Works all the time

That's not cool,

You would happily smoke near a child and not stop or move when asked?

I think he means in a private, rather than public setting - could be wrong though.

I wouldn't have done what the McCann's did - I am just saying parents take risks all the time. From memory, their apartment was in eyesight of where they were eating.

Guest GhostHunter
"14 October: A BBC Crimewatch appeal features e-fit images of a man seen carrying a blond-haired child of three or four, possibly wearing pyjamas, away from the McCanns' holiday flat. It also shows a detailed reconstruction of events on the night Madeleine disappeared."

This is the new evidence ? Pretty sure this was highlighted back in 2007/2008.

Also, what became of the blood spots found on the floor and wall in the apartment under the window, and also in the hire car ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Also, what became of the blood spots found on the floor and wall in the apartment under the window, and also in the hire car ?

"Possibly wearing pyjamas"

:muggy:

No-one wants to hear about the blood spots. No-one. Pretend it never happened.

Toxteth O'Grady

It was. Interestingly there is a chapter in Goncalo Amarals book about it.

Delete this if it isn't allowed Dexter

The McCann couple return to Great Britain after more than four months spent in the Algarve. It's an almost triumphant return. The media coverage is such that you'd think you were witnessing the liberation of hostages held for years in a far-off country. Gerald McCann is shown on television carrying his son, as he descends from the plane. The child's head is against Gerald's left shoulder and his arms dangling by his sides. Gerald walks across the tarmac, still holding his son closely against himself.

In Ireland, the Smiths are watching the BBC news, which is broadcasting the event. For them, it's a shock: that person, they recognise him. That way of carrying his child, that way of walking...It's the man they saw at around 10pm on May 3rd, with a little girl, who seemed to be deeply asleep, in his arms.

This image, brings back with a jolt, that of the man they encountered in the streets of Vila da Luz, on the evening of Madeleine's disappearance. It's as if the scene is repeating itself ....Mr Smith thinking he's hallucinating, sees the same report on other channels, ITV and Sky News. From that moment, he is sure: the man they came across that night was Gerald McCann. Of that there is very little doubt. Upset by the implications of this discovery, he alerts the police and waits to be called back by those in charge of the investigation.

When we receive this information, at the end of September, we think we finally have the piece that will allow us to complete the puzzle. Because of this, we may be able to reconstruct the course of events on that cold night of May 3rd in Vila da Luz. We have a better understanding of why Jane Tanner, "sent," the alleged abductor in the opposite direction to that taken by the man seen by the Smith family. Suspicion had to be diverted from Gerald who - if he was the guilty party - would have taken this route: leaving apartment 5A, the individual who was carrying the child, did not go east, towards Murat's house, but west in the direction of the beach.

We decide to get the Smiths back to the Algarve, for a formal identification of Gerry McCann - by means of televised images, certainly - direct confrontation being impossible - and possibly proceed to a reconstruction of the events of the night of May 3rd. The National Director of the Judiciary police agrees, the process is set in motion, all the details are sorted out; all that remains is to choose the hotel where they will be put up. But the Smiths were never to come back to Portugal. After my departure, the PJ were to change their minds. They asked the Irish police to proceed with interviewing the witness. That decision was to seriously delay the process since the Smiths were not interviewed until several months later. Meanwhile, rumours were to circulate and people not involved with the investigation would be made aware of the existence of this witness; someone allegedly even sought out contact with the family, without its being known to what end.

Do folk think the police have been reviewing the case for two years but have still managed to ignore, completely ignore. major evidence? Really? Because the parents are middle class, right?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

All that the constant re-enactments are doing is to reinforce Kate & Gerry's version of events.

100%

Gregory House M.D.

That's not cool,

I certainly would if it was in a public place where it was legal to smoke. People who think they have authority over smokers- :rofl:

If you asked me to move in a legal smoking place I'd laugh in your face.

You misunderstood me bud, meant in the house or being in the company of someone smoking around the kids. Random bloke in the street unless he's blowing smoke at the bairn I wouldn't bother.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

All that the constant re-enactments are doing is to reinforce Kate & Gerry's version of events.

Basically they're happy for certain claims to be seen as established fact but not others.

T O'G - I read that story earlier. Basically Mr Smith saying it was Gerry carrying the kid away that he saw that night.

Surely the McCann's footsteps can be accounted for all of that night? By friends & staff?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I certainly would if it was in a public place where it was legal to smoke. People who think they have authority over smokers- :rofl:

Seeing as how you can barely smoke indoors any more, it hardly matters.

I certainly would if it was in a public place. People who think they have authority over smokers- :rofl:

If you were blowing smoke all over my child and after politely asking you not to, you carried on smoking while laughing in my face. Then you really are a *****

Dusk_Till_Dawn

T O'G - I read that story earlier. Basically Mr Smith saying it was Gerry carrying the kid away that he saw that night.

Surely the McCann's footsteps can be accounted for all of that night? By friends & staff?

Presumably that's been done. I mean, if not then the whole investigation is flawed.

Toxteth O'Grady

They were allegedly going to and fro checking up on the sleeping kids. Their pissed chums wouldn't know how long he was away give or take a few minutes.

The thing I don't get, they say they picked a table where they could view their apartment from so how the **** did they miss someone walking out with one of their kids?

I'm not one to go for conspiracy theories and I'm certainly not going to fling any accusations around (rest easy Dex ;) ) but the whole thing stinks.

Guest GhostHunter

The chapter/passage quoted by Toxteth above - I admit I've not read before, or indeed heard about, and it's left me sitting here in a bit of a daze.

Utterly convinced that tonight will do nothing but serve to publicise the McCanns. (my opinion).

Basically they're happy for certain claims to be seen as established fact but not others.

This ^^^

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id149.html

This is a fascinating website for anybody that is interested. It is the same one that Skacel51 posted a link to above.

It's a bit of a monster though...

I have read a bit of the McCann Files before but as you say it is a monster read. I had read the Smith family story before as well. But as someone above said, surely Gerry's whereabouts are accounted for all night - I don't see how he could be involved. Did the Smiths ever take their story properly to the Portugese authorities?

Gregory House M.D.

If you were blowing smoke all over my child and after politely asking you not to, you carried on smoking while laughing in my face. Then you really are a *****

If you are standing next to me in the middle of a massive street where it is entirely legal to smoke and you are uncomfortable with your child being around it and don't move then you really are an arrogant *****. Especially if you have already had the aforementioned laugh to the face.

IMO of course.

If you are standing next to me in the middle of a massive street where it is entirely legal to smoke and you are uncomfortable with your child being around it and don't move then you really are an arrogant *****.

IMO of course.

In that situation I agree however if I was standing in the street and you stood next to me then you can GTF

I have read a bit of the McCann Files before but as you say it is a monster read. I had read the Smith family story before as well. But as someone above said, surely Gerry's whereabouts are accounted for all night - I don't see how he could be involved. Did the Smiths ever take their story properly to the Portugese authorities?

By all accounts they did not check on the kids as often as they pretended, nor was there as direct a view of the apartment as they made out (both of these things, to me, indicate that they knew fine well their actions of getting tanked and leaving the kids alone were dodgy). Perhaps he went for a long toilet break, who knows.

Gregory House M.D.

In that situation I agree however if I was standing in the street and you stood next to me then you can GTF

I tend not to move near children when I'm smoking TBH but don't see why I should move because someone is offended by it. I make a point of blowing smoke away from peoples faces in the street as well and have still been asked to move by these types of throbbers who were swiftly told where to go.

The thing I don't get, they say they picked a table where they could view their apartment PoP

There's a map in this bbc article http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24513267 admittedly I haven't followed this case very closely but the distance from the Tapas bar to their apartment seems quite substantial and with no clear line of sight.

How old were the other kids? Even younger I presume? Leaving three of them alone with one check by dad at 9:05 is far, far from responsible parenting.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Links to the Royal Family? The masons? The British Establishment? How utterly fantastic!!

Tis indeed a very strange case. Sadly a wee girl is most probably dead.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The thing I can't be doing with tonight is the anguished interviews with team McCann. I don't ever want to be in their position and I sympathise with the fact that they've lost her but it starts to feel like pr when those two get going.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The thing I can't be doing with tonight is the anguished interviews with team McCann. I don't ever want to be in their position and I sympathise with the fact that they've lost her but it starts to feel like pr when those two get going.

They try hard to force the tears out but it rarely happens.

By all accounts they did not check on the kids as often as they pretended, nor was there as direct a view of the apartment as they made out (both of these things, to me, indicate that they knew fine well their actions of getting tanked and leaving the kids alone were dodgy). Perhaps he went for a long toilet break, who knows.

With regards to the 30 mins checks - I guess you just have to take their word on that - unless restaurant staff have verified otherwise?

?

Toxteth O'Grady

With regards to the 30 mins checks - I guess you just have to take their word on that - unless restaurant staff have verified otherwise?

?

Staff would have been busy and hardly likely to have noticed exact timings of people coming and going.

Staff would have been busy and hardly likely to have noticed exact timings of people coming and going.

I suspect they would. I also suspect their friends account could not be 100% reliable. If you are drinking and enjoying yourself, someone being 30 minutes away or so, could easily seem like ten minutes only.

That's not cool,

Like I said, I don't do it, but if I was smoking somewhere and a parent and child arrived and the parent told me to stop I would refuse.

Archived