Armed Forces Day at Ibrox

Alba gu Brath

No they'd probably have shot him as soon as they found out he was a Catholic.

If you think the scarf promotes ethnic cleansing you're an idiot.

And where did I mention that then?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest C00l K1d

If the soldiers are punished there has to be some form of punishment for the rangers fans aswell, as they were clearly joining in with them

Patrick Bateman

No they'd probably have shot him as soon as they found out he was a Catholic.

If you think the scarf promotes ethnic cleansing you're an idiot.

Can you explain what the scarf means?

It's funny to see people try to defend apparently criminal acts in a desperate attempt to seen on side with Our Boys?

It's obviously a reference to keeping Northern Ireland part of the UK.

Patrick Bateman

It's obviously a reference to keeping Northern Ireland part of the UK.

It says 'Keep it Protestant' can you explain how Northern Ireland's constitutional status is determined by religion? Can you tell me what should happen to the Catholic, Muslim, Sikh, Jewish and other communities in Northern Ireland? Should these soldiers not defend them either? Ha, I'm just being glib, I doubt that knuckle-dragging cannon fodder have enough brain cells to realise that what they're doing is wrong, let alone probably illegal. Funny how they love to go on about how much they love the queen, but won't respect the laws she signs off. Not very loyal of them, really.

Bowmans_Boot

It's funny to see people try to defend apparently criminal acts in a desperate attempt to seen on side with Our Boys?

I am quite sure you know exactly what the scarf means. You can either be grossly offended by it and make out it is an "ethnic cleansing" type of message, or be normal and understand it.

On the original post - some people are pretty easily sickened.

TheMaganator

It says 'Keep it Protestant' can you explain how Northern Ireland's constitutional status is determined by religion? Can you tell me what should happen to the Catholic, Muslim, Sikh, Jewish and other communities in Northern Ireland? Should these soldiers not defend them either? Ha, I'm just being glib, I doubt that knuckle-dragging cannon fodder have enough brain cells to realise that what they're doing is wrong, let alone probably illegal. Funny how they love to go on about how much they love the queen, but won't respect the laws she signs off. Not very loyal of them, really.

Very daft laddies.

Referring to them as canon fodder is pretty off though.

Alba gu Brath

I am quite sure you know exactly what the scarf means. You can either be grossly offended by it and make out it is an "ethnic cleansing" type of message, or be normal and understand it.

On the original post - some people are pretty easily sickened.

I'm confused... can you explain the real meaning of the banner?

It's not determined by religion at all. It's clearly a reference to the Protestant majority are Unionists and wish Northern Ireland not be united with the Republic.

But I doubt you really needed me to explain that.

Patrick Bateman

Very daft laddies.

Referring to them as canon fodder is pretty off though.

The folk on here defending that must be trolling, surely? If that was a policeman, doctor or fireman, in uniform, holding that scarf, they'd be sacked and rightly so. Yet some folk have this curious deference to soldiers and are willing to let it slide, or even support them. I wonder, does that stem from a slavish appreciation of the armed forces, or something else.

If the soldiers are punished there has to be some form of punishment for the rangers fans aswell, as they were clearly joining in with them

Im not sure it would be the fans joining in with the soldiers. :)

Patrick Bateman

It's not determined by religion at all. It's clearly a reference to the Protestant majority are Unionists and wish Northern Ireland not be united with the Republic.

Then why not have a 'Keep Ulster British' scarf? Your attempts to defend this act of overt sectarianism are pretty funny.

The White Cockade

the British Army represents all of Northern Ireland's people protestant, catholic, muslim whatever

sectarianism is the opposite of what they are supposed to be all about

Archived