Armed Forces Day at Ibrox

Alba gu Brath

It is embarrassing this day in age that anyone is singing that stuff but lets no pretend the majority of soldiers are all like 'Ned Flanders' from the Simspons.

Most of these squaddies are exactly the type of person i would expect to see at ibrox singing this shite, i just thought they (or their superiors) would have the basic common sense to keep a lid on it while they're in uniform infront of folk who're going to take videos.

Their superiors were in the directors' box and probably oblivious to it.

Could you imagine the uproar if squaddies did this in England but the targets were Muslims and the scarves said BNP or EDL?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did the scarf demand religious purity for west lothian? thought not. cheers.

Fair point about the scarf.

The songs were pretty much the same as that day.

Guest C00l K1d

Their superiors were in the directors' box and probably oblivious to it.

Could you imagine the uproar if squaddies did this in England but the targets were Muslims and the scarves said BNP or EDL?

They should've been spoken to before going on though, anyone could've seen that kind of reaction from the rangers fans coming.

I hardly believe the only thing on Rangers agenda was to promote the backing of our troops either, they knew exactly what they were doing pandering to the troubles in ireland obsessed arseholes.

I respect soldiers for the service they provide but as people, the majority of them seem like arseholes.

Looks to me like you're the one getting offended by folk having the audacity to criticise soldiers.

Offended by what some sad folk say on JKB? Good one. Haha.

Fair point about the scarf.

The songs were pretty much the same as that day.

the sash, bobby sands and derrys walls?

What do you do for a living? Driver of the easily offended bus?

I work in an art gallery since you ask.

What do you do? Stoke the fires on the condoning bigotry so long as its from someone in a uniform hovercraft? What's the pension like with that?

I seem to remember most of their book being sung ?

It was a while ago though so I may well be wrong in which case my whole input into this thread is a load of rubbish :)

I work in an art gallery since you ask.

What do you do? Stoke the fires on the condoning bigotry so long as its from someone in a uniform hovercraft? What's the pension like with that?

Oooft. Dangerous. Some of these art luvvies are natural born killers.

Seriously? What do you do for a living? Does your job call upon you to put your life on the line?

I've known plenty of soldiers in my time. Many have been great guys, whereas a fairly large number have been sociopaths who signed up to the army because they couldn't get a job elsewhere and liked the fact that they'd get to use guns.

They chose their job, and are paid for it. They also aren't currently 'protecting our freedoms' in any meaningful sense.

A lot of people sign up when young and daft, and have to see and go through things that I certainly hope I'll never have to. That doesn't necessarily make them all heroes or even pleasant people.

Oooft. Dangerous. Some of these art luvvies are natural born killers.

So the number of murderers in your workplace has a correlation with being correct? I did not know that.

If so, tom hanks in the green mile must've been shit hot at pub quizzes.

PS. luvvie refers to an actor, not an artist. I guess that means someone at your work isnt actually a murderer. But who?

:wtfvlad:

Have you watched it? Or did you stop at the 'We Are the People' bit? Or do you actually agree with the Hun songs and behaviour of paid service personnel indulging in such nonsense?

You got me, I can no longer keep up this facade of not giving two shits about a bunch of pissed up squaddie Rangers fans jumping around and generally making dicks of themselves.

FWIW, I watched the full thing and still don't give a shit, an arsehole Rangers fan is the same as an arsehole Hearts fan, putting on a uniform doesn't give them a sainthood, but I also don't agree with you trying to turn everything into a "look how bad the unionists are" thread.

We all know your politics, and are sick and tired of hearing about them.

And as for me believing in they songs, aye, you got me again, I play the big drum in the local flute band. :rolleyes:

:whistling:

No, but the job of a soldier now is a choice and IMO should not be compared to WWI and II where it was not a choice.

Yes, of course it is a choice and I don't think anyone is comparing it to WWI or WWII, and yes, of course there are squaddies who are a***holes - same as in any other walk of life - no-one is denying that, but I'd like to see some of those posting on this thread having the guts to go out to Afghanistan, for instance. Some of those at Ibrox yesterday have only recently returned from the sands, remember. And there are Jambos out there right now too, let's not forget - my 18-year-old son among them!

Kalamazoo Jambo

A lot of people sign up when young and daft, and have to see and go through things that I certainly hope I'll never have to. That doesn't necessarily make them all heroes or even pleasant people.

That's JKB for you.

Patrick Bateman

Yes, of course it is a choice and I don't think anyone is comparing it to WWI or WWII, and yes, of course there are squaddies who are a***holes - same as in any other walk of life - no-one is denying that, but I'd like to see some of those posting on this thread having the guts to go out to Afghanistan, for instance. Some of those at Ibrox yesterday have only recently returned from the sands, remember. And there are Jambos out there right now too, let's not forget - my 18-year-old son among them!

No thanks, defending Afghan opium crops from falling into Al Qaeda hands doesn't really strike me as worth losing limbs or dying for, nor is is a noble or worthwhile cause that protects anyone here.

So you're basically saying you agree, but we're still all cowards anyway? Okay.

Being brave and being a hero aren't the same thing.

So you're basically saying you agree, but we're still all cowards anyway? Okay.

Being brave and being a hero aren't the same thing.

I wouldn't expect you to agree with me anyway - and fail to see where I called anyone a coward. Still, when my brave son returns, he'll be a hero in my eyes even if not in yours, and [modedit]

I wouldn't expect you to agree with me anyway - and fail to see where I called anyone a coward. Still, when my brave son returns, he'll be a hero in my eyes even if not in yours, and [modedit]

I'm going to leave it here as even you don't seem to know what point you're meant to be making. Hope your son gets home okay.

Exactly. Some real cowards on this thread who think it's cool to diss our armed forces. Sad.

Wonder if those boys would have the back of a Catholic comrade on the battlefield? Similarly if the scarf wanted the UK "black free" would that be ok because they are soldiers?

My mate's in the RAF and was there yesterday. He was saying the squaddies were totally hammered before they went out on the pitch. He had a great time but I'll be sure to inform how sickened he's made the op, I'm sure he'll be devastated :jj:

If he's a Rangers fan , I doubt it. But then I'm sure you're being "ironic".

Can't wait for the seethe fest on JKB when the Green Brigade unfurl their next set of banners on the next poppy day.

exactly, anyone who doesn't applaud a soldier who'll sing the sash and happily pose for pictures with a scarf that demands Ulster be kept pure of fenians is a traitor. Everyone in a uniform is beyond reproach. They fight so that we have the liberty to think and do as we please - and if you dont use that liberty to mindlessly praise oor brave laddies you can go home.

I especially applaud the ones that piss on their captives.

The only soldier I know done time for being involved in the death of someone :lol:

very surprised you only know one soldier but maybe thats a sign of the times

seemed like half the school joined up when I was a lad

very surprised you only know one soldier but maybe thats a sign of the times

seemed like half the school joined up when I was a lad

I don't know any.

Seriously? What do you do for a living? Does your job call upon you to put your life on the line?

no but then i didnt voluntarily sign up for a job that involves 'putting my life on the line'. the folk in the armed forces VOLUNTEER to join the army, navy etc. if they die on duty then there should be no surprise, its part of the job. they also sign up for a job that involves KILLING PEOPLE.

A group of folk hired to do the bidding and killing of politicians and ceo's of massive corporate machines. What heroes.

Franklin Delano Bluth

no but then i didnt voluntarily sign up for a job that involves 'putting my life on the line'. the folk in the armed forces VOLUNTEER to join the army, navy etc. if they die on duty then there should be no surprise, its part of the job. they also sign up for a job that involves KILLING PEOPLE.

A group of folk hired to do the bidding and killing of politicians and ceo's of massive corporate machines. What heroes.

Not just that, 'oor laddies' kill a lot more people than suffer casualties. Furthermore, often 'oor laddies' kill innocent people (so proud of oor brave heroes :smuggy:) and don't have to suffer repercussions.

Gregory House M.D.

Rangers [sevco] have tried for years to try and eclipse the true and ultimate sacrifice of McCreas battalion and they NEVER will,we know it they know and the more they try the more emberrassing it becomes, they will NEVER be as proud of their lot as we are of our boys.

cringe.gif

This article sums it up perfectly.

Yup. It's totally inappropriate and cringeworthy and everything but bottom line is they shouldn't ever have been in that position. Or if they are, they should be properly briefed - some folk clearly need to be told that they shouldn't behave like arseholes, especially when in work uniform.

Aside from that, it's not like we're not used to seeing Rangers embarrass themselves. Or Celtic either for that matter.

The Real Maroonblood

Yup. It's totally inappropriate and cringeworthy and everything but bottom line is they shouldn't ever have been in that position. Or if they are, they should be properly briefed - some folk clearly need to be told that they shouldn't behave like arseholes, especially when in work uniform.

Aside from that, it's not like we're not used to seeing Rangers embarrass themselves. Or Celtic either for that matter.

Unfortunately I doubt we will ever see Scotlands' shame disappear.

Patrick Bateman

Am I alone in thinking this Rangers branded Armed Forces Day was put on purely to distract their moronic fans from their on-going financial crisis and in the hope that, once again, their fans will focus on the 'Timmy/Kafflic/IRA loving' establishment that is apparently bashing their club, Their Boys and their Queen, rather than the potentially criminal actions of the Rangers board? It seems to have worked a treat.

portobellojambo1

but I defend the right of individuals to believe in anything they want.

1174643_618233448229500_10476409_n.jpg

Do you really, you don't seem to be defending the rights of the soldiers above to believe in what they want.

Do you really, you don't seem to be defending the rights of the soldiers above to believe in what they want.

Not when they're in uniform.

:facepalm:

Of course not. With freedom and rights comes responsibilties. You have the responsibility not to infringe upon the freedom of others.

How old are you?

This handful of eejit squaddies did more to sully the Armed Forces than any bunch of Green Brigade loons. They're paid to know better. My dad and others of the older generation had more dignity in their wee finger than these welts have together.

Anyway, I presume you condemn what happened?

Well said Alex Thomson.

Alba gu Brath

The army investigating the incident.

:jjyay:

The army are a bunch of leftie Tim Nats...

Still, more trouble for Sevco. :bobby:

MacDonald Jardine

Wonder if those boys would have the back of a Catholic comrade on the battlefield? Similarly if the scarf wanted the UK "black free" would that be ok because they are soldiers?

No they'd probably have shot him as soon as they found out he was a Catholic.

If you think the scarf promotes ethnic cleansing you're an idiot.

Guest GhostHunter

How dare you say that i'm trying to get some sort of one upmanship by using those brave boys. Don't judge me by your standards which are obviously very low. The point is, ever since their players didn't sign up that club as a whole has felt the need to TRY and prove they're British at every oppurtunity. Who's crass now?

I think you need to take time out to reflect on what you post.

Your post WAS crass and distasteful.

God bestowed you with a brain and common sense - it would be VERY prudent to put both to good use going forwards.

The Real Maroonblood

I think you need to take time out to reflect on what you post.

Your post WAS crass and distasteful.

God bestowed you with a brain and common sense - it would be VERY prudent to put both to good use going forwards.

Whose God?

Archived