Watches

jack D and coke

4 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Cheers. I'm going to pop up but unsure what time to go. 

I've read that these will be made available online in the future, so hopefully that puts the scalpers off. 

Yeah, been confirmed by Swatch that they’ll be available online so anyone buying off a scalper wants their head read - same with the Casioaks when they came out.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• Sten Guns

• cosanostra

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Mrs is at Covent Garden, Q is apparently 3k long 🤣

Rumours of only 140 watches per store. Madness. They'll be online in days.

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Rumours of only 140 watches per store. Madness. They'll be online in days.

yeah, not a limited edition.👍

Carl Weathers

Any updates from the queues? I've seen some pics and videos from other locations and they look like complete shit shows.

Carl Weathers
55 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

They look like cheap shit from a quick zoom in of three photos.

They do look bad there. One good thing about missing out today is that we will be able to make a more informed decision once the hype dies down. 

Carl Weathers

Just seen videos of the queue. Looks like around 1k people. And rumours that there are only 150 watches. 

I've never seen hype like this for a watch.

9 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Just seen videos of the queue. Looks like around 1k people. And rumours that there are only 150 watches. 

I've never seen hype like this for a watch.

Oxford Street confirmed they only had 270.

Carl Weathers

Just read this on another forum:

Watches trading already in the Edinburgh queue. Person next to my son just paid £600 for a Mission to Mars. He also says loads of people have arrived to join their mates in front of him so the chances are reducing.

Just back,  went up at 7.30, Edinburgh had 200 watches only, only found this out at 9 when one of the staff came out and informed the crowd, queue was around the corner onto Frederick Street, along Rose Street onto Castle Street and up to George Street, we  didn’t join it, we went for a coffee and came back just before 9, basically for a nose, folk trying, and succeeding, at queue jumping. They will be getting more the middle of the week.

15 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Just back,  went up at 7.30, Edinburgh had 200 watches only, only found this out at 9 when one of the staff came out and informed the crowd, queue was around the corner onto Frederick Street, along Rose Street onto Castle Street and up to George Street, we  didn’t join it, we went for a coffee and came back just before 9, basically for a nose, folk trying, and succeeding, at queue jumping. They will be getting more the middle of the week.

That queue jumping is making me angry. I'd be going mental if I was there and near the front with folk doing that.

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That queue jumping is making me angry. I'd be going mental if I was there and near the front with folk doing that.

Staff came out the shop just before 9 and taped off the queue, told the guy at the front of the queue ( Who was there from 7.30pm ) to hold one end while he snaked along the queue with the tape, a few folk hanging about trying to jump the q, watched one guy (Q jumper) take the tape from the front guy, so he could get himself and his 2 mates into the Q, *******s.

Carl Weathers
10 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Staff came out the shop just before 9 and taped off the queue, told the guy at the front of the queue ( Who was there from 7.30pm ) to hold one end while he snaked along the queue with the tape, a few folk hanging about trying to jump the q, watched one guy (Q jumper) take the tape from the front guy, so he could get himself and his 2 mates into the Q, *******s.

No doubt the queue jumpers watch will be on ebay by now. 

5 hours ago, Zico said:

****ing mentalists. Swatch already said they’ll be available online at some point!

I followed the link to official site a previous poster put up..

They're indicating a price of just over £200...

Am I missing something??

Seems to me to be the same type of w that q's for a *** iPhone. 

I'm hugely confused... 

6 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

No doubt the queue jumpers watch will be on ebay by now. 

One on ebay now...with a buy it now price of £8,400

5 minutes ago, sinks said:

Which is a hell of a lot more than you’d pay for a real Speedmaster. 

Carl Weathers
12 minutes ago, sinks said:

Must be folk taking the piss with no intention of paying eh. 

54 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Must be folk taking the piss with no intention of paying eh. 

Yeah, can only imagine. Either that or an extremely clueless idiot.

I did hear of one person buying one today in Edinburgh then immediately being offered and accepting £1,300 for it outside the shop. 

dobmisterdobster
18 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Yeah, can only imagine. Either that or an extremely clueless idiot.

I did hear of one person buying one today in Edinburgh then immediately being offered and accepting £1,300 for it outside the shop. 

If you're willing to spend that much money at least buy a watch that's actually worth that much. These watches are 250 CHF and are not limited edition.

Seymour M Hersh
On 26/03/2022 at 10:36, Zico said:

****ing mentalists. Swatch already said they’ll be available online at some point!

Indeed. Swatch have also said they are not limited editions so will always be available. 

dobmisterdobster
1 minute ago, weegranty said:

I see one just sold on ebay for £7600,crazy money.

You could buy a proper Omega Speedmaster for around half that price.

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I'd bet the sale never went through.

Another one sold for £3600 with 26 bids. If you win an auction are you not legally bound to pay?

Just now, weegranty said:

Another one sold for £3600 with 26 bids. If you win an auction are you not legally bound to pay?

What they going to do? Email you into submission?

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

What they going to do? Email you into submission?

I don't know what they can do,not sure on their rules. Still stupid crazy money though for a £207 watch.

Looks like a lot of the mania has gone from the MoonSwatch feeding frenzy.  Going rate for most is now about £600.  You should soon be able to get one for a fair bit nearer the RRP if you don't want to wait on Swatch restocking stores or putting them on ecommerce.

I'm going to get one of the less garish ones at some point,  but not at more than £300.

Edited by Victorian

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Looks like a lot of the mania has gone from the MoonSwatch feeding frenzy.  Going rate for most is now about £600.  You should soon be able to get one for a fair big nearer the RRP if you don't want to wait on Swatch restocking stores or putting them on ecommerce.

I'm going to get one of the less garish ones at some point,  but not at more than £300.

They're back in stock apparently.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

They're back in stock apparently.

I wonder if the stores will be well restocked at £207 and if the online price will match.  It's an odd contradiction of a price point.  In one sense it's over-priced at £207 from a Swatch vfm point of view.  But demand dictates price and Swatch could retail them for quite a bit more.

Edited by Victorian

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I wonder if the stores will be well restocked at £207 and if the online price will match.  It's an odd contradiction of a price point.  In one sense it's over-priced at £207 from a Swatch vfm point of view.  But demand dictates price and Swatch could retail them for quite a bit more.

I can't see them changing the price. Princes Street store had stock today.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

That explains the calming resell market.  I'll keep an eye on it.  I'm not paying a daft price for one but might as well get one.  I miss the real Moon Watch I had.  

I'm down to two watches these days.

Sapphire Sandwich Moonwatch with the huge box set, NATO strap and the space suit NATO etc and a Rolex no date Sub.

I've not bought or really thought about buying anything else in a few years now. I probably won't either. Entirely happy with those two.

11 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I'm down to two watches these days.

Sapphire Sandwich Moonwatch with the huge box set, NATO strap and the space suit NATO etc and a Rolex no date Sub.

I've not bought or really thought about buying anything else in a few years now. I probably won't either. Entirely happy with those two.

Oh ffs.  I also had a no date,  2 liner.  I miss that more.  Sold it too cheaply and they're now worth more than double what I got on it.  Bought it well though.  

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Oh ffs.  I also had a no date,  2 liner.  I miss that more.  Sold it too cheaply and they're now worth more than double what I got on it.  Bought it well though.  

I've seen average 2nd hand no date subs going for $25k AUD when RRP is about $11k. Absolutely crazy at the moment. 

Even the retail price on my Moonwatch is almost double what I paid for it at a duty free closing down sale at my local airport. I guess demand is outstripping supply at the moment.

Kind of want a MoonSwatch for the novelty and I love space, but also still pining after a black bay S&G which would be a needless £207 out of my budget. Each year I say I'll get one as the price slowly increases 😂

Carl Weathers
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Do you know if they had many in stock? 

9 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Do you know if they had many in stock? 

I don't I'm afraid. My mate's wife works in a jewellers in town and some of her colleagues went and bought them. She said last night that they may be sold out again. Probably worth phoning them before heading up. Sounds like they will probably get stock quite sporadically and without the fanfare of the initial launch.

11 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I've seen average 2nd hand no date subs going for $25k AUD when RRP is about $11k. Absolutely crazy at the moment. 

Even the retail price on my Moonwatch is almost double what I paid for it at a duty free closing down sale at my local airport. I guess demand is outstripping supply at the moment.

:Agree:

It's unreal how much Rolexes appreciate.  Even vintage Oysterdates,  Datejusts and Air Kings,  etc.  Maybe not so much if you factor in having an investment properly serviced regularly.  But if you take a chance on not bothering then money can be made.  

Not for me these days.  The hassle of buying and selling valuable watches lost it's appeal.  

Carl Weathers
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I don't I'm afraid. My mate's wife works in a jewellers in town and some of her colleagues went and bought them. She said last night that they may be sold out again. Probably worth phoning them before heading up. Sounds like they will probably get stock quite sporadically and without the fanfare of the initial launch.

Cheers mate. 

I'll give them a call next week. Only really after a Moon or Mercury.