windows phone

superjack

I've just bought my daughter the HTC windows phone 8s and i'm pretty impressed with the software setup on the handset.

although the handset feels a bit plastic, if the phone was of better quality, I wouldn't hesitate on getting for myself.

mind you, it might be better than I think, so what are peoples opinions of this phone, and what other options are about for windows phones?

Windows Phones are way behind in the smartphone market with a single-digit percentage share.

They won't get most of the major apps that are released on IPhones and Google's Android.

I recently got myself into the modern smartphone age with a Samsung Galaxy S4 that runs Android. Its pretty good.

Microsoft are making serious errors in the phone, tablet, and desktop PC market at present. Lets not even go into the abysmal Windows 8 which they forced on a Desktop users who were perfectly happy with Windows 7's standard look and feel.

I'm going off on a rant now, but Microsoft are even screwing up Visual Studio by dropping major features such as MSI Setup projects in favour of development tools for Windows Phone. No software houses who need the money will develop for Windows Phone - there is no big market there.

Windows Phones are way behind in the smartphone market with a single-digit percentage share.

They won't get most of the major apps that are released on IPhones and Google's Android.

I recently got myself into the modern smartphone age with a Samsung Galaxy S4 that runs Android. Its pretty good.

Microsoft are making serious errors in the phone, tablet, and desktop PC market at present. Lets not even go into the abysmal Windows 8 which they forced on a Desktop users who were perfectly happy with Windows 7's standard look and feel.

I'm going off on a rant now, but Microsoft are even screwing up Visual Studio by dropping major features such as MSI Setup projects in favour of development tools for Windows Phone. No software houses who need the money will develop for Windows Phone - there is no big market there.

I was wondering why there wasn't much choice on handsets, at least I know why. But it is a good set up, mind you, I must be in a small minority, as I love windows 8 on my desktop.

Looks like I might just stick with my original plan for myself and go for the s4 mini

Archived