What happens IF we go into liquidation after the season starts?

Ecce Romanov

Ecce Romanov

Apols if this has been addressed elsewhere.

I presume we'd automatically be relegated, but to where?

kingantti1874

We wouldn't be relegated... Wed have to sit out the season...

That is the worst case scenario, arguably we wouldn't have time to arrange a newco before the season starts as it is

Geoff Kilpatrick

HMFC removed from the league and it effectively becomes an 11 team league.

After that, it is all over.

HMFC removed from the league and it effectively becomes an 11 team league.

After that, it is all over.

Wheesht.

We will survive.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wheesht.

We will survive.

It was an answer to the question.

Sparticus was to die and everyone in his clan said " I am Sparticus"

His memory lives forever, but sadly they were all crucified.

IF we go down and out we will go down with dignity, and I'll see you all

over at Sauchton Park on Saturdays until we can get organised and apply for the 2nd Divison.

Huns might have done walking away

But

Hearts are never about dying.

gingerjambo190512

We'll take a massive support to Linlithgow Rose until theres a Hearts to support again

Apols if this has been addressed elsewhere.

I presume we'd automatically be relegated, but to where?

Hopefully won't come to this but it wouldn't be relegation, it would be what happened to rangers - if we are lucky.

Hopefully won't come to this but it wouldn't be relegation, it would be what happened to rangers - if we are lucky.

Not if the season has started, its game over.

It would probably end up an 11 team league with some point's deduction or point's given to teams we have already and still to play, IMO the SPFL and the SFA would find some way of keeping us in the SPFL, Scottish football cannot afford to lose a team the size of ours, as the Gasman has already stated the SPL and the SFA are doing everything possible to keep us in the game and I can't see that changing because we are liquidated.

Not if the season has started, its game over.

You're right, possibly the bottom tier the following season or maybe the Lowland League ?

The Treasurer

It would probably end up an 11 team league with some point's deduction or point's given to teams we have already and still to play, IMO the SPFL and the SFA would find some way of keeping us in the SPFL, Scottish football cannot afford to lose a team the size of ours, as the Gasman has already stated the SPL and the SFA are doing everything possible to keep us in the game and I can't see that changing because we are liquidated.

Not having a go here, but what exactly have the spfl/sfa or any other official body done to keep us in the game. I've racked my brain and can't honestly think of anything

I could see a situation where the spfl could give us some dispensation and lets us in to league 2 for the 14/15 season

Not having a go here, but what exactly have the spfl/sfa or any other official body done to keep us in the game. I've racked my brain and can't honestly think of anything

Ask the Gasman, I just know they are helping us as much as they can.

The Treasurer

Ask the Gasman, I just know they are helping us as much as they can.

Gasman isn't on this thread so I'm asking you.

I could see a situation where the spfl could give us some dispensation and lets us in to league 2 for the 14/15 season

If we have a ground to play in that meets the criteria and enough finances we will be in the SPFL, of that I have no doubt.

Gasman isn't on this thread so I'm asking you.

TBH I couldn't give specifics but I've been told that the SFA and SPFL are giving Hearts as much help as possible and the Gasman confirmed it on another thread, he is far more connected than me to the inner workings at Tynecastle.

Can you imagine a scenario like the coupons when games were postponed? A committee meeting to decide if the team next playing Hearts would win, lose or draw now that would be fun to watch!

The kind of help we need is a suspended sentence when they next meet( tomorrow I believe) to decide our punishment.

TBH I couldn't give specifics but I've been told that the SFA and SPFL are giving Hearts as much help as possible and the Gasman confirmed it on another thread, he is far more connected than me to the inner workings at Tynecastle.

The kind of help we need is a suspended sentence when they next meet( tomorrow I believe) to decide our punishment.

They really can't do that though can they, we have broken the rules so therefore will be punished accordingly, I would be very surprised if we are given a fine though, signing embargo for a year or something of that ilk, any punishment the SFA hand out will not make one bit difference to our current predicament anyway.

I'm not sure what punishments they can actually impose, a fine, an embargo a points deduction what else is there? In fact I think that 2 body's imposing 2 punishments for what is in effect 1 "crime" is wrong.

They really can't do that though can they, we have broken the rules so therefore will be punished accordingly, I would be very surprised if we are given a fine though, signing embargo for a year or something of that ilk, any punishment the SFA hand out will not make one bit difference to our current predicament anyway.

Not sure about that rudi, it would make out current situation worse IMO.

I'm not sure what punishments they can actually impose, a fine, an embargo a points deduction what else is there? In fact I think that 2 body's imposing 2 punishments for what is in effect 1 "crime" is wrong.

Does it really matter, we are part of the SPFL and are members of the SFA, it's UEFA who made sure we had sanctions in place for clubs entering administration, UEFA were fuming mad when der hun took the SFA to court over their original transfer/signing ban and won so the SFA had to act and make rules and regs more solid when it came to this.

Not sure about that rudi, it would make out current situation worse IMO.

Howzat, what odds does it make to the Lithuanian administrators if we have an extended signing ban.

The Treasurer

Does it really matter, we are part of the SPFL and are members of the SFA, it's UEFA who made sure we had sanctions in place for clubs entering administration, UEFA were fuming mad when der hun took the SFA to court over their original transfer/signing ban and won so the SFA had to act and make rules and regs more solid when it came to this.

I'll take the same "punishment" sevco got. A suspended token fine, a transfer embargo with a months grace to sign as many players as we could and the end date meaning we can sign as many players as we want on pre contracts so we can register them the day after the transfer embargo ends. So in effect we would miss out on one transfer window in January

They have a problem with us right now in that we are a few days away from the first KO of the new season, we are in admin and the word liquidation is being banded around freely right now. If we are liquidated the top league becomes an 11 team no relegation, winners already decided, sponsor-less farce, which will have no interest to anyone......the SPFL's problem not the SFA's but the over-all damage to the "product" is a concern for both governing bodies. Should we survive and they slap us with a host of sanctions then its as good as an 11 team league and may actually contribute to it becoming an 11 team league.

IMO, Donkey and his cohorts will be having an "off the record" with the SFA and requesting another member of their committee be unavailable or some such thing to prevent any SFA ruling right now. If the SFA ignore this advice and bash on with a fit and proper punishment (as they see it) then they can live with the fall out from it. The coefficient will continue to plummet, more teams will struggle financially as gates drop and less sponsorship money is available.

As a governing body they should be acting in the best interests of the game, Livingston, Dunfermline, Rangers, Hearts..........tip of the iceberg IMO.

Howzat, what odds does it make to the Lithuanian administrators if we have an extended signing ban.

Meant financial penalty, you did say 'any',

They won't give us a fine as we couldn't f -- eckin pay it. So they neednt bother.

.. if we survive.

Its still 50-50, no point worrying this coming week guys.

I understand but I still think its wrong for 2 body's to impose punishments on anyone.

I'll take the same "punishment" sevco got. A suspended token fine, a transfer embargo with a months grace to sign as many players as we could and the end date meaning we can sign as many players as we want on pre contracts so we can register them the day after the transfer embargo ends. So in effect we would miss out on one transfer window in January

Old Rangers got the fine and newco got a suspended transfer embargo, we too right now can sign as many players as we want if they don't want a wage that is, there is nothing to stop us doing that we, like der hun just cannot register them, if we went into liquidation and a good few or our players walked I would think we to would be given time to sign new players can't see why not.

Old Rangers got the fine and newco got a suspended transfer embargo, we too right now can sign as many players as we want if they don't want a wage that is, there is nothing to stop us doing that we, like der hun just cannot register them, if we went into liquidation and a good few or our players walked I would think we to would be given time to sign new players can't see why not.

IIRC, THE Rangers accepted the transfer embargo as part of the hooky deal to get them league status.

I understand but I still think its wrong for 2 body's to impose punishments on anyone.

Yeh but it really doesn't matter because we're getting an embargo regardless, rules and regs mate if they don't dot the i's and cross the t's then they get the scenario like der hun taking them to court.

IIRC, THE Rangers accepted the transfer embargo as part of the hooky deal to get them league status.

Hooky, it's not hooky it would be bloody suicide if they didn't let them back in, like they will for us as long as we meet the criteria, if it's that "hooky" why hasn't anyone taken it to court if they think some law has been broken, why don't you do it, it's your right as a citizen.

It's not punishment it's just the consequences of going into administration.

Hooky, it's not hooky it would be bloody suicide if they didn't let them back in, like they will for us as long as we meet the criteria, if it's that "hooky" why hasn't anyone taken it to court if they think some law has been broken, why don't you do it, it's your right as a citizen.

I suggest if you want an answer to this you read through the Rangers thread. Suicide or not but they broke there own rules to let Rangers in. Do I care - no. I was pointing out the transfer embargo was part of a deal and should not be considered the norm.

Charlie-Brown

Rangers weren't let back in Rangers are being liquidated. Their copycat replacement club Sevco Scotland were admitted into Scottish football even though they didn't meet the entry criteria they let the new club join.

We wouldn't get back in either, we would be dead just like Rangers are. How a new Hearts club would be treated is anyone's guess.

I suggest if you want an answer to this you read through the Rangers thread. Suicide or not but they broke there own rules to let Rangers in. Do I care - no. I was pointing out the transfer embargo was part of a deal and should not be considered the norm.

In what way, being serious here?

There's a list of criteria you have to meet to be given a licence to play - The Rangers/Sevco met very few, but were allowed in, to be allowed in they accepted a number of sanctions - one of which was a transfer embargo.

Charlie-Brown

All clubs are supposed to be able to provide 3 years financial accounts. Obviously newly created clubs Gretna 2008 and Sevco The Rangers couldn't provide these as they'd only just been created. The Rangers were given entry but Gretna had to seek entry at a lower level as they didn't meet entry criteria neither did Sevco.

There's a list of criteria you have to meet to be given a licence to play - The Rangers/Sevco met very few, but were allowed in, to be allowed in they accepted a number of sanctions - one of which was a transfer embargo.

List away bud, I'm curious as to what has been reported as "gospel" on the hun thread, because most of what I've seen is tweets for someone to someone else.

To start you off.

Letting a brand new club with no accounts for the last three years, (never mind not even having a bank account) join the senior leagues. (without a voting/nomination process or even allowing other 'junior' clubs to apply)

List away bud, I'm curious as to what has been reported as "gospel" on the hun thread, because most of what I've seen is tweets for someone to someone else.

I really can't be arsed, I have no care for them or the rights and wrongs of their entry. I was pointing out that anything that happened this time last year to Rangers / The Rangers cannot be a guide to our fate.

All clubs are supposed to be able to provide 3 years financial accounts. Obviously newly created clubs Gretna 2008 and Sevco The Rangers couldn't provide these as they'd only just been created. The Rangers were given entry but Gretna had to seek entry at a lower level as they didn't meet entry criteria neither did Sevco.

http://www.scottishf...=3&newsID=10204

When did Gretna 2008 seek permission to enter the SFL?

I wish this myth about teams getting liquidated and then relegated to the third division would stop. Any team (other than the Old Firm) that goes out of business has to reform and apply to join the league along with other non-league applicants. Airdrie United had to apply (Gretna won the vote then Airdrie took over Clydebank), Gretna 2008 never applied and went into the East of Scotland League.

This could change in the future with the pyramid system i.e. promoting a team from the Highland or Lowland league instead of taking applications but that remains to be seen.

Personally, I think there is a chance that if we were liquidated then we'd reform and apply for the Lowland League for 2014/15. There has been talk of it expanding to 16 teams and there will be the possibility for promotion into the league at the end of that season.

I really can't be arsed, I have no care for them or the rights and wrongs of their entry. I was pointing out that anything that happened this time last year to Rangers / The Rangers cannot be a guide to our fate.

I think they can as long as we can provide certain criteria to be met, eg, ground to play on, finances, etc, listen bud there is no argument here just don't think that we will be shafted by the footballing authorities IMO they will do everything they can to make sure we are still 1) in the Premier League, 2) in the SPFL, that's my view.

Do I think they helped der hun, undoubtedly, do I think they will help us as much, yes.

Charlie-Brown

http://www.scottishf...=3&newsID=10204

When did Gretna 2008 seek permission to enter the SFL?

They didn't because they didn't meet the entry criteria thus no prospect of entry. Airdrie United sought a league place after Airdrionians were liquidated and were told they wouldn't get in thus they had to change tactics and bought over Clydebank and removed them to Airdrie to ensure the new Airdrie club had league status.

What happened with Rangers was highly unusual as they like Airdrie and Gretna simply didn't meet league criteria for entry. THE RANGERS were treated as a special case that is in no doubt.

I think they can as long as we can provide certain criteria to be met, eg, ground to play on, finances, etc, listen bud there is no argument here just don't think that we will be shafted by the footballing authorities IMO they will do everything they can to make sure we are still 1) in the Premier League, 2) in the SPFL, that's my view.

Do I think they helped der hun, undoubtedly, do I think they will help us as much, yes.

I said much the same earlier on - there's currently to much at stake to shaft us (right now anyway)

They didn't because they didn't meet the entry criteria thus no prospect of entry. Airdrie United sought a legislate after Airdrionians were liquidated and were told they wouldn't get in thus they had to change tactics and bought over Clydebank and removed them to Airdrie to ensure the new Airdrie club had league status.

What happened with Rangers was highly unusual as they like Airdrie and Gretna simply didn't meet league criteria for entry. THE RANGERS were treated as a special case that is in no doubt.

If Airdrie United were told they weren't allowed in then why were they allowed to compete with Gretna etc. for the vacant spot in the league?

Archived