The monthly Annoying Advert thread

:shitwine:

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Bauld said:

The ****ing Cinch ad on the radio and any other ad that ends with a stupid tune that's about 100x louder than everything else on the radio and leaves your ears in agony every time.

I'm sure it's the Cinch advert which contains the toot of a car horn. These should be banned from radio ads as every time I hear it, I'm startled and think someone is honking the horn at me! Dicks! 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JWL

• Sooperstar

• milky_26

• All roads lead to Gorgie

12 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'm sure it's the Cinch advert which contains the toot of a car horn. These should be banned from radio ads as every time I hear it, I'm startled and think someone is honking the horn at me! Dicks! 

Same if there is a police siren

• 1 month later...
Horatio Caine
On 24/06/2022 at 06:49, milky_26 said:

Same if there is a police siren

Agree.  Also if the ad contains any `beepy` electrical noises.  I always assume it's my car warning me about something!

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, obua said:

Anyone else find the crown paint ads nauseating.

Aye. It's like watching something dry. 

Dick Dastardly

The Cunard Line advert on spotify. Every f#&king time i hear it i think its a new Public Service Broadcasting song. 

Harry Potter

Find my past, the woman screaming , just a noise, but that seems to be the theme these days, people actually

get paid to make these adverts, beyond me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sainsbury's xmas advert, they seem to have got the volume stuck on full blast, clowns, oh you will hear 

us , naw just pissed me off wont be shopping there.

• 3 weeks later...
Horatio Caine

Moonpigs.com.  Shite about fluffy little creatures bringing you messages of good cheer.  GTF.

I'm checking to see if I can get moonpigs in blankets for Christmas scran.

4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Moonpigs.com.  Shite about fluffy little creatures bringing you messages of good cheer.  GTF.

I'm checking to see if I can get moonpigs in blankets for Christmas scran.

Moonpigs in general. Show someone you care by spending a few minutes on a website as it’s easier than walking to the shops, writing a card, and posting it yourself. 

• 1 month later...
On 19/01/2023 at 12:07, Cade said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Guys a good dancer tbf, the theme of adverts today is the more stupid the better, and make it loud,very loud, one day we might have the choice of not having to watch repeated garbage.

53 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Guys a good dancer tbf, the theme of adverts today is the more stupid the better, and make it loud,very loud, one day we might have the choice of not having to watch repeated garbage.

Apart from some individual adverts, that the most annoying thing I find about adverts. Watch anything that lasts a couple of hours, and you're guaranteed to see the same ones shown ad nauseam each break. Live sport is the worst for it, and not something you really want to record so you can watch it and skip the breaks

All roads lead to Gorgie

The McDonalds one where the office workers march out the building because they fancy a burger. The whistling one with the annoying voice has annoyed me for years, this could rival it.

All roads lead to Gorgie
20 hours ago, Bauld said:

:what:

Screenshot_20230120_130634_Samsung Internet.jpg

Didn't know they did glasses and decanters for Buckfast 😅

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That ****ing 3 one where the woman is glued to her phone oohing and aahing at shite she's scrolling through, whilst life goes on around her. 

Absolutely ****ing baffling that you would want to encourage that. Sadly more and more people behave like that and are unable to just ****ing put it down for longer than 30 seconds.  Just gives me the rage something chronic. 

Edit - it's not EE, it's actually for 3.  That's how shit the advert is. 

Edited by tian447

Day@theraces

The paddy power advert, where the lady asks for her name and the female replies I already have a girlfriend 😔

Edited by Day@theraces

• 4 weeks later...
Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Oooommmaaaazzzze uuuukkkkkaaaaay that wife rips my knitting 🤬

That has to be a scam shirley? 

henrysmithsgloves
Just now, Salad Fingers said:

That has to be a scam shirley? 

As my old boy used to say" where's there a pound to be got, you'll find a scam somewhere!"

All roads lead to Gorgie

That Numan erectile dysfunction ad. Whenever I hear the song " come up and see me" by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel on the radio now all I can think of is that annoying ad. 

15 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Would, I love me a Ginger, pubes like wire wool.

Do you not have higher % chance of being stabbed by a ginger after the wicked act?

Gingers are mental, steer clear.

"If you want me down there, can you have quick shave first"

Ginger pubes? No way.

• 4 weeks later...

There’s an advert that keeps popping up on my YouTube just now. A bunch of male model types in nice clothes kicking a ball around in a posh courtyard. At no point does it say what it’s for, some advertising types trying to be clever with a teaser advert. It’s not clever, it’s just annoying. 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

There’s an advert that keeps popping up on my YouTube just now. A bunch of male model types in nice clothes kicking a ball around in a posh courtyard. At no point does it say what it’s for, some advertising types trying to be clever with a teaser advert. It’s not clever, it’s just annoying. 

Hate ads on YouTube 🤬 always seem to be a higher volume than what you watching/listening to..,glad I've got new pipe now on my android systems😎

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

59 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Hate ads on YouTube 🤬 always seem to be a higher volume than what you watching/listening to..,glad I've got new pipe now on my android systems😎

Use newpipe inatead of YouTube, same thing, but no adverts.

https://newpipe.net/