• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JWL

• Sooperstar

• milky_26

• All roads lead to Gorgie

13 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Does my nut in. 👇

One of the better ones tbf, that curry's one with all staff with beards:facepalm:who thinks up that rubbish.

• 2 months later...

On The Beach advert. If that family was on my flight/holiday, I'd never book via On The Beach again...and I never will having seen the advert.

'The Most Wonderful Time of the Year'...the most horrific actually.

1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

On The Beach advert. If that family was on my flight/holiday, I'd never book via On The Beach again...and I never will having seen the advert.

'The Most Wonderful Time of the Year'...the most horrific actually.

In the same genre - the Jet 2 adverts. Family stroll through a near empty airport, straight onto an empty plane, arrive at a plush hotel with an abundance of free sunbeds. They then dance the night away in a stylish bar dining on gourmet food. No crowds, drunks, themed pubs, queues or old firm football top holiday wear to be seen. ‘Package holidays you can trust’ they say? Your whole advert is a lie! 😡

Just seen an advert for Snapdragon. 

You know, the company that makes CPUs mainly for smartphones and tablets.

Like, literally what is the point?  You are never going to buy one of their products on it's own, it's always going to come in a device that you are probably buying for many other reasons before it having a Snapdragon/Qualcomm processor being the deciding factor. 

It's just so completely pointless and it's annoyed me something chronic :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
PortyJambo
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The Inios one 

The Ionos one, with the annoying woman saying "I'll skoot now"? If so, yes, extremely annoying advert.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

The Ionos one, with the annoying woman saying "I'll skoot now"? If so, yes, extremely annoying advert.

Ye

Lone Striker

Basically most adverts that appear on Youtube.  Like these plug-in mini-fan heaters that allegedly "heat a room in minutes because they use revolutionary new technology that the energy companies don't want you to know about".     Aye, right.

.th?id=OIP.Y4TSsWHQJW0nnDWN94ND5gHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

Apparently the Advertising Standards Authority banned these adverts in the UK  a year ago, but  YouTube is the wild-west so they still show up.

Then there's the  clickbait b0ll0cks  that start "Top doctor begs Brits to shrink enlarged prostate this way"   or  "Top doctor begs Brits to  relieve  joint pain without surgery using this method". 

They're so annoying that you're tempted to pay for YouTube Premium just to avoid seeing them ever again.  

:getout:

highlandjambo3

Play the Scotto 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

away and pap shite at the moon……weegie slavering arses.

10 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Basically most adverts that appear on Youtube.  Like these plug-in mini-fan heaters that allegedly "heat a room in minutes because they use revolutionary new technology that the energy companies don't want you to know about".     Aye, right.

Apparently the Advertising Standards Authority banned these adverts in the UK  a year ago, but  YouTube is the wild-west so they still show up.

Then there's the  clickbait b0ll0cks  that start "Top doctor begs Brits to shrink enlarged prostate this way"   or  "Top doctor begs Brits to  relieve  joint pain without surgery using this method". 

They're so annoying that you're tempted to pay for YouTube Premium just to avoid seeing them ever again.  

Top doctor begs Brits to use the uBlock Origin (or equivalent) add-on for their browsers in order to say goodbye to adverts on YouTube.

Lone Striker
26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Top doctor begs Brits to use the uBlock Origin (or equivalent) add-on for their browsers in order to say goodbye to adverts on YouTube.

Thanks, will give it a go - but I was basically just passing comment on the  b0ll0cks nature of modern clickbait adverts, whether on YouTube or online versions of newspapers.    

Quite ironic that there's a video on YouTube  about how to setup uBlock Origin to block YouTube adverts !   😃

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

You can buy those heaters in bargain stores for far less than they say they go for in those adds. They are quite good but noisy as feck. It's funny how they were "invented" by different people every other week though on the YouTube ads 😄

Harry Potter

Cadbury's cream egg on toast, honestly, attention seeking nonsense , who on earth would eat 

that, mind you a mars bar in batter is disgusting.:facepalm:.

Wee Mikey

This one, and similar, is relentless on C4 as a 'sponsored by' thing between programs and it's doing my nut in:-

(Let it run ... it's excruciating) 🤮

Edited by Wee Mikey

Wee Mikey
On 10/02/2024 at 14:02, neilnunb said:

Words fail me.

Seriously.

The odd thing is, I only just saw that the other day and began a mini rant only for my gal to say, "They are really good".

I was left speechless, moreso due to her being an absolute top chef when it comes to knocking up healthy veggie food.

Utterly baffling.

Wee Mikey

Once-upon-a-time, there were adverts extolling the virtues of Cumbernauld ...

"What's it called? Cumbernauld."

Wee Mikey

10 points to anyone who can unearth a vid of the Scottish Bluebell ad.

"Ah cannae get the matches tae light ...

...light them up with Scottish Bluebell"

is how I remember it.

Screenshot_20240215_232452_Google.jpg

henrysmithsgloves
24 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

10 points to anyone who can unearth a vid of the Scottish Bluebell ad.

"Ah cannae get the matches tae light ...

...light them up with Scottish Bluebell"

is how I remember it.

Screenshot_20240215_232452_Google.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Harry Potter

Pot noodle, another joke of an advert, the more stupid the better seems to be the theme these days.

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Pot noodle, another joke of an advert, the more stupid the better seems to be the theme these days.

I actually find it disgusting and it takes a lot to do that. 😡

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

I actually find it disgusting and it takes a lot to do that. 😡

👍

Gundermann

Not annoying. How have I never seen this ad from the 80s until today. A classic.

Horatio Caine

The daytime ads for Verisure alarms.  Dear God. Horrendous acting that is so bad it's good.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

The daytime ads for Verisure alarms.  Dear God. Horrendous acting that is so bad it's good.

Have you seen the Irish ones? Exactly the same actors, but dubbed with Irish voices, instead of uber posh, middle England accents. :lol:

highlandjambo3

Penelope Cruz with her £15k Qtar seat talking about just having a shower at 35,000…....gtf 🤬

milky_26
On 01/03/2024 at 10:56, Horatio Caine said:

just seen their latest one, stereotypical boss approaches employee asking about their recent break in. the employee is not bothered as he now has had an alarm fitted. he deserved to be robbed