Tynie Arms,Horseshoe & Roseburn.

Meadows

Following the negativites regarding the Tynecastle Arms and the lack of support for the fund raising events,i had a chat with the Managing Director of the company that own the 3 pubs. He has agreed to buy 2 season tickets per pub for the regulars in each of the bars to use on a 'draw' basis. This purchase of 6 season tickets will boost Hearts coffers by over ?2000 !

All's well that ends well ! :-)

pettigrewsstylist

Following the negativites regarding the Tynecastle Arms and the lack of support for the fund raising events,i had a chat with the Managing Director of the company that own the 3 pubs. He has agreed to buy 2 season tickets per pub for the regulars in each of the bars to use on a 'draw' basis. This purchase of 6 season tickets will boost Hearts coffers by over ?2000 !

Well done mate,,take a bow!

Carl Spackler

Good man Meadows and the MD.

The Roseburn is one of my favourite bars in Edinburgh except for on home Derby days obviously!

Well done mate..! :thumb:

:bravo:

Ya dingle now everyone will be drinking in his boozers no yours.

Knowing you though I am sure you have a cunning plan :-)

Seriously well done

My bet is the two belonging to the horseshoe will be in police custody after the first derby !!

Anyways sterling effort !!

Chad Sexington

The Tynie Arms is one of the shittest pubs in Edinburgh when it should be one of the best. Arse of a manager, surly bar staff, crap atmosphere.

Needs a total overhaul.

Clerry Jambo

The Tynie Arms is one of the shittest pubs in Edinburgh when it should be one of the best. Arse of an owner, surly bar staff, crap atmosphere.

Needs a total overhaul.

and not the greatest pint of Belhaven Best

Aye but we're still boycotting the chippy eh?

Aye, the Gorgie Fish Bar Bar is still in plaice...

Chad Sexington

and not the greatest pint of Belhaven Best

I've very rarely had a good pint in there.

Its basically just a shit pub.

Despite it being the closest pub to Tynecastle I've only ever been in once in the 17 odd years I've been drinking.

I've very rarely had a good pint in there.

Its basically just a shit pub.

Truth. Staff seem to grudge serving you at times.

Have I missed something.. What have they done (or not done)

Aye but we're still boycotting the chippy eh?

The chippy has trackside sponsorship and bought shares in November so they do support Hearts financially.

scott herbertson

Boycodd still on then?

broughies tach

Good gesture considering said MD is a Hibby

Good effort from the guy.

Unfortunately the managers of the pubs never thought of doing this with their own boss. It had to take a rival landlord to help them out :facepalm:

Truth. Staff seem to grudge serving you at times.

I once stood for half an hour trying to get served in there while person after person came up after me and got served :( I'm just too wee.

yvonnejambo

I once stood for half an hour trying to get served in there while person after person came up after me and got served :( I'm just too wee.

I have had same problem in there a few times too

The chippy has trackside sponsorship and bought shares in November so they do support Hearts financially.

. Oh don't say that. Need to find somewhere else to boycott.. He did say they done their bit right enough.

Seymour M Hersh

The Tynie Arms is one of the shittest pubs in Edinburgh when it should be one of the best. Arse of a manager, surly bar staff, crap atmosphere.

Needs a total overhaul.

So true Chad.

Needs a total overhaul.

Sure the MD of these pubs will be delighted with your comment after handing over ?2000

Despite it being the closest pub to Tynecastle I've only ever been in once in the 17 odd years I've been drinking.

I'm in my fifth decade of going to Tynecastle and have only set foot in there once. And when I did the old bloke next to me dropped the worst fart I've ever smelt.

Never again.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Sure the MD of these pubs will be delighted with your comment after handing over ?2000

I reckon he probably won't and you know that.

Still not sure what your point is though.

Too be fair can I just add that the Horseshoe Inn did also dontate to the family fun day as well, but well done on this.

Well done on making the phone call bud, good work.

Needs a total overhaul.

100% :spoton:

the general

well done but was always going to happen in some form or another

he isnt daft

the general

or maybe they were regulars?

the general

Needs a total overhaul.

you obvously havent been in for a while lad

great atmosphere for most games nowadays

so someone should stand for half an hour for a drink just because other folk are considered regulars? Sorry but they should have to wait like everyone else. It's that sort of attitude that makes folk not enjoy drinking in the pub and will go somewhere else. Definitely do not have that sort of problem in the bmc or stratties.

Fwiw I actually like the tynie arms.

It's the Tynie Arms being discussed not the Canny Mans.

But more seriously, what way is that to treat potential new regulars?

the general

so someone should stand for half an hour for a drink just because other folk are considered regulars? Sorry but they should have to wait like everyone else. It's that sort of attitude that makes folk not enjoy drinking in the pub and will go somewhere else. Definitely do not have that sort of problem in the bmc or stratties.

Fwiw I actually like the tynie arms

yip obvious if you drink in the pub during the week and know the bar staff and they know you then you get served quicker

no?

the general

It's the Tynie Arms being discussed not the Canny Mans.

But more seriously, what way is that to treat potential new regulars?

the whole point is that they never ever will be regulars ... or do you think every 2 weeks or so is regular in the pub game?

the whole point is that they never ever will be regulars ... or do you think every 2 weeks or so is regular in the pub game?

One way to make sure they never will be regulars is to serve others before them.

Not ideal in any business, turning customers away.

the general

One way to make sure they never will be regulars is to serve others before them.

Not ideal in any business, turning customers away.

but they arent apart from the fact they are packed solid most match days

the general

oonly ever go there corp days shhoity pub

and you guys make it worse tbh coming in bevvied acting the big boys

Could all the JKB cry babies keep out the Tynie Arms.

Does it turn into a good pub for an hour at 3.45 on a Saturday Winnie? It's a dump the rest of the time.

Edit: Good gesture and the Roseburn is a great boozer.

Fxxx the SPFL

don't class myself as a regular but do pop in on my way home from work during the week and staff are fine yes it does get a bit manic on matchdays but if you know the bar staff names it does help, I have been going to the Ardmillan for a good few years before and after matches and yes I do get served before others but only because they recognise me even although i'm a shortarse i just wave my notes above the bar.

Archived