This guy would be a great signing....

Walter Bishop

We should sign "South African prospect Bally Smart". He sounds like he would be good in a circus...

I see Newcastle are letting Stephen Carr go. I'd take him for right back.

Andrew Cave-Brown would be a more realistic signing. I watched him for Scotland under 19's/21's and he was quality at right back. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

IF Hearts sign Huckerby, I WILL buy a season ticket, . 100%. I'll have to wait until after May 30th though, will there be any left?

vlad on the tyne

Think Huckerby would be a good SPL signing. Just don't know how much of that blistering pace he has left at 32.

Does Huckerby have the hunger or the desire to play for a club thats currently without a manager, I would doubt that very much.

He played for Coventry in a pre season game at Tynecastle, it must have been around 1999? not 100% sure on that, he played a blinder, he must be older than Neil McCann now, well past it mate.

Anybody know the year that game was played i think we won 1 nil, again i could be wrong with that score ?:confused:

Ibrahim Tall
He played for Coventry in a pre season game at Tynecastle, it must have been around 1999? not 100% sure on that, he played a blinder, he must be older than Neil McCann now, well past it mate.

Anybody know the year that game was played i think we won 1 nil, again i could be wrong with that score ?:confused:

Start of 98/99 i think, was just after the cup win i'm sure.

No Nonsense

2 years ago I would have bitten your hand off for Huckerby, but you need to be wary of players who completely rely on pace- Once the legs go your left with Neil McCann!

If he still has the pace, he would be a good signing. Could play up front or on either wing in a 451...

Start of 98/99 i think, was just after the cup win i'm sure.

Can you recall the score, i think we won 1 goal to nil. ?:):)

Raymond K?ruzor?

I agree Huckerby is a has been

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7385865.stm

Boris' suggestion is much more sensible. Carr is on a free. We need a right back. Wages might be an issue but he's going to have to take a step down if he's just been released.

then again, let's get real: he'll go to a Championship club for twice what we could pay him

:cry:

bighusref

Great shout.

Remember it well.

Through sheer greediness he single handedly made a 3 or 4 Coventry win into a 1 nil for Hearts.

Sorry not for me.

That was the day Gary Locke took a thrown from the Rugby League lines instead of the footy ones.

If Carr is available on a free there will be a feeding frenzy in the Championship of teams after him. IF he can stay fit.

If Carr is available on a free there will be a feeding frenzy in the Championship of teams after him. IF he can stay fit.

Peter Ramage is also available on a free from the Toon. We have been linked with him before.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
Peter Ramage is also available on a free from the Toon. We have been linked with him before.

Ramage would be an excellent signing. Anyone who makes 63 appearances in the EPL (albeit many as sub) is a pretty decent pedigree.

I'd be looking for us to build a team more than just have a stop gap, as Huckerby would be at the age of 32.

Carr's wage demands would be ridiculous. For that reason there is little chance of that happening.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Cave-Brown is a good shout. Carr? He'll be on about 30K a week at least, hes about 32 and isn't very good. Think Celtic have been linked with him recently.

Only a Game

Huckerby is too old, too injury prone these days and too expensive in terms of wages for us.

Cave-Brown is more our style, a promising young Scottish full back who has been pretty good whenever Ive seen him on telly.

Legend Claws

Ramage would be great but again he will be Championship/lower Prem bound.

Cave Brown would be more realistic.

The Aussie boy that NFC released is highly rated over here but not sure how much to trust that.

Remember it well.

Through sheer greediness he single handedly made a 3 or 4 Coventry win into a 1 nil for Hearts.

Sorry not for me.

That was the day Gary Locke took a thrown from the Rugby League lines instead of the footy ones.

Thanks thats refreshed my memory, i remember it was a sunny day that day, who scored for us ?:107years:

duckandcover
Thanks thats refreshed my memory, i remember it was a sunny day that day, who scored for us ?:107years:

I think im thinking of another time but im sure David Hagen scored against Coventry in a friendly, sure we got pumped 5-1 though.

The Old Tolbooth
IF Hearts sign Huckerby, I WILL buy a season ticket, . 100%. I'll have to wait until after May 30th though, will there be any left?

Ah, but would he get a game in front of Clum? :confused:

Jambo Ell

Pretty sure it was Neil McCann who scored the winner in that friendly. George Boateng was a dirty barsteward that day IIRC.

andrew cave-brown would be a great signing for us dont think he would be ready for 1st team football just yet but is definately one for the future.

i see the released ryan jarvis as well..... watched him play a couple of times and looked a not bad player also. certainly better than callum but maybe not good enough for us.

Newcastle are my english team and i try 2 go to a few games a season and was quite suprised when they released ramage, think he would be an excellent signing for us if we went for him.

Carr wouldnt sign for us as he was just recently linked with a move villa plus he's pish! gives away so many pointless fouls and is just generally ****e.

huckerby would be a good signing as he could probably teach some of the younger strikers like glen a few tricks.... i for one would be happy if we signed huckerby.

FTH

bigbryanthejambo

Yeah......Pinilla needs a mate to be massivley over paid and on the crock list.....lets sign Huckerby....... :( aye.... 10 year ago mibee. Some people are easy pleased...

Archived