uruguay v italy

it_hearts

Tommy Wiseau

He is. None of them were difficult at all!

Is he **** Lawson. He's come off the back of two outstanding league performances where his defence have been peerless.

And he is the master of psychology in penalties. His presence was a major factor in the 3 misses.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Where can I listen to Shaun from Uruguay sobbing down the phone to a football radio show please?

:jjyay:

shaun.lawson

Is he **** Lawson. He's come off the back of two outstanding league performances where his defence have been peerless.

And he is the master of psychology in penalties. His presence was a major factor in the 3 misses.

I think the major factor was that Uruguay, wasteful during the match, remained wasteful during the shoot-out. There's something wrong with this side's mentality right now: the ruthlessness has gone.

You'd expect any goalkeeper in the world to save those pens, all of which were struck appallingly.

shaun.lawson

Where can I listen to Shaun from Uruguay sobbing down the phone to a football radio show please?

:jjyay:

:lol:

Mickey Mouse Cup. :cool:

Tommy Wiseau

I think the major factor was that Uruguay, wasteful during the match, remained wasteful during the shoot-out. There's something wrong with this side's mentality right now: the ruthlessness has gone.

You'd expect any goalkeeper in the world to save those pens, all of which were struck appallingly.

I can smell the tears. PLEASING.

shaun.lawson

I can smell the tears. PLEASING.

You're making a rod for your own back by not seeing what's happening with Buffon. For Italy's sake, I hope Prandelli sees it in time for next summer.

You're making a rod for your own back by not seeing what's happening with Buffon. For Italy's sake, I hope Prandelli sees it in time for next summer.

Dangerous for a coach to drop him though surely? Massive pressure on whoever steps into his shoes, one or two mistakes later and Prandelli is out on his arse.

shaun.lawson

Lawson > Imb?cil de mierda

JKB > Buffon is cool! He has that slick Italian hairstyle and everything!

10 goals conceded in 5 games. Top quality, obviously. :whistling:

Hot since 86

JKB > Buffon is cool! He has that slick Italian hairstyle and everything!

10 goals conceded in 5 games. Top quality, obviously. :whistling:

Uruguay > the international Hibs

shaun.lawson

Dangerous for a coach to drop him though surely? Massive pressure on whoever steps into his shoes, one or two mistakes later and Prandelli is out on his arse.

That's life in international management. Dropping national heroes is always difficult. Tabarez won't do it at all, which is pathetic given how Forlan and Cavani are playing.

shaun.lawson

Yes. With 19 major tournaments won, of course they are. :lol:

Buffon should be Italy number one as long as he is Juve's number one. I personally think he is starting to decline and it's only a matter of time before he will have to call it a day.

Hot since 86

It was more the disgusting attitudes of their players I was going for. Animals.

shaun.lawson

It was more the disgusting attitudes of their players I was going for. Animals.

Trying much, much too hard now I'm afraid. :)

Tommy Wiseau

I know you don't watch much football, Lawson, but surely you are not basing this opinion of Buffon on a couple of matches in an end of season diddy tournament ffs? :lol:

Nah, nothing to do with his form for club and country over the last 18 years, it's because he has slick back hair and I have a man crush on him :lol: (well, it is a little bit, but that's not the point)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Lawson thinks Neville Southall is one of the greatest keepers to have played the game.

gigi-buffon-contemplates-italian-history.jpg

shaun.lawson

I know you don't watch much football, Lawson, but surely you are not basing this opinion of Buffon on a couple of matches in an end of season diddy tournament ffs? :lol:

Nah, nothing to do with his form for club and country over the last 18 years, it's because he has slick back hair and I have a man crush on him :lol: (well, it is a little bit, but that's not the point)

I hadn't seen it until this tournament, tbf. But defensively, Italy's record has been ropey for some considerable time now: I thought it was down to Prandelli's approach more than anything, but I'm not so sure now.

You know how it works with ageing keepers though. They can still make instinctive reflex saves, as he did again today - but they just start getting more erratic when you don't expect it. Might be a concentration thing as much as anything else.

But do I think Buffon's "presence" was the reason Uruguay produced three penalties which were borderline backpasses? Not for a moment. Their confidence isn't what it should be, and they're too satisfied with just holding their own against big name opponents. Not beating them.

"But they've no won the big cup...since 1950!"

Always had a soft spot for Italy. I never saw any of the third place play off but recently they`ve been refreshing to watch.......a good attacking side who aren`t far away from winning another major tournament.

Funny thing is and has been pointed out by many, uncharacteristically they look slack at the back sometimes as a unit yet individually i think they have very good defenders. If you could transport some of their defences of yesteryear into the current side you have world champions!!

shaun.lawson

"But they've no won the big cup...since 1950!"

This is true. :)

Lawson thinks Neville Southall is one of the greatest keepers to have played the game.

:arry:

Neville-Southall-2991991.jpg

With Lawson's logic that Buffon is only loved for his slick hair and all that, I assume Lawson's preference is how round the keeper is?

rossthejambo

:lol: Cracking photo

GIgi is still tops

Southall was a world class keeper and definitely the best British keeper of the last 40 years imo.

Lawson might slaver a lot but he's no always wrong.

Archived